Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 51029 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2020, 06:25:16 PM »

What a year...loss of my dear cousin, my father, and the pandemic...  Never in my lifetime I'd imagine going through all these at once.  I miss my father and cousin and think of them everyday. They live in my heart and memories and many times I wish it's a dream I'm dreaming and any day any moment I see them strolling through the door, call my name once more...

A piece of my heart is missing; it's laughter replaced by sadness and grief... I try not to dwell too long but if I go there..that's what i find waiting for me...no matter how long this lifetime will be.  I'll be forever sad for this loss/this grief.    Now, all I can do is hold on to precious memories.. 

W/ a loss- you never get over it... You honor their memories, them, by living your best life the best way you know how, cherish each moment/each other, making memories ..

before the sands of time run out..

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:51:21 AM by Dok_Champa »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father and cousin, Dok_Champa.  I hope you find comfort in the memories of them.  *hugs*

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2020, 08:38:20 PM »
Sorry for your loss. Losing anyone we love is never easy. Make them proud by being the best that we can be.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »
Thank you ProudLao.

A timeless classic from a timeless hmong singer.  Thaj Chaw Qub...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCxNgxRavQ

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 08:33:51 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »
We are still going through the pandemic and the numbers are going up daily.  Right now Arizona, CA, and FL has the highest counts in positive rates and death.  Positive rates in my city is rising too and a few people I know tested positive and some even landed in the ICU.  Also, I have resume my normal work schedule at work and it's a little uneasy.  Yes, we're all wearing mask but still after seeing so many people in one day....I keep my fingers crossed.  I don't want to sound like a pessimist  but we are in a Pandemic and can't help being careful.  People are dying..

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2020, 05:01:04 PM »
Yup, it's scary.  I'd rather that the country shut down, everyone continue to social distance, and let the virus die out before we return to normal.  The risk just isn't worth it.  It's a tough time.  Kids need to be in school but it's better for them to continue distance learning until everything is safe.  We need to make sacrifices sometimes and I think this is one of those times where mankind needs to learn to make sacrifices.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »
THE NEXT CHAPTER

I can't wait for the next chapter of my life.  My kids are grown....the last son is off to college and my youngest is a senior.  She's a young lady turning 18 soon and becoming more and more independent. 

The next chapter of my life will be me and the old man...  Looking forward to  that..  As the years goes by, his gray hairs mirror my wrinkles... A walk in the park become cherished memories.. The other day, me, him, and our dog...watching the the sunset. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »

What a year...loss of my dear cousin, my father, and the pandemic...  Never in my lifetime I'd imagine going through all these at once.  I miss my father and cousin and think of them everyday. They live in my heart and memories and many times I wish it's a dream I'm dreaming and any day any moment I see them strolling through the door, call my name once more...

A piece of my heart is missing; it's laughter replaced by sadness and grief... I try not to dwell too long but if I go there..that's what i find waiting for me...no matter how long this lifetime will be.  I'll be forever sad for this loss/this grief.    Now, all I can do is hold on to precious memories.. 

W/ a loss- you never get over it... You honor their memories, them, by living your best life the best way you know how, cherish each moment/each other, making memories ..

before the sands of time run out..

4 months later, you got time to heal or at least you already got there.  With myself, I am going through it now.  I'm burying a hmong brother this friday.  A statistic to covid 19.  He was only in his 30s.  He left behind 3 young children.  A wife who also lost her brother to a stroke back in feb and he too was my friend who is also in his later 30s. 

You seen the stats and the figures and the numbers.  It doesn't make any sense to you until it hits closer to home.  We all go through our grieving process differently.  We may be angry or we go into isolation cuz we can not deal with the reality of things.  We may go on a blaming route which includes others and thy self.  All these are just natural human behaviors as a first defense as we try to cope with the lost of a love one.  If you die of covid, it is like a space rock hits you and you die.  We only have 6 months of data with covid so it is still new and it is what that is hard to swallow.  Had you die in any other ways, we have years upon years of data for it and I suppose you can call it the norm for being a human being.  It just hits you so fast.  His inlaws caught it, he was at their party so he isolated himself.  His blood oxygen level started to dropped to 90 and he had complication with his breathing.  He goes to the hospital and it goes further to 50.  This is when they put him on ventilation and covid is now 70% into his lungs.  Live on that ventilation machine for a few and you die.  You did not born to die like this.  It is like walking outside, gets mud on your shoes and you die.  It just not fair to how the cookie crumbles.  I can not even imagine how his parents are going through this.  It is like if death comes to his parents and saying which one of your kids are you going to allow me to take?  It is a tough decision that no parents should ever gone through.  Dying, you can't even die by yourself.  You let the living to deal with the turmoil of the death, funeral and beyond.  There is no word or shall I say the right word to explain or talk to the decease family.  I honestly do not even know how to even start a conversation when I see them this friday.  The usual , I'm sorry for your lost and my condolence goes to your family cliche will not be enough.  What to say to his young kids or to his wife? 

It hurts me just to think about it.  I have not cried yet and the closest is a knot in my throat but this friday, I may just do that, cry my eyes out along with their family cuz like I said, the story to how the cookie crumble makes no sense to me.  Death by a new method of dying.  Sometimes I think that the people that died so far this year and during the pandemic are missing out.  Vaccine are in the near future and they will not be around to see how the story of this pandemic in this modern day era will play out. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »
Election 2020 - Note to self

I am breathing a deep sign of relief.  Normalcy, decency is returning. 

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »
Election 2020 - Note to self

I am breathing a deep sign of relief.  Normalcy, decency is returning.

But.... Karendemic and Darendemic are still rising somewhere in America.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2020, 03:34:41 PM »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:37:07 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »
I went to the funeral of my college classmate.  We were young and struggling but we had big dreams and education was our ticket.  We worked hard, supported one another and finally we all graduated at the same times.  After graduation, we went our separate ways and did our best to live up to our dreams.  She became an influential member in her profession, in her community, and lovely mother to her children.  Though I don't see her often, deep in my heart, I always wish we live to our old age, with hair as white as snow, wrinkles carving in our eyes, and cheeks, see our children's children, etc... That hope and dream evaporated when I stand before her coffin and replaced with sorrow.  I looked over to her grieving children and words left me.  We looked at each and our eyes reflected our grief and pain, in our own way.  Shortly, after that I want to another funeral of an elderly and there too, words were few but the silence of grief is no less.

When I was young, it was hard to understand how old folks wailed so easily.  Now I've seen so many loss and wailing come easily from my heart and flowing out like rivers in my eyes...  Maybe people who knew grief and loss coined that phrase, "cry me a river..."

Loss and life, both inseparable...

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2020, 02:09:07 AM »
I went to the funeral of my college classmate.  We were young and struggling but we had big dreams and education was our ticket.  We worked hard, supported one another and finally we all graduated at the same times.  After graduation, we went our separate ways and did our best to live up to our dreams.  She became an influential member in her profession, in her community, and lovely mother to her children.  Though I don't see her often, deep in my heart, I always wish we live to our old age, with hair as white as snow, wrinkles carving in our eyes, and cheeks, see our children's children, etc... That hope and dream evaporated when I stand before her coffin and replaced with sorrow.  I looked over to her grieving children and words left me.  We looked at each and our eyes reflected our grief and pain, in our own way.  Shortly, after that I want to another funeral of an elderly and there too, words were few but the silence of grief is no less.

When I was young, it was hard to understand how old folks wailed so easily.  Now I've seen so many loss and wailing come easily from my heart and flowing out like rivers in my eyes...  Maybe people who knew grief and loss coined that phrase, "cry me a river..."

Loss and life, both inseparable...

Remind me of Rose in her old age telling her romantic stories to a group of researchers inside their ship.

https://youtu.be/F2RnxZnubCM

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2020, 03:42:24 PM »
Yes people that have gone are never far from our hearts and thoughts.. and a love like theirs...

can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go 'til we're gone

Still....our heart will go on....

Advertisements