Advertisement

Author Topic: Is anyone worried....  (Read 39189 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone worried....
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 01:20:02 AM »
And...according to your logic...

Bow and arrows must not be part of native american culture becuase the whole eastern hemisphere documented it first right?

Nope, we are saying something is NOT part of your culture/history/ID when you borrowed it from another culture whether it be "rubber band rope game" or "basketball"...or "soccer" or...

You do know that the "native american" migrated from Asia don't you?? You know the large area on the map that is part of the "eastern hemisphere"... ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 01:38:36 AM »
Nope, we are saying something is NOT part of your culture/history/ID when you borrowed it from another culture whether it be "rubber band rope game" or "basketball"...or "soccer" or...

You do know that the "native american" migrated from Asia don't you?? You know the large area on the map that is part of the "eastern hemisphere"... ???

So you're basically saying the bow and arrow was invented prior to crossing of the ice bridge then....

I'm pretty sure it was invented after that...

But in any case...looks like you might as well be telling g us you are saying we are just cavemens....we are all the same...if you are bringing that all up...

So you're basically saying hmongs are the same as native americans...an d so forth...

White people, black people, asians, we are all the same...

See this is why it's pointless with you...

Any subject, anything, you will keep rationalizing no matter how ridiculous as long as you "win" a debate...becua se you're never wrong in your eyes...

The worst thing is...you fail to realize it.

As I said in the past....

I'm not trying to be mean ....but I really just pity you.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
There was also a point I was trying to make without having to spell it out for you but you couldn't just grasp the concept...

The point is...

Cultures...eve n with no forms of contact with one another may and do develop similar things....whet her it's pyramids, bow and arrows, or even a simple game of jumping over a rubber band rope, just becuase they are similar does not mEan it wasnt "invented" or "discovered" by other cultures as well.  And if so...yes that would make it part of that cultures history and culture as well.

D....d.....d.. ..duh!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »
@thePoster

This isn't about which culture invented which games or hunting tools. This is about a bunch of Hmong people thinking THEIR standards are what determines who is Hmong and who is a sellout. Don't play rope jump? Not Hmong enough. Don't speak Hmong? Sellout, not Hmong enough. Don't know anything about Hmong funerals or customs? GTFO you're not Hmong. Play basketball? Waste of time, doesn't improve the relevancy of Hmong culture.

Let's use your Native Americans and bow and arrow analogy. If a Native American doesn't carry around a bow and arrow like it's 1500, is he/she still Native? If they don't wear a handmade cow leather thong and prance around in the moonlight doing some traditional dance, are they a sellout? Because if you live in the Midwest, where you actually do see Native Americans, they dress just like everyone else - denim, khakis, t shirts, dress shoes, sneakers, etc. This goes for the tribal lands as well. This doesn't make them sellouts or any less Native than someone else who can speak their language and chooses to dress traditional as much as they can. Would you go up to an Italian- or Irish-American and say, "Yo, you can't speak Italian or Irish. You can't even cook one dish of Italian or Irish food. GTFO you ain't Italian/Irish!" No, you wouldn't. That would be stupid.

For those of you who don't agree with what I'm saying, you're just an elitist thinker and you think you're a hot shot Hmong person when you are wearing denim and drinking your Starbucks just like the rest of us. You just simply think your shiit doesn't stink.

As for cultural items and ideas, every culture has borrowed from others that there is no such thing as pure English culture, pure Hmong culture, or pure whatever culture. Even the Amazonian tribes, the very last people on earth who are having contact with the mainstream world, are using guns to hunt and wearing t shirts and pants and sneakers. This doesn't make them sellouts or no longer Amazon tribes - they are still who they are. If you can't wrap this around your thick head, just look down and tell me what you are wearing right this second. If you are in no underwears and you are not in Hmong pants/skirts, then you are full of shiiit. Enjoy your iced latte, Pepsi, or whatever non-Hmong beverage you are having for lunch. What's for lunch? Sweet rice and laarb, a Laotian dish? McDonald's, perhaps? Subway? It's cool. You're still Hmong regardless.

Like I said, this is ridiculous as inner-beauty. Because anyone can say anything. You wear denim? Not Hmong. You eat papaya salad, a Laotian dish? Not Hmong. You own and drive a car? Not Hmong - Hmong never engineered any vehicle, gas powered or otherwise. You were born in America? Garbage Hmong - real Hmong are born in Asian. You're born in Thailand? Garbage Hmong - real Hmong are born in Guizhou province, China. You were born in 21st Century? Garbage - Hmong born after the year 300AD are no longer Hmong and they just incorporate other cultures.

Do you see the retard snowball effect?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:49:01 PM by HUNG TU LO »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »

See this is why it's pointless with you...

Any subject, anything, you will keep rationalizing no matter how ridiculous as long as you "win" a debate...becua se you're never wrong in your eyes...

And you're just "pointless", period!!

No wonder another PH member said your "mindset" is like Trump...

I just go by the facts that the "rubberband rope game" is not a Hmong game, just like basketball is not a Hmong game...Just because Hmong adopt it and play it, doesn't make it a Hmong game...but it's "pointless" with you even after the facts crystal clear..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 12:51:17 PM »
There was also a point I was trying to make without having to spell it out for you but you couldn't just grasp the concept...

The point is...

Cultures...eve n with no forms of contact with one another may and do develop similar things....whet her it's pyramids, bow and arrows, or even a simple game of jumping over a rubber band rope, just becuase they are similar does not mEan it wasnt "invented" or "discovered" by other cultures as well.  And if so...yes that would make it part of that cultures history and culture as well.

D....d.....d.. ..duh!

But regarless, the Hmong did NOT invent the "rubberband rope game" as they didn't even know what rubberband is until they were exposed to it in Laos and other parts of the world...If you can't handle these simple crystal clear facts, then it's "pointless"...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »
Man!!  You guys are in for a biggg surprise!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
@thePoster

This isn't about which culture invented which games or hunting tools. This is about a bunch of Hmong people thinking THEIR standards are what determines who is Hmong and who is a sellout. Don't play rope jump? Not Hmong enough. Don't speak Hmong? Sellout, not Hmong enough. Don't know anything about Hmong funerals or customs? GTFO you're not Hmong. Play basketball? Waste of time, doesn't improve the relevancy of Hmong culture.

Let's use your Native Americans and bow and arrow analogy. If a Native American doesn't carry around a bow and arrow like it's 1500, is he/she still Native? If they don't wear a handmade cow leather thong and prance around in the moonlight doing some traditional dance, are they a sellout? Because if you live in the Midwest, where you actually do see Native Americans, they dress just like everyone else - denim, khakis, t shirts, dress shoes, sneakers, etc. This goes for the tribal lands as well. This doesn't make them sellouts or any less Native than someone else who can speak their language and chooses to dress traditional as much as they can. Would you go up to an Italian- or Irish-American and say, "Yo, you can't speak Italian or Irish. You can't even cook one dish of Italian or Irish food. GTFO you ain't Italian/Irish!" No, you wouldn't. That would be stupid.

For those of you who don't agree with what I'm saying, you're just an elitist thinker and you think you're a hot shot Hmong person when you are wearing denim and drinking your Starbucks just like the rest of us. You just simply think your shiit doesn't stink.

As for cultural items and ideas, every culture has borrowed from others that there is no such thing as pure English culture, pure Hmong culture, or pure whatever culture. Even the Amazonian tribes, the very last people on earth who are having contact with the mainstream world, are using guns to hunt and wearing t shirts and pants and sneakers. This doesn't make them sellouts or no longer Amazon tribes - they are still who they are. If you can't wrap this around your thick head, just look down and tell me what you are wearing right this second. If you are in no underwears and you are not in Hmong pants/skirts, then you are full of shiiit. Enjoy your iced latte, Pepsi, or whatever non-Hmong beverage you are having for lunch. What's for lunch? Sweet rice and laarb, a Laotian dish? McDonald's, perhaps? Subway? It's cool. You're still Hmong regardless.

Like I said, this is ridiculous as inner-beauty. Because anyone can say anything. You wear denim? Not Hmong. You eat papaya salad, a Laotian dish? Not Hmong. You own and drive a car? Not Hmong - Hmong never engineered any vehicle, gas powered or otherwise. You were born in America? Garbage Hmong - real Hmong are born in Asian. You're born in Thailand? Garbage Hmong - real Hmong are born in Guizhou province, China. You were born in 21st Century? Garbage - Hmong born after the year 300AD are no longer Hmong and they just incorporate other cultures.

Do you see the retard snowball effect?

So basically you said what I said earlier...

I don't understand why you are trying to explain the same point I made earlier to me. 

What you said there is the same as this below....it's in this same thread...page 3

You know...folks need to realize no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from hmongs and being hmong or hmong-like.....no matter how good your English is and have no accent....no matter how well you fit in into other cultures and ethnicities... and even if all your friends are non hmong and even your best friends.....

At the end of the day...99 percent of you got almond shaped eyes...brown,black hair...tan skin....you're still hmong...

Yo mom was hmong...dad was hmong...granda d was hmong..grandma was hmong...your parents killed cjickens...cow s...pigs....

You are hmong.

If you're trying to debate agianst me...it's not working for you...

It's tuff being smart!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »
And you're just "pointless", period!!

No wonder another PH member said your "mindset" is like Trump...

I just go by the facts that the "rubberband rope game" is not a Hmong game, just like basketball is not a Hmong game...Just because Hmong adopt it and play it, doesn't make it a Hmong game...but it's "pointless" with you even after the facts crystal clear..

If you say I'm pointless, how come you can't make an arguement for it?  《--------  what that means is you citing some examples why I'm pointless. 

But just like every other time you make some "doesn't make sense statement but you think it sounds fancily end all" you can't even back it up. 

Also in what I quoted from you, by you still saying the hmongs adopted it, it's blatantly appearant you failed to see the point that the hmongs folks may have indeed "invented" it by ourselves.    So go back and re-read the part about the pyramids and bow and arrows.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 03:36:44 PM »
It's tuff being smart.

The thing is...I'm not even trying to be....

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
And plus, you two have gotten way off topic, moonangel simply asked  if anyone else is worried we hmongs may not know what is Hmong is anymore...

I said yes...becuase there are hmongs that doesn't even know what the rubberband game is. <----the logic and reasoning behind this is that if hmongs don't even know a simple hmong game, then there is alot to be worried for.  Also if hmongs can't even speak hmong, yes there is pause for concern.

For you two to really answer this thread would be to just state why you would or would not be worried about it.   Yalls went off on tangents!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2016, 03:47:33 PM »
This is so weird having to spoon feed you two on how to properly debate!  And how to understand what was said.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »

So basically you said what I said earlier...

I don't understand why you are trying to explain the same point I made earlier to me. 

If you used your brain, you would know that I am still on the subject. I'm still discussing about the original thread subject - "worried about Hmong culture losing purity". All of my posts have been addressing this, saying that there is no such thing as "pure" Hmong culture and customs, pure English culture, etc.

No, you and I are not making the same point. No, I am not making the same point as theking. Obviously, you never read, or can't read, my posts and immediately lumped me in with theking just because our views differ from yours. THAT is an example of poor debating.

At this point, I know you're not even reading. Even theking is telling you to go re-read. Apparently, it is TUFF (as you wrote it) to be smart. TUFFF!!!!!!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »

If you say I'm pointless, how come you can't make an arguement for it?  《--------  what that means is you citing some examples why I'm pointless. 

But just like every other time you make some "doesn't make sense statement but you think it sounds fancily end all" you can't even back it up. 

Also in what I quoted from you, by you still saying the hmongs adopted it, it's blatantly appearant you failed to see the point that the hmongs folks may have indeed "invented" it by ourselves.    So go back and re-read the part about the pyramids and bow and arrows.

I can ask you the same because you started with the "pointless" stuff...

Show proof of your claim:

"But just like every other time you make some "doesn't make sense statement but you think it sounds fancily end all" you can't even back it up."

Or you'll continue to be "pointless"...

Yeah, Hmong "invented" the "rubberband rope game" as much as they "invented" ...basketball. ..Again, "pointless"...

Man, no wonder nkaujsee compared you to Trump... ;D

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
If you used your brain, you would know that I am still on the subject. I'm still discussing about the original thread subject - "worried about Hmong culture losing purity". All of my posts have been addressing this, saying that there is no such thing as "pure" Hmong culture and customs, pure English culture, etc.

No, you and I are not making the same point. No, I am not making the same point as theking. Obviously, you never read, or can't read, my posts and immediately lumped me in with theking just because our views differ from yours. THAT is an example of poor debating.

At this point, I know you're not even reading. Even theking is telling you to go re-read. Apparently, it is TUFF (as you wrote it) to be smart. TUFFF!!!!!!

How is it not the same point?

I can probe it is... 

Prove to me its not.

Advertisements