Advertisement

Author Topic: Cut Free Lunch Or Cut Food Stamps  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Cut Free Lunch Or Cut Food Stamps
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:00:39 PM »
The biggest misconception about FREE LUNCH is that liberals think low-income families can't pack their own lunch. This is FALSE.

Many low-income kids are not starving. Hardly at all. Unless, of course, they have crack-addict parents or parents who commit fraud by trading EBT points for cash and the money is not being spent properly. EBT covers the monthly food expenses of a household, which includes giving a child a lunch. I have never witnessed blacks or Hispanics with an empty cart on the first of every month.

If a parent still can't or should I say "won't" feed her child lunch, then I suggest that for every school-aged child in a household receiving food stamp, the state should deduct funds and apply towards school lunch. This way at least the kid really gets to eat. It also ensures that the child is attending school. If a child has too many absent marks then there should be further deductions.

Of course, there should be a cap on # of children. Each household is limited to 2 children. Those who choose to have children beyond that are on their own.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cut Free Lunch Or Cut Food Stamps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 03:55:05 AM »
Parents who receive EBT and still cannot budget a bagged lunch for their child are too irresponsible and should have monies deducted. Here is a link that shows how much a household receives based on # of people. Even we don't spend that much on a monthly basis.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/how-much-could-i-receive

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:14 PM »
I like the idea of deducting from foodstamps to pay for lunch.  Probably not even your idea but its a good idea.  Too bad you had to go and ruin the idea with some crazy right winged concept like limitjng it to two children because then you are saying let the other kids starve and you Repubs are the ones saying no abortion.

Like this post: +1

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:14:39 AM »
Another misconception is that low-income kids are starving because the parents are drug addicts or committing fraud. These are not the only reasons why. There can be numerous other reasons why. One example Believe_N_Me already showed us, like her, some parents just refuse to feed all the kids.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »
I like the idea of deducting from foodstamps to pay for lunch.  Probably not even your idea but its a good idea.  Too bad you had to go and ruin the idea with some crazy right winged concept like limitjng it to two children because then you are saying let the other kids starve and you Repubs are the ones saying no abortion.

Because it's not the taxpayers' job to feed your kids should you choose to have more. When you knock up AOZ, is it your employer's obligation to give you a raise?

If these recipients continue to struggle with feeding their family, I say take away food stamps altogether. Open soup kitchens and have them line up to get fed properly.

Any persons who act that dependent should be treated as a complete ward of the state. 

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
that would work except the people working in the soup kitchen wants a cut of that tax dollar for their labor.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
The biggest misconception about FREE LUNCH is that liberals think low-income families can't pack their own lunch. This is FALSE.

Many low-income kids are not starving. Hardly at all. Unless, of course, they have crack-addict parents or parents who commit fraud by trading EBT points for cash and the money is not being spent properly. EBT covers the monthly food expenses of a household, which includes giving a child a lunch. I have never witnessed blacks or Hispanics with an empty cart on the first of every month.

If a parent still can't or should I say "won't" feed her child lunch, then I suggest that for every school-aged child in a household receiving food stamp, the state should deduct funds and apply towards school lunch. This way at least the kid really gets to eat. It also ensures that the child is attending school. If a child has too many absent marks then there should be further deductions.

Of course, there should be a cap on # of children. Each household is limited to 2 children. Those who choose to have children beyond that are on their own.

Why don't you try going for Food stamp for a few months and let us know how well you are. Politicians and the likes you had never been in the shoes of a welfare recipient or have kids that have low/reduced meals at school. They're not qualify to make decisions on what goes and what can stay.

Blongforever

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 01:57:37 AM »

I agree that if you breed, you must feed.  Don't depend on my tax dollars in supporting your offsprings, the direct results of a few minutes of your selfish pleasure for 18+years. 

six

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
Don't be stupid. School lunches are about the future labor force, which is much more important than your petty differences (pennies in the grand scheme of things). 

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »
If you can afford weaves and designer clothing, you can afford your child(ren) school lunch. When was the last time you saw a "poor" inner-city person wear $20 Wrangler jeans and $10 blank no-logo shirts as I do? In fact, it is the "poor" city people who flaunt their "I got style!" $50 jeans and $50 shirts lifestyle and it's actually suburban and rural "richer" people who shop at Target and Walmart for clothes. So don't even patronize us about the need to feed these kids.

Don't be stupid. School lunches are about the future labor force, which is much more important than your petty differences (pennies in the grand scheme of things). 

School lunches also feed the next generation of robbers, drug dealers, rapists, and thieves.

can

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »

School lunches also feed the next generation of robbers, drug dealers, rapists, and thieves.

:idiot2: :2funny:

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »

Dubs and Mevs you would see them filled 1-2 shopping cart full of foods especially frozen entrees or poultry.  Nothing you look in their cart will take time preparations. 

The amount in FS a family get is too much.  Cash aid amount is low and barely enough unless that household has 3-5 source of incomes combine such as 1-2 is parent on ssdi, kids on cash aid, fs, section 8, in home care, etc. 

At the same time you can't blamed the nutrition program at school.  FS mainly come from farmers or Dept of Agriculture.  School breakfast is free to every child.  Lunch either it is free or reduced.  If you get reduced lunch you don't pay because the federal or funds they got it covered.  We are asked each year to filled out the lunch app either turn in or online even if we know our child don't qualify for lunch.  It help them get funds just like how many agency out there depend on the more clients/applicants using the facility the more fund it can go build a bigger one.  Tso npe es qhia tau hais tais muaj neej xws yeej pab tau lawv tau funds rau lub program. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 08:13:37 PM »

When you look at homeless shelter, church, red cross, etc.  All of these places provide foods to people on certain day they are scheduled.  You still hear them complains that the foods is not good.  My husband has clients where they complains and asked that there should be at least one day they get steak.  I told my husband why didn't you tell him that working hard people don't even get to eat steak and you expect to get steak at the facility/agency.  M-Thurs the place give snacks, coffee,etc. but Friday is when they served hot/warm foods.  When my husband help assist them for a while it will be either the co-workers together pitching up $$ to get hot foods or sometime it will just be your turn.   When it is his turn to buy hot foods I would be the one to go go grab 2-3 set of chicken drumsticks, 2-3 box of donuts and sometimes bread/rolls. 

School lunch when it is summer and student are out of school.  A few school with summer school still provided breakfast and lunch free for any child that want to eat to come by.  I took my kids 2/3x during the summer when it first start and got to see with my own eyes what they really eat for breakfast and lunch at school and it just nasty.  There was some young adult like gangster trying to get foods to eat but was told it is only the student.  The high school let parent eat with their child but you have to pay $3.  The elementary you can only watched.  School do waste foods.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 05:39:27 PM »
I don't believe in cutting free lunches or Food Stamps to the poor and those that really need it, but make the parents work for it. Give them city, county or state jobs to earn those freebies. There are a lot of jobs that the city, county and state can give to these welfare recipients without having to go out and hire people to do them. It's a win-win situation but we all know this will never happens because the Dems will not get any of their votes if this happens. Got to keep the carrot in front of the mule.

Picture of a Dem supporter  >:D

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:17 PM »

So, you're saying all people that got free lunches and food stamps are never going to be criminals?
 :idiot2:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements