Advertisement

Author Topic: Is anyone worried....  (Read 39214 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone worried....
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 02:32:17 AM »
Moonangel I said I'm worried too!!

Some folks don't even know what this is!!!  Folks in here!!!

Whether they know or not, that's not a Hmong game so it's not relevant Hmong ID/ tradition/culture...

Kind of like how the group of Hmong men may have won the trophy for the game below but it's not relevant to Hmong history/cuture..:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:37:34 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 11:27:58 AM »
Just because someone doesn't want to speak Hmong or they want to speak Hmong but can't, doesn't make them less Hmong than anyone else. Especially true is the fact that just because someone can't speak Hmong, doesn't automatically mean they hate themselves, they hate Hmong, and they are trying to distance themselves.

Also, the fact that you are Hmong doesn't mean you have to revolve your whole life choices and lifestyle around some silly notion of fulfilling some imaginary duty of "making Hmong relevant". Case in point, I don't see how you can judge a group of Hmong men playing basketball and say that what they choose to do on their free time is invalid and a waste of time because it's not relevant to being Hmong.

Especially some of you Hmong girls! After the advancement and progress of Hmong women in this modern society, how can you look at another group and pass judgement and say "That's not Hmong enough." That sure sounds a lot like "You're reading a book. That's not Hmong woman enough. Go serve some drinks or wash dishes." The nerve!

Bottom line, this subject is a joke. It's just like inner-beauty - anyone can say anyone is beautiful and anyone can say that someone is not beautiful with no merit or proper critique.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »
Just because someone doesn't want to speak Hmong or they want to speak Hmong but can't, doesn't make them less Hmong than anyone else. Especially true is the fact that just because someone can't speak Hmong, doesn't automatically mean they hate themselves, they hate Hmong, and they are trying to distance themselves.

Also, the fact that you are Hmong doesn't mean you have to revolve your whole life choices and lifestyle around some silly notion of fulfilling some imaginary duty of "making Hmong relevant". Case in point, I don't see how you can judge a group of Hmong men playing basketball and say that what they choose to do on their free time is invalid and a waste of time because it's not relevant to being Hmong.

Especially some of you Hmong girls! After the advancement and progress of Hmong women in this modern society, how can you look at another group and pass judgement and say "That's not Hmong enough." That sure sounds a lot like "You're reading a book. That's not Hmong woman enough. Go serve some drinks or wash dishes." The nerve!

Bottom line, this subject is a joke. It's just like inner-beauty - anyone can say anyone is beautiful and anyone can say that someone is not beautiful with no merit or proper critique.

Every hmong female needs to be house trained on how to wash dishes and bring out water!!

And stay in the kitchen!!  Let the men eat at the table!!!

I don't care if they are 8 months pregnant carryinga 1 year old on thier back, they better be doing the laundry and in the rice fields!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 03:31:28 PM »
Whether they know or not, that's not a Hmong game so it's not relevant Hmong ID/ tradition/culture...

Kind of like how the group of Hmong men may have won the trophy for the game below but it's not relevant to Hmong history/cuture..:

That is hmong game, you never played it it seems, the rubber band rope game.

Basketball obviously not a hmong game.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »

Every hmong female needs to be house trained on how to wash dishes and bring out water!!

And stay in the kitchen!!  Let the men eat at the table!!!

I don't care if they are 8 months pregnant carryinga 1 year old on thier back, they better be doing the laundry and in the rice fields!

It's no wonder why some women here don't want to give the "photos" you've been begging for ... ???

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »

That is hmong game, you never played it it seems, the rubber band rope game.

Basketball obviously not a hmong game.

That "rubber band rope game" is as much a "hmong game" as "Basketball"... ::)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:41:36 PM »
You want to see hmong?  You go to  hmong new year.  The day that you guys stop doing that even is the day that the hmong culture will take a back seat with the american indians.  At least with them tribes, the usa government pays tribute to.  With the hmong, you guys are on your own.  Secret war is no war according to them.

My husband Meskas veteran clients will agreed with you.  They told him don't believed what is taught when it come to History because they only want you to know what they want you to hear.  Any veterans who was there experiencing the real life traumatic event will tell you the ugly, bad and good. 

Our Hmong veterans are on their own and still fighting hard to get that tributes and respects.... Which is why the Meskas veterans shared with my husband our veterans suffered because.......  It sound harsh hearing it but make you see the point that these Meskas veterans know better.....

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 01:28:23 AM »

The rubber band game is hmong...go ask your mom or grandma...they would say they played it...

Basketball obviously isn't hmong...

And of course winning that trophy isn't relevant to Hmong culture....why?  Duh, they only played in a hmong tournament...a gainst other hmongs...it had no impact on other cultures to make it stand out...or be a "milestone" in the Hmong community...

For example...Jack ie robison...mile stone...broke barriers...

Dynastyle ball team..what barriers did they break? 

It's that simple....

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 01:31:15 AM »
It's no wonder why some women here don't want to give the "photos" you've been begging for ... ???

Oh yeah...I'll make them kill chicken...etc etc...

Better have my food ready when I get home!!

And cook rice the old fashion way!!!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 09:36:42 AM »

The rubber band game is hmong...go ask your mom or grandma...they would say they played it...

Basketball obviously isn't hmong...

And of course winning that trophy isn't relevant to Hmong culture....why?  Duh, they only played in a hmong tournament...a gainst other hmongs...it had no impact on other cultures to make it stand out...or be a "milestone" in the Hmong community...

For example...Jack ie robison...mile stone...broke barriers...

Dynastyle ball team..what barriers did they break? 

It's that simple....

Nope, it's not. The "rubber band rope game" is as much "Hmong" as "Basketball"...check the facts...

Just because your mother/grandmother ate Laotian/Viet/Thai food, doesn't make it Hmong food...

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
Some of you are so bias I'm about to puke. How do you know rope jumping is a Hmong game? Because every culture has some form of rope jumping that traces its roots to ancient times. Just because you played a game as a child and your parents and grandparents played it, doesn't make it Hmong property. That's only 200 years you covered. How do you know the game wasn't made by someone else 5,000 years ago?

Case in point, Hmong like talk like top spin is a Hmong game but Hmong aren't the only ones who play top spin. And these guys in this video ain't no lightweight. They pulling off some And1 top spin tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYazynm_1M

What about soccer? Isn't playing soccer the "Hmong" thing to do? Because the form of soccer as we know today - with standard goals, lines, formations, positions, rules, etc - was made by the English. So anyone who plays it, ain't proud enough of their culture because they're playing an English game? Get real!

Again, it's just a bunch of people who think that their standards are what makes someone Hmong. It's as pathetic as these conservative Americans who thinks buying American-made products and wearing a flag shirt determines how American you are. It's a joke. You're a joke.

FetishDream

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »
maybe tug of war is a hmong rope game

I played this with a bunch of other viet fobs like myself when I was a kid in narleans.  Rope made out of rubberband. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:43 PM »
Some of you are so bias I'm about to puke. How do you know rope jumping is a Hmong game? Because every culture has some form of rope jumping that traces its roots to ancient times. Just because you played a game as a child and your parents and grandparents played it, doesn't make it Hmong property. That's only 200 years you covered. How do you know the game wasn't made by someone else 5,000 years ago?

Case in point, Hmong like talk like top spin is a Hmong game but Hmong aren't the only ones who play top spin. And these guys in this video ain't no lightweight. They pulling off some And1 top spin tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYazynm_1M

What about soccer? Isn't playing soccer the "Hmong" thing to do? Because the form of soccer as we know today - with standard goals, lines, formations, positions, rules, etc - was made by the English. So anyone who plays it, ain't proud enough of their culture because they're playing an English game? Get real!

Again, it's just a bunch of people who think that their standards are what makes someone Hmong. It's as pathetic as these conservative Americans who thinks buying American-made products and wearing a flag shirt determines how American you are. It's a joke. You're a joke.

This!

I played this with a bunch of other viet fobs like myself when I was a kid in narleans.  Rope made out of rubberband. 

And this!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 11:17:21 PM »
And...accordin g to your logic...

Bow and arrows must not be part of native american culture becuase the whole eastern hemisphere documented it first right?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 11:21:49 PM »
Certain tribes in africa hunt with spears today...

But i guess that is not part of thier culture since its well documented in cave paintings in europe early cavemen hunting with spears...

Advertisements