Advertisement

Author Topic: Chicken Stir Fry  (Read 2440 times)

zena

Chicken Stir Fry
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »
I used to not like red bell peppers in my stir fry but for some reason I'm really liking it these days.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Jiggles

Re: Chicken Stir Fry
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
I'm not really into bell peppers either, but I just add it in for color.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 06:47:19 PM »
I'm not really into bell peppers either, but I just add it in for color.

Wow!  Me too, I guess we got something in common.

Sometimes I throw carrots in there too.

And pineapple... don't try that with it, it's not good.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:43:08 PM »
Not a big fan of lean chicken or turkey breast meat due to it's dryness but looks good with all those colors... O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 05:33:49 AM »
Looks good. If the bell and broccoli are crunchy this dish will be perfect.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

zena

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 11:45:08 AM »

Wow!  Me too, I guess we got something in common.

Sometimes I throw carrots in there too.

And pineapple... don't try that with it, it's not good.

I can't eat cooked carrots of any kind, nor pineapple, so it never occurred to me to even use them.

Not a big fan of lean chicken or turkey breast meat due to it's dryness but looks good with all those colors... O0

You probably just don't know how to cook it correctly.  I still do make mistakes and overcook it here and there but for the most part, I've got the hang of it.  Like i mentioned in my other post, the lemon and rosemary crockpot chicken just melts in your mouth.  It's so juicy and full of flavor.  I also make a delicious baked chicken with Italian bread crumbs that the family loves.

Looks good. If the bell and broccoli are crunchy this dish will be perfect.

Definitely.  I have to have them crunchy.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »

You probably just don't know how to cook it correctly.  I still do make mistakes and overcook it here and there but for the most part, I've got the hang of it.  Like i mentioned in my other post, the lemon and rosemary crockpot chicken just melts in your mouth.  It's so juicy and full of flavor.  I also make a delicious baked chicken with Italian bread crumbs that the family loves.

That could be the case too but I have tried several professionally cooked at restaurants as well as home cooked by various people and never liked the dryness of chicken and Turkey breastfeeding meat..

Even though it cost less,  I'll take the dark meat anytime.

Kind of like beef, my wife prefers the more expensive and leaner filet mignon but I prefer the prime rib cut..

zena

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »
That could be the case too but I have tried several professionally cooked at restaurants as well as home cooked by various people and never liked the dryness of chicken and Turkey breastfeeding meat..

Even though it cost less,  I'll take the dark meat anytime.

Kind of like beef, my wife prefers the more expensive and leaner filet mignon but I prefer the prime rib cut..

Maybe you're just not a chicken breast person.  You can always make stir-fry with beef or tofu or even fish.  I've made it with beef and fish and even just a veggie stir-fry.  They all taste good. 

We don't eat beef too much in our home 'cause it's not healthy.  Chicken is a staple...that and fish.  We try to eat healthy.  I'm surprised you've never had like Chick-fil-a's spicy chicken sandwich or grilled sandwich or an chicken sandwich anywhere.  I've not had one taste dry.  But, like I mentioned, cooking chicken breast really does take skill.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 02:41:06 AM »
Maybe you're just not a chicken breast person.  You can always make stir-fry with beef or tofu or even fish.  I've made it with beef and fish and even just a veggie stir-fry.  They all taste good. 

We don't eat beef too much in our home 'cause it's not healthy.  Chicken is a staple...that and fish.  We try to eat healthy.  I'm surprised you've never had like Chick-fil-a's spicy chicken sandwich or grilled sandwich or an chicken sandwich anywhere.  I've not had one taste dry.  But, like I mentioned, cooking chicken breast really does take skill.

I'm not a chicken breast person thus far after trying it several times cooked in various ways. Oh I had "Chick-fil-a's" as well as McD, BK, etc., sandwiches too but still too dry for me. When I go to chicken places like KFC, I'm sure glad they charge less for dark meat like legs and thighs as it taste better than white meat so it's a win-win for me... O0

Advertisements