Advertisement

Author Topic: I did not know that you cannot throw the ball in the air and catch it.  (Read 28939 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: I did not know that you cannot throw the ball in the air and catch it.
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2016, 03:13:55 AM »
And actually, this discussion isn't really even about basketball as it really is the type of person we are.

YOu take fishes home.

I catch and release.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2016, 03:18:58 AM »
You just mad that your assumptions are wrong, just like your fake shot move is illegal on many courts.   :2funny:

If you read carefully, then you would have known that I would not have called that move.  If you read carefully, you would have known that I don't call anything when I play.  It's easier to play by the home team's rules than try to argue a call.  Even now, you don't read carefully.  Notice how I describe your move from my first post and almost every post afterwards.  "It's illegal on many courts."  I've seen that move before.  You ain't the first.   Some courts let it go, but many courts don't.  If you had more experience outside your own circle, you would know this. 

Any more questions?   :2funny:

All I know is I'm a scrub so I probably don't know much.

Trust me, I'm not dying to know more about you.

I just wanted to point out to you you're the type to take all the fish home!

I'm the type that catch and release.

Let's be honest, you'd call that travel on me.

The only reason you say you wouldn't is becuase you're trying to show you usually take the high road.

From all my basketball stories it's appearant I take the high road all the time as I'm always ok with losing and never trying to hurt anyone and hence you always see my stories where I lose alot.

But you're not a take the high road guy becuase you pretty much always say the reason I lost is becuase I sukk. 

If we look back at your statements, its actually really easy to see you're not the take high road kinda person.

That's why I know, you'd call that travel!

You may have said "no", but you really didn't want to say yes becuase you really wanted to say yes.

bulbasaur

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2016, 03:19:54 AM »
See how absurd your assumptions are.  I don't fish, but here you are.  You are so sure that I do.   :idiot2:

And actually, this discussion isn't really even about basketball as it really is the type of person we are.

YOu take fishes home.

I catch and release.

bulbasaur

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2016, 03:22:57 AM »
Because thePoster is dying to know more about me...

So why do I play by the home team's rules?  Because I feel I am good enough to compete under any rules.  There are some rules that benefit me, and some rules put me at a disadvantage.  I don't always win, but I feel I compete.  However, these days, basketball is just exercise for me.  I am not as good as what I used to be. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2016, 03:30:48 AM »
And let's examine why thePoster looks bad in his own stories. 

You claim that you are "taking the high road" so "no one gets hurt."  But, in your own account of events, you gave up.  It's one thing to be on "cruise control."  It's one thing to "take it easy."  It's something completely different to simply give up.  Again, this is your own account of the events. 

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »
That's illegal in basketball?

what kinda bull es is that?

If your feet, either one or both stays planted and you toss the ball in the air and not move your foot and catch it, I don't see how that can be illegal.

That is ridiculous.

That is my fake shot move.  Cheezes...

1. It's illegal cause you're wasting time by doing that, when you let go of the ball, it should be 1) pass to someone else or 2) aim for the basket. Throwing it back to yourself means you're open to interruption from the other players and will show that you had no faith in your own teammate cause really if you do you throw it to them instead of you.

2. It's the rule of the game and is in place so to provide fairness to both teams in the game. Unless you're just playing for fun, you could make your own rules.

Just so you know I'm just here to answer your questions, not joining your discussion with bulbasaur. 8)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2016, 04:15:10 AM »
Don't talk to that bubbasauce dude.  He will go nazi Hitler on you with his so called nazi rule. 

In street ball, you do what u like if the other team has no problem with it.  It is still street ball n not no organized ball where the ref will blow the whistle.  No nazi allowed on my street basketball court. 

Your questioning is similar if in street football, i showboat or take out a pen to sign autograph after a touch down. 

In street ball, you do what you want n have fun with it if the other team allows it.  Calling stupid nazi penalties in street ball n i will stop playing.  Not only that, im taking the ball home with me. Ha  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2016, 04:28:46 AM »
I have a move for u if you want them nazi on your case.  So if you know what a dribble is right? Now do that but do a 360 spin in between.  Like hand on ball, ball hits ground, do 360 spin, ball bounces up for you to dribble again. 

Or dribble like regular but instead of jogging down the court, do some hopping like a rabbit n see if nazi is in the house. 

Or have a team mate do a screen with him facing the other way but you throw to his back, get your own pass n continues to dribble the other way. 

;)

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

bulbasaur

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA.  The sad part is that you know I am right.   :2funny:

Don't talk to that bubbasauce dude.  He will go nazi Hitler on you with his so called nazi rule. 

In street ball, you do what u like if the other team has no problem with it.  It is still street ball n not no organized ball where the ref will blow the whistle.  No nazi allowed on my street basketball court. 

Your questioning is similar if in street football, i showboat or take out a pen to sign autograph after a touch down. 

In street ball, you do what you want n have fun with it if the other team allows it.  Calling stupid nazi penalties in street ball n i will stop playing.  Not only that, im taking the ball home with me. Ha  :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
It is illegal on many courts simply because it is, not because it is wasting time or fair.  Anything can be considered wasting time or fair from a certain POV. 

1. It's illegal cause you're wasting time by doing that, when you let go of the ball, it should be 1) pass to someone else or 2) aim for the basket. Throwing it back to yourself means you're open to interruption from the other players and will show that you had no faith in your own teammate cause really if you do you throw it to them instead of you.

2. It's the rule of the game and is in place so to provide fairness to both teams in the game. Unless you're just playing for fun, you could make your own rules.

Just so you know I'm just here to answer your questions, not joining your discussion with bulbasaur. 8)

bulbasaur

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 09:36:45 AM »
Good ballers don't worry about what the rules are or what ball is being used or who is calling what.  Let the scrubs worry about that stuff.  In your case, go right ahead and worry about "nazis."   :2funny:

I have a move for u if you want them nazi on your case.  So if you know what a dribble is right? Now do that but do a 360 spin in between.  Like hand on ball, ball hits ground, do 360 spin, ball bounces up for you to dribble again. 

Or dribble like regular but instead of jogging down the court, do some hopping like a rabbit n see if nazi is in the house. 

Or have a team mate do a screen with him facing the other way but you throw to his back, get your own pass n continues to dribble the other way. 

;)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2016, 10:42:19 AM »
Good ballers don't worry about what the rules are or what ball is being used or who is calling what.  Let the scrubs worry about that stuff.  In your case, go right ahead and worry about "nazis."   :2funny:

So then are you a good baller or a "scrub" ...you said giid ballers don't worry about the rules...

But it looks like you do.

So which are you?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

bulbasaur

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »
Pages of this, and you are still mad for not knowing the rules.   :2funny:

Trying to attack me doesn't change anything. 

So then are you a good baller or a "scrub" ...you said giid ballers don't worry about the rules...

But it looks like you do.

So which are you?

bulbasaur

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »
Here is some advice: Don't hate the playa, hate the game. 

You are so concerned about me, that you fail to realize that it is the game.  You can insult me all you like.  You can make assumptions about me all you like.  You can make irrelevant fish analogies all you like.  At the end of the day, many courts consider your fake shot to be illegal. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2016, 02:31:10 PM »
Actually you're more concerned about me!!!

Even though you said you wouldn't, you just did make the call!

All I'm saying is I catch and release, you take the fish home!

Advertisements