Advertisement

Author Topic: Cars and looks of it... I always felt the latest evo's are...  (Read 4286 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Cars and looks of it... I always felt the latest evo's are...
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »
They just don't look good.

Obviously all the higher end car's, they look nice, like ferrari... etc etc etc.. but we're talking from an avg joe car that avg can afford..

The older evo's look nicer.. but even then... those car's were truely econo box's in that they ... they just look like a box.

If you look at the sides... the fender's doesn't flare out.  It's like... a  female with no curves...

I saw this becuase there's a few evo's parked around here and everytime I walk past them I just can't help to notice how bland they look.

I mean, it's an evo!  It should look better in my opinion.

Then I look at my s2k... and yes, from the side profile, it don't look to nice... but you start walking around it and.. you see all the curves, you see those flared front fender's, it looks awesome.  You approach it from the hood and it looks like a snake.  It's got nice curves...  it's pleasing to look at.

The M3's, I think they look aggressive, they don't look dull.

The BRZ/FRS, they really look good in my opinion.

The new STI's, they look nice, very aggressive, although they look huge.

Even the old sti's look nice.

I don't know what it is about the lancer, they should've designed the looks better.

I'm talking stock trim. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Cars and looks of it... I always felt the latest evo's are...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »
Function over form.  Mitsubishi wanted the 'boy racer' looks to go out (like Subaru) for a more conservative look.  But still those EVOs were no joke!  Granted it is a ECU/Mechanical monster it still is faster stock than a lot of other cars.  Mitsubishi just couldn't get out of the slump they put themselves into. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
Well they went from boy racer and honestly skipped the conservative look straight to gradma/grandpa.

I cant stomache the sight of them...

They just look so wrong.

It's like.. .it's got no body...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 08:35:18 PM »
Well they went from boy racer and honestly skipped the conservative look straight to gradma/grandpa.

I cant stomache the sight of them...

They just look so wrong.

It's like.. .it's got no body...

Don't worry the Evo is dead anyways. No more pain....no more pain....

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »

Function & form, yes it is possible.  A lot of people say function over form, because they don't have the desire for that style of look or sometimes their pockets aren't as deep.  If you look at all the time attack cars, GT300 & GT500 cars? All styling and performance.  O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 08:50:01 PM »
Although my pockets aren't as deep I still choose function over form.  That doesn't mean I don't follow form but I prefer function.  Perfect example is this:

Then you sit inside of it and it's pretty bare.

Or something that I could afford.

Nothing wrong with excess but in the end for me if it can perform then that's where I'll tip my hat towards.

Blongforever

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:28:56 PM »
They just don't look good.

Obviously all the higher end car's, they look nice, like ferrari... etc etc etc.. but we're talking from an avg joe car that avg can afford..

The older evo's look nicer.. but even then... those car's were truely econo box's in that they ... they just look like a box.

If you look at the sides... the fender's doesn't flare out.  It's like... a  female with no curves...

I saw this becuase there's a few evo's parked around here and everytime I walk past them I just can't help to notice how bland they look.

I mean, it's an evo!  It should look better in my opinion.

Then I look at my s2k... and yes, from the side profile, it don't look to nice... but you start walking around it and.. you see all the curves, you see those flared front fender's, it looks awesome.  You approach it from the hood and it looks like a snake.  It's got nice curves...  it's pleasing to look at.

The M3's, I think they look aggressive, they don't look dull.

The BRZ/FRS, they really look good in my opinion.

The new STI's, they look nice, very aggressive, although they look huge.

Even the old sti's look nice.

I don't know what it is about the lancer, they should've designed the looks better.

I'm talking stock trim.

put that shitty body/style in the dumbster and ask me to pick it up for free.... LOL!

Sleipnir

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »
I like the new evo, and I'm looking at getting one soon.  But I've always liked sleepers.

I like the EVO in that i can have booster seats and car seats in the back and also rip off an 11.99 second pass at the drag strip, and drive it to work everyday, and it handles like its on rails in the mn winter weather. 

Advertisements