Advertisement

Author Topic: Civilization 6  (Read 374 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +239
    • View Profile
Civilization 6
« on: October 31, 2016, 03:05:41 AM »
The return of the "ONE MORE TURN!" game.
I didn't play 5. just 4 and BE

Took me like 5 tries to finally understand how to begin winning.  These computer cheat.  almost always have stronger units than you.
Plays like the older CIV games except the Barbarians don't suck.  They can be a pain in the early games as they stomp your cavemen warriors. 

Graphics are nice. sounds are good. loading (for me) kind of sucks when loading into the game.  But overall it's been enjoyable.  I wish you can make it slightly faster though.  It feels really slow and doesn't pick up till later.  The beginning 100 turns seems to take forever as nothing happens. And that only is made worse by the other leaders constantly wanting to open trade routes, sometimes just talking to you.  Gets annoying having to ignore them each time.

- things to note. It's a bit more difficult because:
- Can't  stack units (create an army of 3) until later in the game
- Can't stack on same tiles. This leads to bullshit times when AI would just have their shit scouts blocking your way either forcing you to take extra turns to get around or declare war and attack.

But all in all.  Enjoyable.  Sad there's no new AOE or C&C, but atleast there's CIV. Not exactly the same, but still enjoyable.

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline techy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization 6
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:35:42 AM »
Love these type of games.  Usually like to mod it to something enjoyable though.  Default can be boring.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements