Advertisement

Author Topic: New Neighborhood Going Up  (Read 17189 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: New Neighborhood Going Up
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
I guess if you've lived in America all your life, you really don't know what lack of freedom is.  And, maybe your idea of freedom and the American dream are just not realistic.  Maybe go live somewhere else and see if they can offer you what you really want.  But, if you are still here in America then there's something that you like here and that's your American dream.

I am happy in America and for me, happiness is as simple as a clean toilet in my house (that I don't have to share with thousands of people), clean water that comes through the faucet, or a warm and comfy bed and bedroom I can sleep through the night in.  Everything else is just beyond my dreams.

If I have enough money, I would like to go and live in other country and enjoy some of the limited freedoms Americans don't get to enjoy here.lol Some of you folks either have it too good or just too overly proud of the freedoms the government led the people to believe. The communist promise the people the same thing but they're all caged animals as well, only exception is that they're much poorer of course but have certain freedoms Amercians lack here. People there have the same dreams, just not the kind that one can afford IOUs.

No. I'm still here because America made it so an ordinary person never be free to move as he/she pleases. You only see people leave because they can afford to.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: New Neighborhood Going Up
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 08:41:15 AM »
If I have enough money, I would like to go and live in other country and enjoy some of the limited freedoms Americans don't get to enjoy here.lol Some of you folks either have it too good or just too overly proud of the freedoms the government led the people to believe. The communist promise the people the same thing but they're all caged animals as well, only exception is that they're much poorer of course but have certain freedoms Amercians lack here. People there have the same dreams, just not the kind that one can afford IOUs.

No. I'm still here because America made it so an ordinary person never be free to move as he/she pleases. You only see people leave because they can afford to.

So you think America has made you a prisoner here?  How sad you feel that way.  I hope one day you realize how free you really are.  No one can make you a prisoner except yourself.

btw, my younger sister is living in Mexico for awhile.  She doesn't have a lot of money but she wanted to fully immerse herself in the culture and language and what better way than to live it.  She comes back during tax season (she's an accountant in training) and during holidays to visit family but otherwise, she really likes it down there.  Everything is so cheap.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements