Advertisement

Author Topic: Is anyone worried....  (Read 39529 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1328
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone worried....
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »
This is so weird having to spoon feed you two on how to properly debate!  And how to understand what was said.

Talk about "pointless" coming from a guy? that claimed pictures are no big deal but continue to beg PH members for photos..I think the "Trump" comparison sounds about right per nkaujsee...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2016, 07:46:56 PM »
I can ask you the same because you started with the "pointless" stuff...

Show proof of your claim:

"But just like every other time you make some "doesn't make sense statement but you think it sounds fancily end all" you can't even back it up."

Or you'll continue to be "pointless"...

Yeah, Hmong "invented" the "rubberband rope game" as much as they "invented" ...basketball. ..Again, "pointless"...

Man, no wonder nkaujsee compared you to Trump... ;D

So i ask you to prove something or make a good arguement with supporting cites...and all you do is ask me to do the same thing?  Ive cite my points all the time...

I even dumb it down and barneystyle it for you.   

If your only response is just to ask the same thing ive aske of you...then i cant take you seriously or see any validity to your arguements...

The thing i notice about you is, you usually dont have any ideas untill i bring out an idea then you start jumping on that idea whether its for or agianst it.

You almost come across as unable to think or come up with things by yourself...

For example, what i stated earlier...i ask you to prove something and all you can say is ask me to prove it back...

Cmon man....

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »

So i ask you to prove something or make a good arguement with supporting cites...and all you do is ask me to do the same thing?  Ive cite my points all the time...

I even dumb it down and barneystyle it for you.   

If your only response is just to ask the same thing ive aske of you...then i cant take you seriously or see any validity to your arguements...

The thing i notice about you is, you usually dont have any ideas untill i bring out an idea then you start jumping on that idea whether its for or agianst it.

You almost come across as unable to think or come up with things by yourself...

For example, what i stated earlier...i ask you to prove something and all you can say is ask me to prove it back...

Cmon man....

and Yet Zero "cite" from you proving the "rubberband rope game" was "invented" by Hmong...

See nkaujsee is correct, your mindset is very Trumpish indeed...No wonder you are NOT getting photos from her or SB regardless of how much you beg. In fact, nkaujsee has even referred you to "The Castro" as you drive a cute convertible and all...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:07:17 PM by theking »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2016, 09:48:51 PM »
Nkaujsee can say all she want, i just see her as a little sister and she can be as mean or as nice as she want.

In any case...i dont think you are seeing what the debate really is about here...

But to you two, i have a question...

Are you two hmong?  If yes, please explain.  If no, please explain.

If there are any smart readers, they can see why this question is asked and where Im going with this.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2016, 09:49:22 PM »
Well?  I'll wait!

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »

If there are any smart readers, they can see why this question is asked and where Im going with this.

This guy keeps derailing and yet, complains when others address his questions. thePoster: "Why you going off-topic to answer my off-topic questions, bruh?"  :2funny:

No one owes you an explanation. No one should be worried about the purity of Hmong culture. Like I keep saying, your elitist way of thinking is inner-beauty baloney. You don't get to decide who's Hmong and how Hmong they are based on what you feel is standard.

Smart readers would know where you are going with this? You are correct. Smart readers would know you are about to descend into a snowball effect of pure dog excrement. Your way of thinking is no different than some unintelligent, bias, hateful, post about "Are you American and how American are you? If yes, explain." No one owes you squat to explain why they are Hmong and then have you play judge and jury and decide if they qualify to be Hmong and on what level. I bet if some ignorant, unintelligent person puts you on blast and said to your face "You're an American?! Explain yourself! My family's has been here for 8 generations! What about you?! What have you done to be an American?", you would shut him up by saying the same thing I've been saying: "You don't get to decide who's American and how American I am."

You can quietly drop your hand and lower your head now. Exit is that way.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2016, 01:34:46 AM »
This guy keeps derailing and yet, complains when others address his questions. thePoster: "Why you going off-topic to answer my off-topic questions, bruh?"  :2funny:

No one owes you an explanation. No one should be worried about the purity of Hmong culture. Like I keep saying, your elitist way of thinking is inner-beauty baloney. You don't get to decide who's Hmong and how Hmong they are based on what you feel is standard.

Smart readers would know where you are going with this? You are correct. Smart readers would know you are about to descend into a snowball effect of pure dog excrement. Your way of thinking is no different than some unintelligent, bias, hateful, post about "Are you American and how American are you? If yes, explain." No one owes you squat to explain why they are Hmong and then have you play judge and jury and decide if they qualify to be Hmong and on what level. I bet if some ignorant, unintelligent person puts you on blast and said to your face "You're an American?! Explain yourself! My family's has been here for 8 generations! What about you?! What have you done to be an American?", you would shut him up by saying the same thing I've been saying: "You don't get to decide who's American and how American I am."

You can quietly drop your hand and lower your head now. Exit is that way.

You're answer and avoiding the question is pretty much what I expected...

How come you won't say if you're hmong or not and explain why you are or are not?

Shall I explain to the audience? 

Well it's quite simple.  If you say you are hmong, you end up contradicting yourself...bec uase after explaining why you are hmong you would have to be part of that bunch of hmongs who thinks Thier standard is what makes a Hmong a Hmong and who's a sellout.....th ose are your own words...here let me cite it for you...so for you to say yes you are hmong and explain why, well those would be your standards right?

@thePoster

This isn't about which culture invented which games or hunting tools. This is about a bunch of Hmong people thinking THEIR standards are what determines who is Hmong and who is a sellout.

Well now I can see why you can't say yes you are hmong and answer why you would say yes.  You would be basically arguing and being mad at youself.

Even if you said no, well...refer to what I just typed above...

But also, if you said you weren't hmong and go on to explain why...well then you would still be wrong, becuase of what I've said...unless your ethnicity isn't hmong, your mom and dad isn't hmong then what I said is correct ..read the quote

You know...folks need to realize no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from hmongs and being hmong or hmong-like.....no matter how good your English is and have no accent....no matter how well you fit in into other cultures and ethnicities... and even if all your friends are non hmong and even your best friends.....

At the end of the day...99 percent of you got almond shaped eyes...brown,black hair...tan skin....you're still hmong...

Yo mom was hmong...dad was hmong...granda d was hmong..grandma was hmong...your parents killed cjickens...cow s...pigs....

You are hmong.

Quite coincedently.. ..it falls in line with what you posted later after my post...where?!?!  Oh let me cite it for you...

As for cultural items and ideas, every culture has borrowed from others that there is no such thing as pure English culture, pure Hmong culture, or pure whatever culture. Even the Amazonian tribes, the very last people on earth who are having contact with the mainstream world, are using guns to hunt and wearing t shirts and pants and sneakers. This doesn't make them sellouts or no longer Amazon tribes - they are still who they are. If you can't wrap this around your thick head, just look down and tell me what you are wearing right this second. If you are in no underwears and you are not in Hmong pants/skirts, then you are full of shiiit. Enjoy your iced latte, Pepsi, or whatever non-Hmong beverage you are having for lunch. What's for lunch? Sweet rice and laarb, a Laotian dish? McDonald's, perhaps? Subway? It's cool. You're still Hmong regardless.

Can I sum up those two quotes, one from me and one from you as basically saying " No matter how you try to hide it, purposely or not, you're still hmong?   So you said the same thing as me.

So, if you said no you are not hmong,  you have your own quote telling yourself that you are hmong...

And this is why you can't and won't answer my question if you are hmong or not and explaining it.

These are your own words, you said them yourself.  I'm kinda clueless why you're mad at me when it's appearant you look to just actually be arguing with yourself.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:02:01 AM by thePoster »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2016, 02:08:48 AM »
Oh?  The exit is that way?  Thanks for telling me so I can get the door for you on your way out.

See, if I make a point, I can back it up...and it's not even from me making things up...it's all from stuff you spewed out yourelf, get mad at you...not me.

There's tons of stuff to get you on here...it's too easy...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +462
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:36 AM »
Since cultures evolve over time depending on how much contact a group of people have with others, the more important question to ask is:

"Moving forward, how will Hmong in America identify each other as Hmong?"

When you think about the Hmong in China, for example, many of them practice the same religion/customs, dress in the same fashion, eat the same diet, and pretty much have the same lifestyle in terms of work. There may be those who have fully assimilated into mainstream but for the most part, many of them live in their own remote villages.

However, Hmong Americans are vastly different and with more interracial coupling, many of those children will cease to have dominant Hmong genes. I mention that because right now it seems that we are purely acknowledging each other based on biology. But in the future our descendants will be total strangers and view one another as just a nameless Asian (or biracial person). 

As a people with no country, we only have our customary practices to bind us as a people. The day we let go of this is the day we no longer have use for one another. This is one reason why Jews remain in tact. They have customary laws and practices observed only by them. A Jew doesn't marry a Hmong expecting the Hmong to know, understand, and find value in Yom Kippur. Despite many gentiles converting to Judaism, it isn't the same thing as being a cradle Jew - ethnically and religiously.

For example, let's say none of us practice the customary rituals of a traditional Hmong marriage. Then what use do I have of you when I can go to any secular non-Hmong to perform a marriage rite? However, if I find value in the mejkoob, wedding negotiations, bride token, dowry, etc, then I have to keep close to my Hmong community. They are the people who understand the ritual, the process, and the value.

If I don't care about these customary practices then I will be a Hmong in name but not a Hmong in practice. This means I don't need to be tied to any Hmong or Hmong community, but I am still Hmong because my DNA says so.

This is the same reason why LGBT community is upset with marriage. They don't feel that they should have to go set up new rules, new values, and a new process to solidify their couplings. They've already been conditioned to accept the conventional practice. They want to be a part of it.

Yet, we have many young Hmong who see no value in a Hmong traditional marriage. They want to do all American but even that is a fake because they don't really understand all the cultural implications of a white wedding. They are only enamored by the commercialized version of it. The same way that many non-Germans - including Christians - celebrate Christmas with a Christmas Tree.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:55:09 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2016, 02:11:32 AM »
There's only one way to validly refute me....

And that's just to answer yes or no if you're hmong and explain why yes or no.

But, well you can't say yes or no...becuase you already dug your hole for either answer.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »
Nkaujsee can say all she want, i just see her as a little sister and she can be as mean or as nice as she want.

In any case...i dont think you are seeing what the debate really is about here...

But to you two, i have a question...

The real question is, are you Hmong?

Because if you were, you would know that the "rubberband rope game" was not "invented" by the Hmong..

Still zero "cite" to back up that claim...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2016, 09:35:29 AM »
There's only one way to validly refute me....

And that's just to answer yes or no if you're hmong and explain why yes or no.

But, well you can't say yes or no...becuase you already dug your hole for either answer.

Says the guy? that keeps on digging even though the facts are clear and simple...Very Trumpish indeed..

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
I am Hmong! LOL you are a buffoon. Do you even read, bro?

No matter what you or anyone says, I am Hmong. I do not need to jump rope or even know that Hmong jump rope exists. Do you understand how absurd it is to say that if you don't Hmong jump rope, you're not Hmong enough? This is YOUR point, not mine.

When I said that "a bunch of Hmongs thinking their standards are what determine who is Hmong", I wasn't talking about the greater Hmong community. I was talking about this PH community - people exactly like you. Do you even comprehend, bro? You precisely proved my point! If the entire Hmong population of the world looked at me and rejected me, saying I wasn't Hmong enough for their standards, would I still be Hmong? YES! What you say, or moonangel says, or any other Hmong person(s) says, doesn't change a Hmong person into something else. It doesn't matter if I jump rope, if I can speak Hmong, if I know which hand to pour the liquor as the cup comes around to me, or some other silly made-up standard of measuring my Hmong-ness.

My work is done. The dude counter-arguing me is providing examples to further prove my point!  :2funny:

Take 10 newborn Hmong babies and spread them across all corners of the world to adoptive parents. Each of these 10 children will be alien to so-called "pure" Hmong culture - you know, useless shiit like jump rope, liquor pouring with the correct hand, wearing Zhong Kha's silly shirts out to town (lol, no hate towards Zhong, but I do think his shirts are silly, unique, but still silly). Are these children still Hmong? Yes. It doesn't matter what I say, thePoster says, or the entire Hmong population says. These kids are Hmong, born that way and will die that way. You can't shed it like some social identity. It's not like being a hardcore video gamer for 10 years, and then now I'm into weight lifting or customizing street racing cars. It sure as helll isn't measured by how high above the shoulders the jump rope was raised.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:57:38 AM by HUNG TU LO »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
So what you circle on an application if there is a spot for hmong? 

You are hmong by default first and if trump was hmong but acts like a baboon, he still needs to circle that hmong box. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
The real question is, are you Hmong?

Because if you were, you would know that the "rubberband rope game" was not "invented" by the Hmong..

Still zero "cite" to back up that claim...

Dude....why do you even try....how can you even argue when you just ask the same question in just ask you.

If anyone looks at the tread they can see you can't come up with your own thoughts, you basically wait till someone comes up with something and then use it.

It's appearant you obviously can't think for yourself.

Advertisements