Advertisement

Author Topic: YouTube Pickup Games  (Read 6097 times)

bulbasaur

YouTube Pickup Games
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
Bball pickup games are generally pretty casual.  Minus some courts and a few plays, most people don't push that hard. 

Anyways, I came across this video.  It is just a normal game of 2v2.  Winning or losing a pickup usually doesn't matter.    But in this case, the smaller black kid is annoying.  He was getting all upset during the game, and he was bossing his teammate around.  The worst thing is that he himself was kinda awful.  He kept hahain about his teammate's play, but he was making most of the errors.  He probably doesn't know much about basketball, but he was the one who missed his assignments.  But, the problem is not him not knowing how to play; the problem is that he was just fukin lazy.  The white boys ran simple plays.  The black boys never figured out that they had the size advantage.  The saddest play was the last one.  He whines to his teammate, "Stay with him!"  Then on the next play, he was too lazy to guard his man, and they lose on an open shot.  WTF?  If you are going to take the game that serious, learn how to play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5udKDqzQyg

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:23:04 PM by bulbasaur »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: YouTube Pickup Games
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »
And he talks a lot of smack for a kid.  Hmmm, that sounds familiar....

what..aren't these just kids?  isn't that malcom (in the middle)?   :D ;D

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »
I don't believe in telling people to give up on their dreams. 

he should give up his basketball dreams and play pokemon!   ;D

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
Anybody can beat anybody on any given day.  That being said, whether he can beat me or not has no bearing on my belief of not discouraging people to follow their dreams.

so you're saying this kid can beat you in a pickup basketball game?  theposter would double dribble around this kid with one hand tied behind his back.   :D ;D

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »
These are kids...

And you're going to criticize them? critique them? and not only that, it's a pick up game. 

This is how I know you'd make that call!

I usually play with young adults to mature men.

Hey whatever floats your boat.

And to be honest... you come across like you'd be like that kid with his hat on backwards that is "annoying".  You'd probably be upset just like him etc etc etc etc...

It's a pick up game, backyard at that... and you're talking about play's?  And upset people don't come over to help?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:15:04 PM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
That's were we differ I guess..

I'm more of a street baller and you're more if a 12 guys on a team with a coach and jerseys with guys in strupes running around...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 04:39:19 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH A.  You still mad about that.  Between the two of us, who is more butthurt about the rules?  I am willing to play under any rules, but you are butthurt about not being able to do your fake shot. 

If you can't see the plays the white boys ran, then you don't know basketball like that black kid.  It wouldn't have mattered, but the black kid is beetching about losing....just like you are here. 

Scrubs come in all ages and genders.  Young adults to mature men. 

Anyone can be critiqued.  And the black kid is not being critiqued on his game but his attitude.  And let's not forget how you love to critique Hmong basketball players.  You even like to make up imaginary critiques too.  Have you ever heard of hypocrisy? 

It is funny how you accuse me of being the black kid because the black kid is more like you.  Who complains about losing?  Who complains about not being able to do his fake shot?  Who likes to brag about how awesome they are?  It's YOU!  HAHAHAHA.

That annoying black kid = thePoster.   :2funny:

You just butthurt. 

These are kids...

And you're going to criticize them? critique them? and not only that, it's a pick up game. 

This is how I know you'd make that call!

I usually play with young adults to mature men.

Hey whatever floats your boat.

And to be honest... you come across like you'd be like that kid with his hat on backwards that is "annoying".  You'd probably be upset just like him etc etc etc etc...

It's a pick up game, backyard at that... and you're talking about play's?  And upset people don't come over to help?

bulbasaur

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 04:43:22 PM »
I don't know why you think making stuff up about helps you in any way.  I can do it, too.

thePoster is more of a 12 guys on a team with a coach and jersey and guys in stripes running around, but I am a streetballer.  You just got PWNED!

Still butthurt?   :2funny:

That's were we differ I guess..

I'm more of a street baller and you're more if a 12 guys on a team with a coach and jerseys with guys in strupes running around...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.  You still mad about that.  Between the two of us, who is more butthurt about the rules?  I am willing to play under any rules, but you are butthurt about not being able to do your fake shot. 

If you can't see the plays the white boys ran, then you don't know basketball like that black kid.  It wouldn't have mattered, but the black kid is beetching about losing....just like you are here. 

Scrubs come in all ages and genders.  Young adults to mature men. 

Anyone can be critiqued.  And the black kid is not being critiqued on his game but his attitude.  And let's not forget how you love to critique Hmong basketball players.  You even like to make up imaginary critiques too.  Have you ever heard of hypocrisy? 

It is funny how you accuse me of being the black kid because the black kid is more like you.  Who complains about losing?  Who complains about not being able to do his fake shot?  Who likes to brag about how awesome they are?  It's YOU!  HAHAHAHA.

That annoying black kid = thePoster.   :2funny:

You just butthurt.

No, it's more like you.... look how you're critizing the kids... and lets emphasis... "kids"...
and its a pickup game in their driveway...  and you're talking about play's and stuff...

I guess if watching "kids" play basketball is how you learn and gain more knowledge on basketball...

Whatever I guess.

Trust me, I'm definately could care less about that call.

I'm simply saying, you are the type to make that call.

I don't think you can distinguish or differentiate the difference between a pickup game and a real game.

All games to you is a "real" game...  I'm sure you're stopping plays to call a foul... who call's foul in a pickup game?  And you probably want your free throws too. 

Hey, if that's how you play, that's how you play.

I'm pretty sure I've left the subject, but as you can see you still bring things up.

You only posted the video to compare it to me.

You actually made the post to just get at me...

That's quite sad buddie!

I can win games.. but like I said, what's the point?   What's the point in going 100 percent?  Unless I'm in some tournament or the nba then I can see a point.

What's the point in bringing everything to the table agianst the weekend warriors...and calling every single thing..

I don't think you can even start to understand...

... as far as basketball mentality goes..

To get to where I am, you still have alot of roads to travel.

bulbasaur

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »

No, it's more like you.... look how you're critizing the kids... and lets emphasis... "kids"...
and its a pickup game in their driveway...  and you're talking about play's and stuff...

I guess if watching "kids" play basketball is how you learn and gain more knowledge on basketball...

Whatever I guess.

Trust me, I'm definately could care less about that call.

I'm simply saying, you are the type to make that call.

I don't think you can distinguish or differentiate the difference between a pickup game and a real game.

All games to you is a "real" game...  I'm sure you're stopping plays to call a foul... who call's foul in a pickup game?  And you probably want your free throws too. 

Hey, if that's how you play, that's how you play.

I'm pretty sure I've left the subject, but as you can see you still bring things up.

You only posted the video to compare it to me.

You actually made the post to just get at me...

That's quite sad buddie!

I can win games.. but like I said, what's the point?   What's the point in going 100 percent?  Unless I'm in some tournament or the nba then I can see a point.

What's the point in bringing everything to the table agianst the weekend warriors...and calling every single thing..

I don't think you can even start to understand...

... as far as basketball mentality goes..

To get to where I am, you still have alot of roads to travel.

bulbasaur

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 12:39:56 AM »
So why did I say that him not knowing how to play isn't the problem?  Well, not everyone who plays sports (or anything for that matter) play to be the best.  Some people are just out there to have a good time and exercise, and there is nothing wrong with that.  But this kid was really whiny and bossy.  If you are going to be that whiny and bossy, then you have to be better than that. 

It is like losing.  There is no problem with losing.  Everyone loses.  But, there is a problem with being a sore loser.  #hopesolo #youknowwhoyouare

bulbasaur

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »

Advertisements