Advertisement

Author Topic: Divorce is so scary  (Read 4617 times)

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Divorce is so scary
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:05 PM »
I don't know how to pull through. What do you do to ease all the pain and the memories? Reality hits so hard but not a thing I can do to change it if he doesn't want to change. How do you continue to live on with your life? Please advise. Thanks.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce is so scary
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »
I don't know how to pull through. What do you do to ease all the pain and the memories? Reality hits so hard but not a thing I can do to change it if he doesn't want to change. How do you continue to live on with your life? Please advise. Thanks.

Depends on the individual but some throw a "Divorce Party" to officially close that chapter of their lives:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »

Everything takes time... If you're the one that divorce the other, it's easy. But I'm sure if you're the one that got served, it'll take time. Just like losing a love one to death... it'll take time to heal.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Blongforever

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »

Not sure if anyone has a real answer that fits your situation.  Some may go through divorce like a walk at the park while many others have to deal with the emotional pain and fighting over marital assets and custody of children. 

My advice to youngsters is:  make sure you two know you are in it for life or don't even think about it.  Just because the sex is good at first does not meant it is a forever sure thing.

Crapcom

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
I'm in the same boat too.....maybe someone can advise me....my wife left me....we have no kids and i'm in mid 20th with a decent job..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I feel so empty and the house, the bed, everything in the house is just so cold.....

All the memories...... driving me nuts these past days....

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:30:57 PM »
I'm in the same boat too.....maybe someone can advise me....my wife left me....we have no kids and i'm in mid 20th with a decent job..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I feel so empty and the house, the bed, everything in the house is just so cold.....

All the memories...... driving me nuts these past days....

Bro... you are only in your 20s with no kids. You are the luckiest... majority of divorce people are either over 30s or have kids to deal with. The best way to move on is to find some other fish in the sea... don't mope around and be miserable. No matter how much you missed your wife or love her, she already made her decision. Live your life so that when she sees you again, she'll regret ever leaving you. The best revenge is to make your life way better than hers...

Like this post: +2
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:31:03 AM »
Good luck on your new journey to better days. Don't dwell too much on the past. Your main focus should be to press forward and find someone new. I am sure since the road lead you both to divorce, there were more bad memories than good ones. He/she is no longer apart of your life and you need to face that fact. Yes, there is going to be a rough patch at the beginning but time heals all pain, worries, and give you the space to reinvent or find yourself once more. Don't be discouraged because your marriage didn't work out, you must prevail and let that person know, he/she didn't break you. Show that person that your fundamental structure is indeed strong and still standing.

There is still life after divorce, don't forget!

Futbol

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »
I know it's hard to overcome the beginning parts of being alone. I was lucky enough to have my kids with me. I think about her a lot, but I remind myself that she left. She threw everything away just to chase drugs. I'm happy to have my kids. One day, when she wakes up, she'll feel bad for what she did to the family she helped create. You just have to remember your Pros and Cons of the person you have let go of. You are stronger than you think. The memories were good, but you have to move on with life. They left, so pick yourself up and find some friends to help you cope with the loneliness. Don't go crazy over this. Just live for yourself and your family. No one is worth killing yourself for. If you need to talk, you can message me.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 06:47:19 AM »
Pamper yourself. Get a massage. Go to the spa.

Learn to forgive. Learn to let go. It will hurt a lot because it will feel as if no one understands. So take a trip. Go on an adventure and live freely. Try to find happiness in the small things. Keep busy. Cry your heart and eyes out to strangers. Forgive him and forgive yourself. Time will heal.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »
The best way to "get over" someone is to get under another one...:)

MSV

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
Sorry to hear. I don't think anyone ever marries with the intention to divorce a few years down the line.

Everyone copes differently. I think the only thing that slowly heals is time. Allow yourself to express every bit of feeling you have. Like any bad feeling, if you keep it bottled up, it's just going to consume you. Find new things to do, adventures to take, friends to hang with...keep busy!

But like someone mentioned, forgive him. You will release yourself when your heart holds no vengeance or rage.

Magic Mike

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:51 PM »

cocaine and whiskey. O0

nooneever

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
You will get through it and become a stronger person through the entire ordeal.  Hopefully.  Once upon a time I was in your shoes too not knowing how I could go on.  But hey, remember that person you thought you could not live without?  Well, look at you living and shit.  I think the best is to just keep good friends and family close by; these times will truly test your bonds, your perseverance, and reflect whom you are as an individual.

Magic Mike

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
It takes time to recover. Live a new life and forget about the past.

Advertisements