Advertisement

Author Topic: HOW TO RENT A MOTORBIKE IN KOH SAMET THAILAND & PHOTOS OF AWESOME THAI BIKES  (Read 5885 times)

fres thao

Koh Samet is a small island on the eastern seaboard of Thailand.  Just 4.2 miles from north to south, it's famed for it’s white sand beaches and calm clear waters.  For the locals, it's long been a favourite getaway from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok.

Shaped like a stingray there are two main arteries: the northern route, which connects Hat Sai Kaeo to Ao Klang and Ao Noina, and the central route, which consists of four smaller roads connecting the lower beaches.

Roads are limited so aside from a few songthaews (pickups converted into multi person taxis) the main land transport are bikes - manual, moped, motorcycle, dirt bike, you name it.

###

To read more of our latest blog and to see lots of great pictures of Thai bikes, visit http://soulswithwings.com/blog/2016/8/1/bikes

Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to follow me and my partner's travelblog @ www.facebook.com/soulswithwings and www.soulswithwings.com

Enjoy, and Fly High!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Cool.. 8)

One good tip is it's not a good idea to give in to renters that want you to use your passport as deposit...

fres thao

Cool.. 8)

One good tip is it's not a good idea to give in to renters that want you to use your passport as deposit...

Most definitely!  Move on.  There's a TON of places that want your business.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Thanks! I think I will stick to the dumb idea of, "I don't know how to ride a bike..." line.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
I had some family members who'd just buy scooters and leave it for family members there when they return state side. Very cheap and costs almost nothing they said.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements