Advertisement

Author Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy  (Read 600 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
Mobius Final Fantasy
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
I like this game so far.

It gives me the nostalgia feeling of playing the older turn based Final Fantasy games.

It has a class system. progression system.  The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the draw system to use skills.
That rng is bullshit considering I can go forever and not get the one I need.

But overall. Not bad.  Lets see how bad it gets later.  hope the microtransacti on doesn't ruin it.

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
Re: Mobius Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:51 AM »
Idk.

I've seen clips and footage but I can't tell if it's turned based with the ATB or something closer to FF12's battle system. I've been craving some good 'ol fashion jrpg. I'd settle for a decent western rpg. Disappointed with the recent titles.

I just booted up Xenogears for the feels.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
I don't know if you can call it traditional turn based..  But this is how the battle is.

Your turn:  You can perform up to 3 actions from your available list of actions
Regular Attack - use regular attack to draw elemental charges to use special attacks

Special Attack - depending on your class you either can use magic or use elemental attacks..  OR heal.
consume a set number of charges to use special attacks.
- forgot to mention there's some support skills too, but I have none of those so I don't know them outside of the tutorial.

elemental shield - create a barrier from using an elemental charge. lowers the chance of drawing that element.

Limit break - use once your bar fills up

After your 3 attacks are used.  It's the enemies turn.  And then your turn again.

How the game is set up: 
You pick your class. you start off with onion knight (warrior), mage, and scout or whatever it's called (basically a thief).
They specialize in certain type of attack cards noted by either a sword, wand, or 2 daggers.

Once you select that class.  You get to choose up to 4 cards that boosts your stats.
These 4 cards also determine your special attacks.  So you are at a disadvantage if you did what I did and used all fire element cards at the start. 
- You also get to use an ally card.

After each battle. You get a select number of elemental tokens (I don't know the name) that can be used to unlock more stat boosts or advance classes for that class.  The numbers are dependant on your  cards.  Cards wills say how much they give you and as you level them, the number increases.  So having all fire will give you alot of fire tokens.

And that's for the most part. the game play besides the boss mechanics.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:53:53 PM by anonymouse »

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:57:46 PM »
It gets more strategic later from what I read as I have mostly single target elemental attacks and a few multi target spells.

You also get cone attacks.

The microtransacti on are to unlock premium attacks and premium classes.

Advertisements