Advertisement

Author Topic: Dang, I did not realize the arguement was still going! NOw it's locked!  (Read 10958 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
But no no no no....

I don't worry about the rules, that's why I play like I do.

And like I stated before, it's a pickup game.  We're never playing in the NBA so I don't know why you worry about the rules.

IT's actually you who worry about the rules.  How so?  becuase you still care to enforce and play within the rules on a pick up game. 

You're the type to call a petty foul if you miss a shot in a game or an iffy double, or an iffy travel etc etc etc especially if the game is close.

Reminds me of pick up games I've played in the past.  An in-and-out dribble is legal.  PEople who don't know or never seen it before call it a carry.  Maybe it is?  I don't know.  In any case, it was another close game, I hit the defender with the in-and-out and he calls a carry on me.  Hey whatever, I'm not going to argue, I rather just give them the ball and keep playing which I did.  If someone hit me with the in-and-out, I'd just take it and chalk it up to him being better than me.

I believe you are the type that... or it appears you're the type to...you can't take a loss.  If you took a loss, unless it was "fair", as in officiated properly and everyone followed the rules, the loss is not going to sit well with you.

I'm the type if, if someone streetballed me and beat me, I don't care about the loss.  I loss becuase I was not better.

When I take the "L", it's cool with me becuase my mentality is, if I was better I would've beat them, appearantly I'm not better so it's fine.  Even if they are hitting me with street ball moves(unless it's those super crazy kind making you think "Ok guy, that's not basketball anymore") I just tell myself "It's fine, becuase if beat them, it just means I'm so much better".

But just admit it!  You said you wouldn't call it, but you know in reality, you would!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Dang, I did not realize the arguement was still going! NOw it's locked!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
HAHAHAHAH. 

Do you know what happens when you make assumptions?   :2funny:

And, you are the one who is making threads about how you dislike certain rules.  Do you know what hypocrisy is? 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
Locking is the best thing that can happen for dude otherwise i would continued to eat dude for breakfast. 

They trying to save him n yet, he still crying foul play.  Hilariously possible ha  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
Actually, thePoster is not crying foul.  He is crying about legality.   :2funny:

Locking is the best thing that can happen for dude otherwise i would continued to eat dude for breakfast. 

They trying to save him n yet, he still crying foul play.  Hilariously possible ha  :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »
Hey look, here is guy who says he plays pickup basketball, and he is against the "fake shot" or "self pass."  Clearly, his courts don't play by those rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpqfZhKm6w

But if you want to play by different rules, that is totally fine, too.  Unless it is your own personal court and your own personal league, just be aware of the different rules that different people play by.  Not everyone is going to accept your homegrown moves.  You can either argue, or simply learn how to play. 

FetishDream

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
Hey look, here is guy who says he plays pickup basketball, and he is against the "fake shot" or "self pass."  Clearly, his courts don't play by those rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpqfZhKm6w

But if you want to play by different rules, that is totally fine, too.  Unless it is your own personal court and your own personal league, just be aware of the different rules that different people play by.  Not everyone is going to accept your homegrown moves.  You can either argue, or simply learn how to play.

I fake shots by habits.  I fake my pass or fake my shot, do a triple pump and I throw it up in the air and it goes in.  The crowd goes wild. 

I fake my pass by hitting the other players, hitting my team mates in the back, hitting the backboard for a self pass, hitting the rim for a self pass. 

I don't know what the hell you are talking about with these self pass and fake shot.  I'll do fake shot blocks too.  All legal here son.   :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
Another "move" that is/isn't allowed is catching your own air ball.  The NBA is one of the few leagues that actually doesn't let you do it.  A lot of other leagues allow it as long as the shot was "legitimate."  (Sorry thePoster).  Obviously, this can create an awkward situation when it happens and people disagree. 

A solution: Shoot for it.  Then, determine what the rule is.

Most people realize that different people and courts have different rules.  No need to complain about them.  If you don't like a certain kind of basketball, then simply don't play on that court. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 07:06:12 PM »
You wrote, "I don't know what the hell you are talking about..."  Yes, you don't know.   :2funny:

I fake shots by habits.  I fake my pass or fake my shot, do a triple pump and I throw it up in the air and it goes in.  The crowd goes wild. 

I fake my pass by hitting the other players, hitting my team mates in the back, hitting the backboard for a self pass, hitting the rim for a self pass. 

I don't know what the hell you are talking about with these self pass and fake shot.  I'll do fake shot blocks too.  All legal here son.   :2funny:

FetishDream

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
You wrote, "I don't know what the hell you are talking about..."  Yes, you don't know.   :2funny:

I don't know what you are talking about because what you said needs revision. 

Now you want to talk about air ball?  I let the ball hit the net and catches it for an ez lay up.  There you go.  :2funny:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 11:54:23 PM »
I just find it funnie becuase....

Any game we're ever playing is not a legally officiated NBA game... but people want to play like it.

I don't think some people in here understand the concept that "It's just a pick up game".   

Just like I dont understand why people try to "draw the foul" in a pick up game.  There's no point to it.

Just like there's no point to calling a "travel" on a fake shot.

The main point of any pick up game is to win.  You, or at least myself, go for the basket, not trying to draw a foul.  I'm saying this becuase this is the different mentality between you and I, I understand this as a pick up game and I'm just trying to put the ball in the basket.  You on the other hand see it as a real game, where "wait, we have to follow the rules".  It's not even a "real" game.   

Nobody's out there in a team uniform, there's not chairs on the sideline, there's no coach on the sideline, etc etc...

It's not even about the "rules", you keep talking about the "rules"... it's a pick up game!  Since when does rules really matters in a pick up game?!!?

You probably have a set of specific basketball shoes, they're probably high top jordan's or something. 

I play ball in the same shoes I go work out or a run in!.

I understand that you don't understand.... you keep talking about playing on different courts etc etc different rules on different courts... like people own those courts! 

Honestly, if I played on a court and you said "hey, you can't play like that on this court, the rules on this court is so and so"... I'm just going to look at you like... "are you serious?"

You taking this basketball thing way to serious!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 03:19:33 AM »
In street ball, the guy out of bound can in bound it to another guy who is on the line or out of bound himself.  You call this a violation?  You must be a Nazi queen and no one will want to play with you anymore. 

Like this post: +1

bulbasaur

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 04:48:31 AM »
Do you realize that you are the one who is complaining about the rules?  It's just a pickup game, and here you are complaining about how you got called for a violation. 

I just find it funnie becuase....

Any game we're ever playing is not a legally officiated NBA game... but people want to play like it.

I don't think some people in here understand the concept that "It's just a pick up game".   

Just like I dont understand why people try to "draw the foul" in a pick up game.  There's no point to it.

Just like there's no point to calling a "travel" on a fake shot.

The main point of any pick up game is to win.  You, or at least myself, go for the basket, not trying to draw a foul.  I'm saying this becuase this is the different mentality between you and I, I understand this as a pick up game and I'm just trying to put the ball in the basket.  You on the other hand see it as a real game, where "wait, we have to follow the rules".  It's not even a "real" game.   

Nobody's out there in a team uniform, there's not chairs on the sideline, there's no coach on the sideline, etc etc...

It's not even about the "rules", you keep talking about the "rules"... it's a pick up game!  Since when does rules really matters in a pick up game?!!?

You probably have a set of specific basketball shoes, they're probably high top jordan's or something. 

I play ball in the same shoes I go work out or a run in!.

I understand that you don't understand.... you keep talking about playing on different courts etc etc different rules on different courts... like people own those courts! 

Honestly, if I played on a court and you said "hey, you can't play like that on this court, the rules on this court is so and so"... I'm just going to look at you like... "are you serious?"

You taking this basketball thing way to serious!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »
When was the last time you got called for a 3 seconds violation or an illegal dee in street ball?  How about never? 

On my court, there are no out of bound lines.  No problem if your foot is on the line.  We play where the ball lands.  If on the grass, it is out of bound. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
On YOUR court that is fine, but on someone else's court, it may not be.  Is that too hard for you to understand?  You got your rules.  Other people have their rules.  Stop whining about the rules.   :2funny:

When was the last time you got called for a 3 seconds violation or an illegal dee in street ball?  How about never? 

On my court, there are no out of bound lines.  No problem if your foot is on the line.  We play where the ball lands.  If on the grass, it is out of bound.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 06:42:50 PM »
On YOUR court that is fine, but on someone else's court, it may not be.  Is that too hard for you to understand?  You got your rules.  Other people have their rules.  Stop whining about the rules.   :2funny:

The poster is talking about balling on his court where Petty rule is something you yet to understand.  Matter of fact, cities wide, petty violations are a no call.  Street balling at your local park is meant for exercise, not drawing out the nazi rule demon from yourself.  :2funny:

Advertisements