Advertisement

Author Topic: workplace discrimination  (Read 6330 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: workplace discrimination
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »
btw.. In Grad schools, C is generally considered a failing grade.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 01:18:12 AM »

That's what I've heard from some too mainly due to higher standards and more pressure and obviously more $$$...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 12:02:57 AM »
That's what I've heard from some too mainly due to higher standards and more pressure and obviously more $$$...
Plus to be accepted to a good grad school, you'll need at least a B average so anything below that really should be a fail.

zena

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »
A C? !?!   that's halarious.

Yep, it sure is hilarious.

Would you see a doctor with an average scores on tests?  :2funny: :2funny:

What?

Actually.yes..

This reminds me of a storie...

Anyways...my aquaintance was talking to me about how he was talking to a doctor..

And he said youd probably assume they all make good grades etc etc...

But he said actually...tha t doctor said that all doctors are pretty much just average...said they make b's and c's in school too..like med school...

Then my husband wasn't average.  He's no MD but does work in the medical field.  He was straight A's with a B here and there all through his doctorate.

That makes sense.  But, I wasn't in grad school.  This was sophomore year in high school.  This was the time when you'd expect adults to help teenagers...gi ve teens a chance to show them that they (the adults) want them to succeed.  Personally, growing up being told "don't waste your time in school, get married, you're too dumb," and having fast food managers look at you like they don't trust you or they need to know that you're a straight A student before they can hire you can cause a ton of stress and frustration.  I was very heartbroken.  It felt like no one cared and life actually felt pointless.  It was the darkest and saddest time of my teenage life.  FORTUNATELY, my teachers really liked me.  They thought I was smart, learned quick, was talented, etc.  My computer teacher had me assist him with helping the students because I always finished my work within like the first 10 minutes of class.  So with free time I checked out the teachers job post and saw a bank teller position.  I asked the teacher if he would recommend I apply and he did.  He even knew the HR and gave a good word for me.  I cannot thank him enough.

btw, when you're in grad school, shouldn't you be an intern for the company in the career field you are studying to go into?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 03:55:41 AM »
The Hmong will NEVER be prosperous as long as they have the kind of mentality that I see everyday on PH. You all have a slave mentality. You have been conditioned in the public schools to be obedient to the system. Go to school. Go to college. Hope to find a job that pays decent. Work hard. Hope for promotion. Hope white boss doesn't discriminate against you.

Wealthy people do not think like that. First of all, rich kids go to school with a specialty career in mind - one in which their parents have built strong connections. For the rest of white Americans, they go to college to experience independence that prepares them to be strong entrepreneurs. Working for someone else is Plan B, not Plan A.

And because the Hmong do not practice group economics, you will always be at the mercy of other people. If you practiced group economics then you would secure employment all the time.

Just because there are successful Hmong individuals it does not mean the group is doing good. Just look at blacks. They have Jay-Z and Beyonce. They even have Oprah. But these are all individual accomplishment s. The group as a whole are not doing well at all. Not to mention that these successful minorities are completely dependent on whites to support their careers. As easily as it is given, it can also be taken away.   

On the flip side, does Bill Gates need minorities to buy his products? Does Ellen D. need minorities to watch her show? Shit. even the Donald did not need a large minority turn out to win the presidency, but Obama needed blacks to come out in full force to win an election.

However, look at the Jews and the Chinese. They are successful even without white customers. They have their own legal teams, their own medical professionals, their own schools, their own retail stores, etc. They are completely independent of white mainstream America. And because of this they have risen to prominence in America. So much so that they can quickly climb ranks in mainstream jobs.

zena

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 10:44:46 AM »
Believe, it's not really a mentality thing.  It's reality.  Has nothing to do with being Hmong and even very successful people get discriminated.

But, I do know what you are saying about the Hmong community in general.  It's moving along a little slow.  The majority still seem to focus on something else other than doing for the greater good for its kind.  But hey, at least it's moving along.  :)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 11:59:35 PM »
The absurdity in this thread is how much YAX complains about discrimination .

Doesn't he live in the uber liberal state of California where love trumps hate?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Advertisements