Advertisement

Author Topic: New Neighborhood Going Up  (Read 17201 times)

zena

Re: New Neighborhood Going Up
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
No desert here.  Just prairie land and farming and beautiful winters.  I couldn't live in the desert.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:14:18 PM by moonangel »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »
Do you know where most people are coming from to your neighborhood?  For us, it's mostly from Texas.  I see Texas license plates every day.  Your husband's hospital will definitely need the upgrade if more people are moving to it.  We are surrounded by ER's and smaller hospitals.  The big hospitals are too far away.

Yes, it's pricey here.  I'm honestly not sure what kind of jobs people hold in order to live in those homes.  We couldn't afford it if we were buying a home now.  There will probably be a housing bust in the near future after this boom.  It's bound to happen.  That's crazy about your property tax.  What university are they putting there?

We will continued to see high property tax which is due Novemeber and February.  Got the statement over the weekend and it will be a little over 4k.  We are home to the 9th UC campus.  I guaranteed cost of living is going up...more new home and duplex building are everywhere now.  Last week the empty home lot across the street from us is getting a new look from paving the lot to make it flat or even so construction can start. 

I will share photos tomorrow as I already took some of the new home, duplex, lot and the old hospital, etc. 

Our hosptial here doesnt have a trauma unit.  They will take them to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto about 40/45 min away. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
We will continued to see high property tax which is due Novemeber and February.  Got the statement over the weekend and it will be a little over 4k.  We are home to the 9th UC campus.  I guaranteed cost of living is going up...more new home and duplex building are everywhere now.  Last week the empty home lot across the street from us is getting a new look from paving the lot to make it flat or even so construction can start. 

I will share photos tomorrow as I already took some of the new home, duplex, lot and the old hospital, etc. 

Our hosptial here doesnt have a trauma unit.  They will take them to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto about 40/45 min away.

$2k over here is already bad, $4k for property, that's pretty high.

moonangel,
yeh, I kind of figure that it be 6 zeros to qualify for half mil loan. It  wouldn't be an American dream if you still need to take a loan for it. lol

zena

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »

Our property tax on the house is $3,500.00 per year and on the condo, it's $350.00 per year.

It's stressful when cost of living goes up but salary remains the same.

zena

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 01:29:30 PM »

moonangel,
yeh, I kind of figure that it be 6 zeros to qualify for half mil loan. It  wouldn't be an American dream if you still need to take a loan for it. lol

So you're saying that everyone should pay in cash for a house?  That means a lot of people (with children) would be without a home, especially people who mortgage a $250K home and bring in like $45K per year.  They definitely couldn't live their American dream if they couldn't take out a loan.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
So you're saying that everyone should pay in cash for a house?  That means a lot of people (with children) would be without a home, especially people who mortgage a $250K home and bring in like $45K per year.  They definitely couldn't live their American dream if they couldn't take out a loan.

I don't know because I'm not an American. My interpretation would be that you own your dream home but no IOU. Or am I just misinterpretin g the idea of the American dream wrong? Are Americans and their dreams to be in debt or does it make any sense to an American?

zena

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »
I don't know because I'm not an American. My interpretation would be that you own your dream home but no IOU. Or am I just misinterpretin g the idea of the American dream wrong? Are Americans and their dreams to be in debt or does it make any sense to an American?

I guess you'd have to live in America to fully understand what the American dream is.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »
Being here more than 20+ yrs and still don't understand the definition of the American dream. If that is what it is, it isn't what I consider a dream come true kind of thing. Just don't make any sense...

zena

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »
Being here more than 20+ yrs and still don't understand the definition of the American dream. If that is what it is, it isn't what I consider a dream come true kind of thing. Just don't make any sense...

Maybe you take too much for granted?

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »
Perhaps... I think the ideals of the American dream would be something like what President Roosevelt had defined as such. Unfortunately, the American Dream varies throughout each generation of history. If you're a millennial you defined differently vs someone who's a baby boomer.

zena

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 12:18:25 AM »
Maybe you think too much on it.  I think if suddenly freedom was taken away, you'd regret the things you didn't do when you had the chance. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
Maybe you think too much on it.  I think if suddenly freedom was taken away, you'd regret the things you didn't do when you had the chance.

No. Why would I regret it when I only see "freedom" as an illusion? Like I once said to someone before, we're just a bunch of caged birds. The master tells us to sing and we sing. :2funny:

zena

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »
No. Why would I regret it when I only see "freedom" as an illusion? Like I once said to someone before, we're just a bunch of caged birds. The master tells us to sing and we sing. :2funny:

I guess if you've lived in America all your life, you really don't know what lack of freedom is.  And, maybe your idea of freedom and the American dream are just not realistic.  Maybe go live somewhere else and see if they can offer you what you really want.  But, if you are still here in America then there's something that you like here and that's your American dream.

I am happy in America and for me, happiness is as simple as a clean toilet in my house (that I don't have to share with thousands of people), clean water that comes through the faucet, or a warm and comfy bed and bedroom I can sleep through the night in.  Everything else is just beyond my dreams.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:43 PM »
Reminds me when I was driving through... I think it was Arizona...

It was crazy.. .I was hungry... so I punched into my gps to see if there was any food stuff coming up quick..

all I saw was desert...

so the gps pulled up a jack in the box...

Yeap... it was on the side of the interstate...

Pulled in.. .and there order a number 2 combo probably.. anyways...ther e was an apt complex there...

and I was thinking... "dang! where do these people work?!!?  and this is like in the middle of nowhere... why would anyone want to come live here!?"

It was a neighborhood complex like what you mentioned there too...

But I guess people wanna live where they wanna live.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

zena

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »
Reminds me when I was driving through... I think it was Arizona...

It was crazy.. .I was hungry... so I punched into my gps to see if there was any food stuff coming up quick..

all I saw was desert...

so the gps pulled up a jack in the box...

Yeap... it was on the side of the interstate...

Pulled in.. .and there order a number 2 combo probably.. anyways...ther e was an apt complex there...

and I was thinking... "dang! where do these people work?!!?  and this is like in the middle of nowhere... why would anyone want to come live here!?"

It was a neighborhood complex like what you mentioned there too...

But I guess people wanna live where they wanna live.

I know what you mean about people living in the desert.  I don't know how they do it.  Fortunately (as I said before), I don't live in the desert.  It's prairie and farmland.  The city is full of crimes.  People who own the prairie and farmlands are willing to sell their land to the builders so voila.  Huge neighborhoods began to pop up everywhere.   It's a bit sad because the prairie land look beautiful.  Wild animals like deers, fox, coyotes, and these deer like animals with the coolest antlers (sorry don't know what they're called but they are smaller than a doe) roam the land.  Lately, I've seen so many of them run over with the influx of traffic.

Advertisements