Advertisement

Author Topic: My cat brought a baby rabbit home  (Read 3937 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
My cat brought a baby rabbit home
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »
My heart sunk when I saw the rabbit in my cat's mouth as she walked into the house.  How could a cute loving little thing like my cat do that to the cute creature.  She then let the rabbit loose in the house so she can play hide and seek.  I feel guilty as if I had caused this poor little rabbit suffering.  I took the cat and put in another room.  Then I herd the rabbit to the door.  I hope it will survive to be a big rabbit.  If I were small like a mouse, I know I won't be its owner, but its prey.  A cat is a tiger at heart.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: My cat brought a baby rabbit home
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »
That's cute.

My dog did something similar.  She caught a rabbit in the yard.  It was in her mouth and making these squeaky noises like her toys.  Husband thought it was her toy but then when he got closer he realized it was a real rabbit.  He forced her to let it go so she did.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: My cat brought a baby rabbit home
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 08:03:27 AM »
When I was a kid back in our house in Laos, we had a cat that was always after the rats in the holes around the house.

But they like to play with their foods before chomping  on them. You usually see a cat poke its foods before mouthing them.

So, one afternoon, our cat had caught a rat and somehow has exhausted the rat enough that the cat could just toss it around for fun.

I was roasting a sticky rice patty at our fireplace and watching the cat play with the rat.

The cat would swing the rat into the air onto a place on the dirt floor and then the cat would wait a little bit and would run to grab it again for another toss.

I could tell the cat enjoying that game.

Then this time the cat tossed it and accidentally swang it onto the mount of a rat hole on the ground.  Just as the cat was about to run to it, the rat slipped into the hole and disappeared. The cat rushed to it and dipped it a few times with its right paw but nothing came out.

Cats eat rats, mice, birds, and other smaller animals or any kind of meat given to them. If Duckwingduck had not removed that bunny outside, Kitty would have devoured it after playing with it.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements