Advertisement

Author Topic: Getting ideas for kitchen update  (Read 19743 times)

zena

Re: Getting ideas for kitchen update
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
OMG all that junks inside of the island.  My island has cabinets and its where I stored my pans and pots.

No house is safe from junk like that unless you build it yourself.  As mentioned, we found a soda can behind the drywall.  I know our house is not the only one with construction worker's junk.  I think I mentioned this already that my husband used to tile and the guys he worked around with (not tilers, but guys who did other stuff who were not from his company) would do disgusting things like pee in the tubs and stuff.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 08:08:58 PM »
No house is safe from junk like that unless you build it yourself.  As mentioned, we found a soda can behind the drywall.  I know our house is not the only one with construction worker's junk.  I think I mentioned this already that my husband used to tile and the guys he worked around with (not tilers, but guys who did other stuff who were not from his company) would do disgusting things like pee in the tubs and stuff.

:knuppel2:

You know, all waste may go thru different drainage but will all eventually end up at the same place.

zena

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »
Husband put the backsplash in.  I have more photos on my blog if you'd like to see.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »

The people they hired to lay down counter, tile, etc. you already know it is mostly those laborer guy who are......... I'm sure we all will find disgusting thing unless we are there to witness each works being done.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »
The more I look at your counter top and backsplash look like my childhood bf.  She sold her home in 1 week and moved into a older home that she will upgrade when she has $$ because she want to be in a safer neighborhood.  Let me see if I can find it and load here because some listing hasn't taken down photos. 

zena

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 10:06:15 AM »
The more I look at your counter top and backsplash look like my childhood bf.  She sold her home in 1 week and moved into a older home that she will upgrade when she has $$ because she want to be in a safer neighborhood.  Let me see if I can find it and load here because some listing hasn't taken down photos.

I'd like to see.  There is a commercial that shows a background kitchen with the same backsplash as ours.  It was really cool to see.

zena

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »
Forgot to post a photo of our updated sink and faucet.

It's amazing how an under mount gives us a little more space yet feels like it's a ton of space.

zena

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
It's done.  This is the finished product and it's beautiful!  I enjoy cooking and cleaning more now in it.

Advertisements