Advertisement

Author Topic: What IS a Gentleman?  (Read 6640 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: What IS a Gentleman?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »
Bottom line is this.  I can not win that gentleman award unless you comply and help me to become that gentlemen.  Ruining my tactics n hurting ny feelings will have consequences.  First is food throwing at you.  Keep it up and ill exit the building through the back door by the bathroom and you will have to call uber for a ride home plus pay the tab. 

Lesson learn.  Let me be the gentle guy and just accept it.  If i am not giving you the gentleman's treatment, another biatches will. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

NkaujNom

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
Bottom line is this.  I can not win that gentleman award unless you comply and help me to become that gentlemen.  Ruining my tactics n hurting ny feelings will have consequences.  First is food throwing at you.  Keep it up and ill exit the building through the back door by the bathroom and you will have to call uber for a ride home plus pay the tab. 

Lesson learn.  Let me be the gentle guy and just accept it.  If i am not giving you the gentleman's treatment, another biatches will.

So raw. Great point you brought up from the gentleman's perspective - she basically crushed his feelings and broke him down when she should've accepted his gentleness instead.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:25:15 PM by NkaujNom »

Like this post: 0

can

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:32 PM »
Not exactly sure. Either pancakes or some type of sandwiches and the hashbrown that the man threw. What does that have anything to do with the topic? Are you saying it was the food? :o

just curious what she picked up and ate after it was thrown at her. for instance, i can understand a muffin, but something messy like hash browns?  :idiot2:

doesn't seem like it's her first rodeo with a jerk.

Blongforever

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
Before work, I stopped at a cafe for some hot chocolate and breakfast. While eating, a couple came and sat in the table in front of me. The lady pulled out her chair and was about to sit down. The man grabbed the chair and blocked the woman from sitting. She looked at him and then walked to the opposite side and sat down.

He then gave her an angry look and says, "I tried to be a gentleman and pull out the chair for you to sit. Are you embarrassed of me?" She responded, "No, I thought you wanted to sit there, so I came over here. Sorry. I'm not used to you pulling out my chair because you've never done that before..." Then she smiled at him and continued talking, "Thank you, but you don't have to do that. Just relax and let's have breakfast". The man sat down, picked up food and threw it at where the woman was sitting. She did not move. She then slowly took it, ate it, and said, "Don't throw my food at me anymore."

What is a gentleman? And how would you respond if you were the man or the woman?

Question is...., What is she?

Is she the type that brings the best out of a man or the opposite?  I have seen both and I don't think I can make a conclusive comment whether or not he is a jark trying hard to play the role of a gentleman.   Maybe he is a true gentleman but she is one who only brings the worse of others.  We all have seen that type haven't we?

can

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »

Is she the type that brings the best out of a man or the opposite?  I have seen both and I don't think I can make a conclusive comment whether or not he is a jark trying hard to play the role of a gentleman.   Maybe he is a true gentleman but she is one who only brings the worse of others.  We all have seen that type haven't we?

not much of a gentlemen right there  :idiot2: :2funny:

can

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »
Duhhh :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: 
you don't know what a gentlemen is. LOL. your welcome btw  :2funny:

a man who treats other people in a proper and polite way

Blongforever

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 09:27:59 PM »
This two-faced kept on deleting posts.  Not cool.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:08:24 PM by Blongforever »

NkaujNom

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 04:55:26 PM »

I think that people respond differently either by their own nature or choice. Some people take action based on their emotions instead of reason. Others act out of reason instead of emotions. If someone can only draw out negativity and those people let it overtake them, that really is just disaster. What if emotions can be better managed? Maybe there wouldn't be any occurrences like this or it could be minimized?

NkaujNom

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 04:57:26 PM »
just curious what she picked up and ate after it was thrown at her. for instance, i can understand a muffin, but something messy like hash browns?  :idiot2:

doesn't seem like it's her first rodeo with a jerk.

Right. If it was the first time, most people would probably be surprised. They would've probably got up and left right away!

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »
Before work, I stopped at a cafe for some hot chocolate and breakfast. While eating, a couple came and sat in the table in front of me. The lady pulled out her chair and was about to sit down. The man grabbed the chair and blocked the woman from sitting. She looked at him and then walked to the opposite side and sat down.

He then gave her an angry look and says, "I tried to be a gentleman and pull out the chair for you to sit. Are you embarrassed of me?" She responded, "No, I thought you wanted to sit there, so I came over here. Sorry. I'm not used to you pulling out my chair because you've never done that before..." Then she smiled at him and continued talking, "Thank you, but you don't have to do that. Just relax and let's have breakfast". The man sat down, picked up food and threw it at where the woman was sitting. She did not move. She then slowly took it, ate it, and said, "Don't throw my food at me anymore."

What is a gentleman? And how would you respond if you were the man or the woman?

Wanting to pull a chair for her is considered gentlemanly manner but getting angry at her because of that missed opportunity isn't. A gentlemen doesn't lose his cool or make pettiness out of things. Anything a man does for a women out of respect, courtesy and perhaps chivalry is consider being a Gentlemen.

Like this post: +1

Blongforever

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
Wanting to pull a chair for her is considered gentlemanly manner but getting angry at her because of that missed opportunity isn't. A gentlemen doesn't lose his cool or make pettiness out of things. Anything a man does for a women out of respect, courtesy and perhaps chivalry is consider being a Gentlemen.

Like I have mentioned before, if you are a gentleman, look for a real lady who appreciates your gentlemenly traits, otherwise you'll be in a world of confusion wondering if you are a gentleman or a stupid whimp with your unappreciated attempts to pamper a ghetto hoochie.  No gawking way around it.  You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of her. 

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 06:18:55 AM »
Someone mentioned that a gentleman is always two steps ahead, mentally, physically. I concur.
I see so much chivalry at work. When a man opens a door for me, I quickly fasten my pace and thank him. I don't keep him waiting. The same for holding elevators, pulling out chairs, letting the ladies go first. It's very sweet and considerate. They don't have to but they do it.

In this story, even if the lady was surprised by his action, she did thank him. What may have triggered his reaction was when she told him he didn't have to and just relax. He did make an attempt. Even if delayed, he did try. However  he killed it with throwing her food at her. That's like throwing food at a wild animal. Even feeding my dog, I don't throw food. That's definetly no gentleman. That's an assh0e trying very little to be nice for once. I would have dropped kick his butt.

Like this post: +2
"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Advertisements