Advertisement

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2  (Read 483 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
« on: October 31, 2016, 03:19:47 AM »
It's the same shit as part 1 just with some new features, more characters and other small improvements.

I'm currently at lvl 22

story: You played one dbz game or watch the anime. You know it all.  If you didn't play the first part, well someone is messing up the events and changing what happened, its your job to fix it. 
example: Instead of Raditz and Goku getting Special Beam Cannoned, Raditz dodged it. No, sadly, there isn't so special "what if" moments.  It's just slightly different. Yea we all want to see SSJ Raditz or SSJ Nappa but it's not happening.
It's the same thing from the first part. same exact bullshit. and i think its the same exact enemies too.

combat: Solid. of the ones I played. by far the best combat. huge zone, open area.  The only downside is not enough moves. You have 2 modifiers with 4 move each. 1 modifier is regular supers like kamehameha and ki charge (yea you waste a slot to sit there and charge ki).  and the other modifier is for your Super Special attacks like special beam cannon and turning super saiyan (and no. you don't go 1 2 3, you just go whatever level you have slotted).

Character creation: It's good for what it is. don't expect MMO levels of creativity. but its good enough. sadly the outfits you get in the game, alot of them you can't recolor. but they got enough haircolor, different eyes and hair to give you a different feel. 

Moves: It feels the same as last time, you start off with the same shitty moves and learn the same shitty stuff and then get better things later.
The cool addition so far is the level of power ups you can get. part 1 all you had was Unlock potential for every race and then saiyans had SSJ1 and SSJ2.
This time saiyans get SSJ1,2,3. Namekians become giants. Humans get the nimbus cloud. Frieza race turns gold. and Majins turn into Kid buu.

Scaling: It's not as terrible atleast not yet. part 1 was terribly scaled, main quest 4 would be like lvl 15. main quest 5 would be 25. so you would sit and do "parallel quests" to level up.  PQ are the same shit as the main quest, just with side bonuses you grind through to randomly be rewarded from a loot pool.  so far the loot pool doesn't feel as bad. 

main city - much improved. no more dealing with ridiculous loading screens. everything aside from the side areas are in one zone. you can go on your hovercraft to get there faster. teleport via the robots. and at some point fly in the main city.

Minor improvements. nothing flashy. nothing to really care about. I'll probably uninstall tomorrow or so.  I can only go through the same saiyan saga, frieza saga, buu saga so many times before getting bored.  But I do want to play as some of the new characters and try out new things.
Dimps got lazy with the designs.  You can be tiny humans/saiyans the size of goten and trunks. you can be giants the size of Bojack. You can be picollo. frieza, and even to some extent, cooler and final form cooler.  But for some dumbass reason if you go with the majin race, you get fat ducken buu.  No evil buu. and no Super buu. Fat ducken buu.  Female Majins are thin atleast. But no one wants to play as fat ducken buu.

And their transformation becomes kid Buu. 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:22:42 AM by anonymouse »

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:27:51 AM »
Oh forgot a few things:

Unlike the first part where it retardedly required you to beat the game to create more characters. this one lets you do that from the getgo.
Great thing is whatever skill or clothing you unlock on one, you unlock for all to use.
Lame thing is you still gotta do the same mentor quest on every single character. 

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Advertisements