Advertisement

Author Topic: Tabata vs. HIIT  (Read 2898 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Tabata vs. HIIT
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »
What are your opinions on tabata and/or high-intensity interval training?  Lately, I've been doing tabata workouts and I've really enjoyed them.

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Tabata vs. HIIT
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »
I try to do numbered sets too with tabata.  Hehehe.  It can be a hard and tiring workout at times, but very refreshing.  ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:00 AM »
I tried tabata once, it was okay but if I was going to do drugs I'll only do drugs that I trust from that one guy.  It's hard to find good stuff but that one guy always comes thru.  You should know. ;)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:03 PM »
What are your opinions on tabata and/or high-intensity interval training?  Lately, I've been doing tabata workouts and I've really enjoyed them.

I tried tabata and found that I sweat just as much as high-intensity interval training. I do tabata 3 times a week and weight training two times. My cheat day is on Saturday (but I keep my calories below 1500) and my rest day is on Sunday.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
Misskhou, either one is a win win...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »
I am thinking of beginning a HITT workout and have never heard of Tabata before. I will research into it. Sounds like fun.

It's just doing each exercise for 20 sec and rest for 10 sec... Do at least 5-8 exercises in each round.

When I first started Tabata I only did 4 exercises (Push Up, Sumo Squat, Plank & Blurpee) for 5 rounds for a total of 10 minutes.
Now, I do 3 rounds of 8 exercises and none of the exercise are the same but I rest up to a minute after each round.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 08:22:58 PM »
My friends and I call it circuit training.  Move from one station to the next.  I lost 30lbs in 3 months.  The fun part was kicking the thai bag to strengthen our shins. 

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements