Advertisement

Author Topic: Manufacturing jobs, will they come back?  (Read 18120 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacturing jobs, will they come back?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »
If China continues to increase minimum wage at double digits we will see manufacturing jobs come back to the USA.  Here's the caveat, the jobs will be done by robotic automation systems.  What this means is the net jobs created will be very low.  Economist have seen the signals for 30 years but they weren't sure yet exactly why but now that automation is such a big thing, they are pretty sure productivity gains are due to robotic automation, hence wage growth stagnated.

Now I think the better question one should ask is what are the jobs of the 21st century and prepare your life for those kind of jobs: engineering, science, biotech, healthcare, elderly care, services, etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2016, 05:51:37 PM »

Now I think the better question one should ask is what are the jobs of the 21st century and prepare your life for those kind of jobs: engineering, science, biotech, healthcare, elderly care, services, etc....

O0

Exactly.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2016, 07:45:37 PM »
We already mentioned automation when you goons were protesting for a minimum wage hike.  ::)

Somewhere in your delusional mind you think manufacturing will disappear off the face of the earth. Oh where will your mom shop once Walmart and The Dollar Tree closes?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

That s.hit you order from Amazon is "manufactured" somewhere.

I'd hate to think that your liberal friends can't get a family-supporting job after majoring in "Asian Studies".

I mean, how else are the "illegals" suppose to contribute to society and pay income taxes to support the Ha-mongs in higher education if there are no jobs unless one becomes a doctor or something of the like? And since you are ignorant, "yes", even the medical field has become very saturated. Too many pharmacists and not enough positions to hand out. Did you think Walgreens was so stupid that they are willing to pay a 6-figure salary to every graduating PharmD major?

You must not have enough pharmacists and doctors in YOUR family to know how it works.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 07:52:03 PM »
The Hmong need to stop worrying about where they can get hired. They need to practice group economics and create jobs for themselves. Find a niche that serves their own community and expand that service into others by offering competitive rates. Otherwise, they are going to be like Evil_K and some of these other Hmong libs every 5 years wondering where the jobs are, wondering if their degree is still relevant, and then they will be like YAX, becoming disgruntled because some white dude didn't hire them, etc.

I laugh at how some of you are wondering where to get a job. Meanwhile, some of us have already secured a steady stream of income that frees us from worrying if our resume ever sees daylight.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »

I laugh at how some of you are wondering where to get a job. Meanwhile, some of us have already secured a steady stream of income that frees us from worrying if our resume ever sees daylight.

What is it exactly that you do for a living again?  Last time I remember you said you had the ability to make someone "feel" good or bad...not sure what that meant exactly, lol...but I can think of some unaccredited professions that fill that role...but its best not to assume.

Also i don't consider living off your partner's income as a "steady stream" if that is what you are referring to in that statement above.

can

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
If China continues to increase minimum wage at double digits we will see manufacturing jobs come back to the USA.  Here's the caveat, the jobs will be done by robotic automation systems.  What this means is the net jobs created will be very low.  Economist have seen the signals for 30 years but they weren't sure yet exactly why but now that automation is such a big thing, they are pretty sure productivity gains are due to robotic automation, hence wage growth stagnated.

you can't expect a republican to understand what you just wrote  :2funny: :idiot2:

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
There will always be the worker and the entrepreneur.  Both type of people are important and valuable.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
Evil k man...i can agree with him..

Due to the fact that I rather trust i someone with first hand experience than reading "news"..

Most "news" are never reported truthfully...

They will always for the most part report in a way to make them look good despite all the problems...

But when you actually work and see the inner workings...man, youll see all the issues...

But then when its time to report the progress...its always "good news"...

Man i use to work at this manufacturing plant... we had quality check machines...so much products would fail but they keep running it through after more than the "two" times you were suppose to utill finally the product pass.  One of the key thing was they wanted to keep waste down...so at the end of the night theyd re run all those products that failed the quality checks agian...

And going back to what I said... companies just only want to report that things are going well...

Becuase if we were to report that tonights waste was like 10 percent...that s too much!  So even when we couldnt pass the bad ones...you know what?  The waste numbers were mad to reflect a low low low percetage... 

The funnie thing is...during the quarterly review or dinners... the plant manager would praise all the workers for making fine products and keeping waste down....and obviously hed report to his boss's that things are going good at the plant...

And I see those numbers on the screen and I laugh to myself becuase those mangers are readig those numbers so seriously yet the truth is..thise numbers were really created purposely to look good.

I remember once we got a shipment sent back...it was big too becuase the quality was not good...it didnt pass the recievers quality checks....im thinking to myself like "well, this is what you get when you just try to cover problems in an effort to look good"...

So yeah... the whole point is...dont believe what you read all the time, its better to believe in someone who has first hand experience and sees things objectively reporting the facts becuase what really happens behind the scenes is usually way differet from what is reoprted...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2017, 04:26:39 PM »
Anyone seen that automated handburger flipper?

Yeah the demo looks good but...theres issues that machine is going to run into...

If you actually work in a fast food resturant...yo ull kow sometimes when you go to flip the burger or take the burger off you have to really scrape into it or else itll tear...

That grill has to be constantly scraped...

Those machines I can see will only really maybe be able to take off 1/2 good usable burgers.

Its also never going to br fast enough to keep up during rush hours or if a big order comes in...yet Im sure it will be reported as a success and saving alot of manpower and money. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »
Plus...when that automated flipper gets too much residue on its flipper edge, itll tear up all the burgers its trying to flip or take off....ever fast food worker knows you need a clean sharp edge flipper to flip burgers properly and take them off the grill...

So theyll have the machine...yet still need someone to clean the machine and grill constantly...i think it defeats the whole purpose and if its rush hour?  Probably have to send in a human to keep up with the orders...

So now its one robot and one man doing the job of one man.   Progress i guess?

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »
Republicans are stubborn and illogical so you won't change their minds.  Plus they like to think they're smart so they'll quote Fox news on you as if they knew what they were talking about.  Just let it go.  They forget very quickly and will move onto the next Fox news headliner as soon as  you can prove them wrong.

Ironic that a liberal would claim that Republicans think they are smarter when majority of his post says otherwise.
Beside, what you just describe can be applied to any liberal or Democrat just as readily. Just change the FOX news with any left biased news media such as MSNBC, Wash Post, Puffing Post, Salon, ThinkLiberals/Dems, etc.

So, Dems and Liberals are supporting "slave labor"? I thought they were all about fighting for the little guy.
The trade should be equalized and fair but China is charging tariff at a rate that's twice as much as the US on No-agriculture products and 4 times as much on agriculture products. How is that fair?

I guess the Dems and Libs don't care about equality and fairness as long as they get their stuff much cheaper.

By the way, don't expect a high tech or professional job to be around much longer either. They will follow the lead of the manufacturing jobs. Companies can get cheaper labor from oversea too.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
Ironic that a liberal would claim that Republicans think they are smarter when majority of his post says otherwise.
Beside, what you just describe can be applied to any liberal or Democrat just as readily. Just change the FOX news with any left biased news media such as MSNBC, Wash Post, Puffing Post, Salon, ThinkLiberals/Dems, etc.

So, Dems and Liberals are supporting "slave labor"? I thought they were all about fighting for the little guy.
The trade should be equalized and fair but China is charging tariff at a rate that's twice as much as the US on No-agriculture products and 4 times as much on agriculture products. How is that fair?

I guess the Dems and Libs don't care about equality and fairness as long as they get their stuff much cheaper.

By the way, don't expect a high tech or professional job to be around much longer either. They will follow the lead of the manufacturing jobs. Companies can get cheaper labor from oversea too.

I can't even. You just strung together random GOP rhetoric and facts from Google.

Advertisements