Advertisement

Author Topic: I did not know that you cannot throw the ball in the air and catch it.  (Read 28965 times)

bulbasaur

Re: I did not know that you cannot throw the ball in the air and catch it.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »
Why is this so hard for you to understand? For as much as you talk about how awesome you are at basketball, you don't know the basics. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 07:21:15 PM »
Not my fault if you get turned around.

It falls in the same category as no look pass, fake pass, pump fakes, crossover, in and out, behind the back dribble, etc etc..  all of those are used to "trick" the opponent...

we have not walked, we have not travelled, we have not double dribble, not fouled all we did was make the opponent embarassed...

I'm assuming it's illegal becuase it's "cheating"....  but how can you be cheating if you don't even gain an advantage?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 07:29:48 PM »
I'm still doing it!

Why?

Well it's simple!

We'll all probably never play any "real" basketball ever.

Maybe a few "organized" here and there for tournaments.. and even then! It's not "real"  basketball...

Why do I say it's not real?  Becuase it's like.. people are going to foul, nobody's going to call a foul... nobody care's to call a foul, at least I don't, I mean... what's the point?  Pick up game and someone's going to call a foul?  What are they expecting?  Free throws?  C'mon man, really? A chance to reset and take the ball out of bounds?  <--just means you're weak and horrible in the paint/driving to the basket.    Always crack me up in pick up games... someone gets "fouled" going in for the lay up and they yell foul and stop play and stumble around holding the ball...I mean... what is that?

That's that weak play...Maybe I just grew up in a different era, I never called fouled and I always still try to make the shot.

So to relate that to my point is...

the reason why I'm still going to do it is..

it's becuase what's the point in trying to play a game "officially" when there's no officials and when the game is not even official. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd still like the game to be good, but not all like official bball game. 

I do know how to play basketball!

I probably just dont know how to play Hmong basketball that's being played like they are trying to be a legit official game even when it's just a pickup game.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
Like... really... who calls a kick ball in a pick up game?

You going to call that?

No, that's either an out on the person who kicked it or if the ball is still in play, it's free grabs to whoever get's it.

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »
OMG.  You really don't get it. 

1.  It is illegal on many courts.  The ball can't leave your hands and you getting it back unless: it touches someone, it touches the backboard/rim, or your dribble it.  Get over it. 

2.  It does not fall in the same category as those other moves.  That is like me saying, "My double dribble falls in the category."

If you want to play your own version of basketball, then go ahead.  But, don't have some crazy notion that you are following the rules. 

Not my fault if you get turned around.

It falls in the same category as no look pass, fake pass, pump fakes, crossover, in and out, behind the back dribble, etc etc..  all of those are used to "trick" the opponent...

we have not walked, we have not travelled, we have not double dribble, not fouled all we did was make the opponent embarassed...

I'm assuming it's illegal becuase it's "cheating"....  but how can you be cheating if you don't even gain an advantage?

bulbasaur

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
Lots of people call kick ball. 

Like... really... who calls a kick ball in a pick up game?

You going to call that?

No, that's either an out on the person who kicked it or if the ball is still in play, it's free grabs to whoever get's it.

bulbasaur

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
You can keep doing it, but it still won't make it legal. 

The sad part is that you sound like a scrub.  Good players often let scrubs get away with illegal moves because they sukk.  For example, I don't call double dribble on scrubs because they sukk.   When scrubs step out of bounds, I don't care because they sukk. ETC.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:40:17 PM »
That's a pass

This is not

bulbasaur

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA.  That picture actually proves you wrong.

That's a pass

This is not

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
You can keep doing it, but it still won't make it legal. 

The sad part is that you sound like a scrub.  Good players often let scrubs get away with illegal moves because they sukk.  For example, I don't call double dribble on scrubs because they sukk.   When scrubs step out of bounds, I don't care because they sukk. ETC.

Well sounds like I'm just as good but ummm... I got tricks!

If I don't call fouls what makes you think I'll call a double, a step outta bound, etc etc.. especially if it's someone who's not good.

I don't even call it on "good" players.. I rather just play on.

If I don't call fouls on myself, what makes you think I'll care about petty stuff?

People who are always stopping play for petty stuff and "fouls"....goes back to what I was saying, their game is weak.

Even if the game is close and tight, and even agianst "good" players I'm not going to call petty stuff.

I don't know who you play basketball with, but I don't normally end up playing with hmong folks.

Who are you playing agianst?

I rarely get a chance to play agianst hmongs anymore.  I wouldn't know how I stack up agianst hmong folks.

I wouldn't say I'm a scrub, but I do play like one becuase I don't want to get hurt. 

Do you draw doubles?  Who are you playing agianst?

You're probably those folks that's "man, we lost becuase they weren't a hmong team"...  or "man we lost becuase they had that big black guy"  or  "dang, if they didn't have that tall white guy"...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA.  That picture actually proves you wrong.

Sure you can say you "pass" the ball from one hand to another but my point was, there's no advantage...

Where's the advantage?   

What advantage did I gain?  Nothing.

bulbasaur

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 08:01:25 PM »
It is not about me vs. you.  But, there is a difference between me and you: I don't self pass and try to argue that it is legal.  I don't need to break the rules when I play.   

Well sounds like I'm just as good but ummm... I got tricks!

If I don't call fouls what makes you think I'll call a double, a step outta bound, etc etc.. especially if it's someone who's not good.

I don't even call it on "good" players.. I rather just play on.

If I don't call fouls on myself, what makes you think I'll care about petty stuff?

People who are always stopping play for petty stuff and "fouls"....goes back to what I was saying, their game is weak.

Even if the game is close and tight, and even agianst "good" players I'm not going to call petty stuff.

I don't know who you play basketball with, but I don't normally end up playing with hmong folks.

Who are you playing agianst?

I rarely get a chance to play agianst hmongs anymore.  I wouldn't know how I stack up agianst hmong folks.

I wouldn't say I'm a scrub, but I do play like one becuase I don't want to get hurt. 

Do you draw doubles?  Who are you playing agianst?

You're probably those folks that's "man, we lost becuase they weren't a hmong team"...  or "man we lost becuase they had that big black guy"  or  "dang, if they didn't have that tall white guy"...

bulbasaur

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »
So you finally admit that it is a pass.   How long will it take you to see the advantage?  :2funny:

Sure you can say you "pass" the ball from one hand to another but my point was, there's no advantage...

Where's the advantage?   

What advantage did I gain?  Nothing.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
I know what you're thnking!

You're thinking like how them folks in the auto forum thinks.

Let me jsut say all my basketball stories are real.

Just like my racing stories.

anyways.. it's not a "pass", it's a juggle, but folks like you will want to get all word nazi and say it's a pass.

Hence why i put it in parantheses.

bulbasaur

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »
Do you realize that your basketball stories actually make you look bad? 

I know what you're thnking!

You're thinking like how them folks in the auto forum thinks.

Let me jsut say all my basketball stories are real.

Just like my racing stories.

anyways.. it's not a "pass", it's a juggle, but folks like you will want to get all word nazi and say it's a pass.

Hence why i put it in parantheses.

Advertisements