Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for Bible translator English into Hmong  (Read 9324 times)

Asian Trust

Looking for Bible translator English into Hmong
« on: October 11, 2016, 03:41:49 AM »
Hi, We are looking for English-Hmong Translators for new big project name "Christian Bible", please contact as soon as possible if you want to join with us. Email: [email protected]. I will send more information about company and project through mail.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:06:48 AM by Asian Trust »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bible translator English into Hmong
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »
Hi, We are looking for English-Hmong Translators for new big project name "Christian Bible", please contact as soon as possible if you want to join with us. Email: [email protected]. I will send more information about company and project through mail.

Look up Lauj Teeb on youtube. He can translate well.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 06:36:11 AM »
Big project.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Asian Trust

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »
Look up Lauj Teeb on youtube. He can translate well.

Thank you, i see his youtube but i dont know how to contact him, just leave a comment

Asian Trust

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
Big project.

Yes, it is a big project, so please let your friend know if having some one want to join. Thank you!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
Yes, it is a big project, so please let your friend know if having some one want to join. Thank you!

Sure.

Is it a paid job?

"...

Asian Trust

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »
You're going to need to find the right person who has enough bible knowledge to translated.  I know that the Jehovah Witness church here has a Hmong lady who does minor translating when they have service or bible study. I don't think JW bible has one in Hmong language yet beside those pamplet they passed out.  I have seen the Mormon bible in Hmong language but I don't read it.  I attend service with them a few time but I have no understanding at all.   

A bible translated into Hmong is a big project.  Hmong CMA church their bible is a combine translation of the old and new testament..  It still need a lot of works but due to the fact that we have no written language then it is not at its best.  It is a easier version to understand vs Mormon bible or JW pamplets. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

"...

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 01:20:36 AM »
For the sake of hmong cultural survival, integrity, and hmong remaining as one people, hopefully that bible translation project fails.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »
What Hmong Christians really need is someone who has in-depth knowledge about the culture, customs and expressions of the Israelites. That is the BEST WAY to understand the Bible and Christianity. You must understand them first. 

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »
For the sake of hmong cultural survival, integrity, and hmong remaining as one people, hopefully that bible translation project fails.

What!!! the current hmong culture aren't even original anymore. You sound like a paranoid person I might in Thailand. He told me that the reason he did not moved to the US way back then is because he didn't want his children to lose the Hmong culture and Hmong language. It's really funny because his kids speak mostly Thai and not even Hmong.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »
I believe there's one for christian and catholics already translated.  - I just stick with the english ones.  It's already difficult enough understanding the bible in english.  In hmong would be alot harder.

You are correct. There is an app for it already. But the current Hmong Bible translation is not well written. They are working on a new Hmong translated Bible as we speak. These will be translated by Hmong PhD and Doctor of Theology...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

TruthAboveKnowledge

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:56 AM »
the Bible,

Who needs it?  If you have to translate it from the original text then you can forget about it.  It will never make sense in other languages.  Even the scribes and pharasee have gotten it all wrong.

I'm not even going to make it sound beautiful anymore in here, as many people in here are still too young and have not grown in wisdom nor in "intellect" so I'll be very straightforwar d from now on.  If you want to study the Bible then go learn Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.  Latin is such a dead language that it didn't help me at all since taking for it for 5 years but it did help out on scientific nomenclature root words and such.

The Bible is considered to be one of the oldest book to learn from besides Egypt hieroglyphs and middle-eastern sanscript.  The Bible is the geneology of a particular people, their history and their culture.  It is the history of the Israelites, who spoke Hebrew.  Jews are not Israelites, Jews are a mix of european blood-lines and a little of the Israelite genealogy or bloodline, but it is so minute, it's laughable.  It's the same thing as saying all the whites in the US have native bloodline just so that they can claim this land from the native indians but we all know they stole this land outright through force.  So ask yourself why most whites (99.999% whites) think they are Jew, because they are...but they are not the original Israelites.  Same thing as Christians calling themselves republicans... it just doesn't fly.  If there was a Jesus Christ, he'd be rolling in his grave by now because Christ didn't hate, yet Christians especially republicans are prime examples of Christ's mockery.  So did Jesus Christ every exist?  Nope, he never did.  He is a mythical figure brought from of olds to mind manipulate you so that you could be controlled.  Just think if you were really free, how that would feel...I suppose only when one dies will you really be free.

Did you ever stop to think and ask yourself why civilization rise and fall?  Every god damn civilization has the leaders and the shamans (priests) as guides to fake the sheeples.  This is so they can control and tame you for their profit.  In our case it is our taxes that they get and whatever ingenuity that you come up with, will eventually belong to them.  You only have 7 years or so from the date of patent until it gets copied at free will.  Now China laughs at US copyright laws and patent laws because that is just what it is, a laugh.

So what made you think your dollar bill is worth anything?  On the One Dollar Bill, you have the "IN GOD WE TRUST ONE".  But what if there was no god, would we still trust that one dollar bill?  But what do they mean god, or who or what is their god?  You see, maybe you can't see, but the "EYE" floating on top of the unfinished pyramid is the "all seeing eye" taken from Egypt.  That is how they control you, your money (here money=labor) and your faith to them.  Can this one dollar bill taste and give you energy like a potato, to that I say Hell NO!

You also need to be politically correct so when you say Hell NO, you need to follow it up with Heaven Yes.  My humor I suppose.

In short, the Bible is in no way shape or form the only way to study life's wisdom.  It is the study in history and geneology of a people who has written down their lineage, that is why when scholars count existing timeline to Adam their is roughly only a little more then 6 thousand years old.  It doesn't mean the earth is just 6 thousand years old but what it means is their world is counted to be 6 thousand years old.  It is the start of their "World", but it does not mean "THE WORLD" since we know for a fact The WORLD or Earth is millions of years old and the Universe is Billions of years old by Earth's Sun relationship, since TIME is irrelevant,to be precise, out in the cosmic realm.

So what does this all mean?  My friends, let me be clear and blunt.  It means when you die...you are done for.  Their is no resurrection for you or for me or for anyone.  Their is no spirit or heaven or hell or soul.  Are you kidding me?  This my friends, is the beginning of Knowledge.  Now you know thy name.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »
It's a chance for us to create new Hmong vocabularies.  The bible was the biggest influence on the English language when it was translated.

Advertisements