Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong burial and Chinese duckED UP MOVE!  (Read 34166 times)

TheAfterLife

Hmong burial and Chinese duckED UP MOVE!
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
Did you know that whenever we buried our dead, we do our shaman style before running away from the Chinese. We use stone burial by putting rock to pile up the dead. What the Chinese did in THEIR beliefs is that whenever the person dies, chop off their limbs from pieces to pieces so that the dead won't rise again. They did that to OUR people and OUR graves! What gives them the right to FUK our graves. Recently on the news, Chinese people are using Hmong bones for medicine in some voodoo ritual. That's fuked up! I don't understand why Hmong people China has allowed this to happen to them? Why are we so dumb and isolated from the world? Do we not retaliate?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong burial and Chinese duckED UP MOVE!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
Because Hmong are a countriless people. If Hmong people want other people's respect, Hmong people need to attain the same level of technology, have the power to project their own destiny and not hide in America's shadow and be the last citizen. Gotta show some support for Seng Xiong. If a people don't have a dream, they're not people at all...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »
Did you know that whenever we buried our dead, we do our shaman style before running away from the Chinese. We use stone burial by putting rock to pile up the dead. What the Chinese did in THEIR beliefs is that whenever the person dies, chop off their limbs from pieces to pieces so that the dead won't rise again. They did that to OUR people and OUR graves! What gives them the right to FUK our graves. Recently on the news, Chinese people are using Hmong bones for medicine in some voodoo ritual. That's fuked up! I don't understand why Hmong people China has allowed this to happen to them? Why are we so dumb and isolated from the world? Do we not retaliate?

Why care? They're dead, rotting corpses... Does not matter what happens or who did what to the graves.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
Shocking, isn't it. When the living dig up the dead. It's never happened before in the course of human history. It's not like there are mounds to be dug up or big stone structures that the dead are entombed in in. Sickening. Them Chinese, Chiyou-killers and land stealers.

IF, it's your family, find a recourse. It's on you if you decide to let whatever happens, happen.

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
What happens if they chopped your mother into pieces?

Nothing as her flesh will rot just the same whether whole or pieces...

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »
This is why I don't like them. Today, I would join side with Vietnam since they have one common enemy. That will be China.

That was sarcasm, btw.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 07:58:54 AM »
There is no freedom in any other country except for America. Why is that America has the most freedom than anyone in the world?

Would this be the same facts you used in developing all your theories?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/441508/united-states-ranked-21st-worldwide-personal-freedom

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »
This is why I don't like them. Today, I would join side with Vietnam since they have one common enemy. That will be China.

That would be an unwise reason to join Vietnam.

3 Years Time

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »
Because Hmong are a countriless people. If Hmong people want other people's respect, Hmong people need to attain the same level of technology, have the power to project their own destiny and not hide in America's shadow and be the last citizen. Gotta show some support for Seng Xiong. If a people don't have a dream, they're not people at all...
What we need to do is upgrade our thinking.  We sit here arguing about how to reinvent the wheel, about how we should get a country of our own.  What we need to do is think about the future, not about the past.  Trying to get a country of our own is not realistic.  Even if we did, what would we trade?  Who would we trade with?  How would we defend ourselves?  If we want to be on the map, we don't need a country, what we need are people who can change the world.  If a Hmong person invents technology that sends us to Mars, guess who he or she just put on the human history map?  The Hmong.  If a Hmong person finds the cure for cancer, guess who he or she just represented?  The Hmong.

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »
What we need to do is upgrade our thinking.  We sit here arguing about how to reinvent the wheel, about how we should get a country of our own.  What we need to do is think about the future, not about the past.  Trying to get a country of our own is not realistic.  Even if we did, what would we trade?  Who would we trade with?  How would we defend ourselves?  If we want to be on the map, we don't need a country, what we need are people who can change the world.  If a Hmong person invents technology that sends us to Mars, guess who he or she just put on the human history map?  The Hmong.  If a Hmong person finds the cure for cancer, guess who he or she just represented?  The Hmong.

I'm trying hard to be creative, innovative and accept your line of thinking, but I can't seem to grasp how a countryless people (thus no autonomy) can continue to keep their identities for generations and millenniums to come when they don't have anything concrete to hold onto (such as country that specifically identifies them for the rest of the world to know, see, and accept), all the while their culture keeps on eroding away as assimilation forces encroach, and fast. Everywhere I look I just see more and more intermarriages and cultural extinction (like Christianity converting Hmong ppl or Hmong kids just losing the language and traditions)... With this trend and looking at it in the long run, like centuries from now, will there even be people who identify themselves as Hmong around then? Or will they just be Americans, Canadians, French, Chinese of Hmong descent, if that?,,, You also need a state to help protect and perpetuate the Hmong cultural identities, no? So when somebody comes up with a world changing invention the other ppl of the world can say yes that guy/gal from Hmongland, hence Hmong, did that.

With your examples up above, I'm thinking that if a Hmong person (living in America?) finds a cure for cancer or builds a ship to Mars and beyond, the history books will say "An American (since s/she is from America) by the name of so and so (and s/he probably a English/American first name as well) did so and so. The Hmong identity would probably be relegated as secondary only, if that.

To be creative in thinking and making the best of a bad situation is a consolation only, while having the country/state (and what it embodies) is the real prize, imo.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:58:43 PM by YeejKoob13 »

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »

Similar to you and others letting foreign christians/christianities mentally violating you. And this is why I'm trying to help you because kuv mob mob siab thaum pom nej mag dag. Thaum nej raug luag dag ces hos ua rau peb Hmoob suavdaws poob phlu. But all I get is ire from you guys.

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 10:38:15 PM »
Uh, religion doesn't destroy anyone's culture. According to the American Constitution, religion has been separated from government and state laws. Therefore, I don't mind about having more than one religion. It's not the religion; it's what other cultures that practice without religion are attacking us. Culture vs. Religion is far different. Culture, I will say, "Yes, we should put some boundary on our people." As for religion, why against that?

I am a Christian; however, that doesn't mean I will automatically lose my identity. I don't want to lose my ID, nor losing my history and heritage. It's fine about the religion since as a Hmong person, I don't want to look like a anti-religious bigot. It's best for religion to be separated on its own.

You have LOST your Hmong cultural identity. Maybe not all, but most.

Of course religion is and part of culture. I will give you an analogy. Culture is like the body (entire body, from head to toe), while religion is a subset or part of it, such as the head, or torso, but it still belongs to the overall body. This should be obvious.

Hmong do not have a country, unlike Americans, so you can't entirely compare what we classify as a Hmong to that of an American. The difference here is that America has a defined territorial border, and governing it is a constitution. Anyone living within this border, whether white, black, yellow, etc, taking up whatever religion, is considered an American, as long as they meet the legal requirements of the land. It's a simple and clear cut definition.

To define Hmong is a bit more narrow or loose, depending on your view. We have no state. No place where someone can point his/her finger to and say ah-ha there's Hmongland, and anyone from there is a Hmong. Thus all we can do, and what we have been doing, is use culture (language, traditions, religion/supernatural beliefs, arts, etc) to define us and separate us from others. Think about it. These are what keep us together as a nation (nation is a group of ppl affiliated together, and don't confuse this with state, which is a defined territory which belongs to the said ppl). All throughout history we had/have similar "religious beliefs", that is until the 19th century when the white christians came and divided the ppl into two groups, of which the converters began self-hating... So when you turn into a christian you have SUBTRACTED and ERASED so many Hmong cultural practices (mostly having to do with the supernaturals) and replaced them with a foreign one. Do you or your parent have the xwmkab in the house? How about noj pebcaug for your place? Call spirits back for yourself or your kids and family members? I gave you those examples already in many of my posts in the religion section. If you don't even practice these traditions anymore then are you even really Hmong, as you don't even fit into the definition anymore. Worst, you turn around and ridicule these Hmongess (for lack of better word)... So how can you be Hmong still when you intentionally rip these features out of your identity?... This is akin to someone revoking their American citizenship (not exactly, but similar) and still calling himself an American afterwards... You haven't done enough thinking about this. When you do you will see what I'm saying.

And you can't even really use genetics or "ntshav Hmoob" (which I know you think is the umbrella covering us all together) because so many of us have other dna components from Chinese, Viets, Lao, and even other non-Asians (from intermarriages/breeding). So "blood wise" we have differing degrees of genes. Even some Lao or Khmu over time have culturally transformed into Hmong (like they were adopted, or one of the parent is a Hmong). It's a hodgepodge with no real consistency.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:25:41 AM by YeejKoob13 »

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »
Again, religion doesn't affect the nation. America is doing this just fine if we adopt that system to push out religion on their own boundaries. If you reject ALL religion except for your own--that's IF we have a country--the world will you as a stupid, anti-religious man who doesn't tolerate other religion. The only religion that I will forbid will be muslim is because they don't do anything that is fair. If they don't want our religion in their country, then I will not allow theirs in my country. I will allow someone's religion to be in MY country if they allow ours. That is what I see fair of religion.

Americans have the United States of America as a country.  They are pegged to this land and it's this that defines them. The people within can argue and differ here and there on politics and religions, etc, but the territorial integrity of the land remains intact, and because of this America still exists... If later on in the future some other nation/state or the Mexicans take over it, it will be called something else, and so with this the American "ethnicity/identity" is wiped off,,, Another name will be given,,, just like many other people or empires of the past.

Hmong do not have land, nothing so concrete. To compare Hmong to Americans is like the 50 states representing the many cultural aspects of what define Hmong. When a Hmong gets converted into christianity it's like losing the land of Texas, California, New York, so and so, with only maybe Hawaii and Maine left, while grasping to Puerto Rico, to be called "The United States of America."

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:22:59 AM by YeejKoob13 »

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »
I will only adopt what makes Hmong strong and not stupid. Again, we are so many like those ants who cannot win against one giant dung beetle. I understand that Hmong are afraid of China; however, there is a saying to what makes our will to be a strong will is because we have a will that never gives up. Chinese considered us a formidable foe is because we can kill them. If San Miao States doesn't rebel, then Hmong are too stupid. Chinese are cowards as we go to our Hmong history. They always outsmart us like ib niag khib xuab. They don't honor a fair fight; they always cheat and win against us. They are cowards. Did you know that Japan called them cowards too? There is no honor for a man to be a coward if one doesn't defend his or her own people. As it again, I will say it again, "Leave culture aside, that makes us weak. We must have strong ground and rebel China for good." If we win against China, I will put an independence between us. I will ally with Japan or Korea for an economic trade in order to protect us from the Chinese persecution. We need money; we need resource that we can trade for the world. Why can't Hmong look at the reality of that?

You have chosen stupid without knowing that it's stupid.

You have chosen assimilation. You are inadvertently leading Hmong to their cultural end. And when there's no Hmong cultural identities left, there won't be any Hmong. You and your kids and so forth will live on, but as other ppl, such as calling yourself Americans. And others will call themselves Thai or French, etc. Assimilation over time absorbs people into the larger or more dominant groups. When there are no more Hmong (or too few) then you won't have a ppl who will strive for a Hmong cause (like the state/country you so wish to materialize). And to achieve statehood will take many generations probably, and in that time you have to make sure your ppl remain as one until that goal is attained. The Jews knew this that's why they created their religion/book which has kept them together as a people, even if separated by geography, over hundreds of years when the had no country until 1948.

Hmong are scattered all over the world at the moment, from China, to Laos, to Canada and USA, to Australia. We have no land to link us all together as one. So what binds us together at the moment then? ... It's because we have the same culture. And our history of the past is shared with one another, for now. But not for long because are future will not be together as our destinies are dictated by those countries we live in. As we are pulled and pushed (getting converted into christianity, maybe even buddhism, etc, depending on where you live) we will lose our identities and starting identifying with that of other ppl, like you taking up christianity and then start thinking that somehow Hmong are the lost tribe of Israel. You will begin adopting their ways and disregarding your own. Even your name is not Hmong anymore. And you can barely speak Hmong. Don't even know much about Hmong ways... See where this is heading to? If this is you, what do you think your kids will be like? And their kids? And so on. And in time they will just be calling themselves Americans and that their only interest is being Americans. Any concept of "Hmong" to them will be foreign and they won't care. So with that, good luck on getting the groundswell and in recruiting your Hmong support/army to fight the Hmong cause.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:14:20 AM by YeejKoob13 »

Advertisements