Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 50940 times)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
Yes people that have gone are never far from our hearts and thoughts.. and a love like theirs...

can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go 'til we're gone

Still....our heart will go on....

Dok Champa, I imagine you'd be singing that lyric so good.

Looove can touch us one tiimme
And last forrrr aaa liiffee tiimme
And nee-ver let gooo 'tillll we're gooone

Stillll... my heart willlll goooo ooonnnnnnnnnn

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »
A sad night

Just heard the news, someone I know succumb to Covid-19.  What a sad night.  My heart is heavy & crying.  Ever since my father passed away, grief never left my side.  When I hear of news like this, my heart ache for those left behind.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
A sad night

Just heard the news, someone I know succumb to Covid-19.  What a sad night.  My heart is heavy & crying.  Ever since my father passed away, grief never left my side.  When I hear of news like this, my heart ache for those left behind.

You gotta lose enough to get numb.  I hope I don't have to endure another one at the expense of covid. 

It is like you are mad and sad but you are so helpless.  You just can not do enough to help save anyone else for all must walk their own line.  One simple mistake or putting your guards down can be that costly. 

2 that I know, the kids are the ones that bought it home but they lived while their parents died.  How are you gonna live the rest of your life, knowing that you killed your own parents? 

My gosh!!!   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2021, 02:08:30 PM »
Yes Duma, buồn quá. 

Snowing 

Right now it's snowing outside my windows.  It's amazing seeing those flakes falling down like feathers blowing in the wind .  Branches of trees bare and every now and then the neighborhood squirrels scurried hurriedly across the electric wire between the trees.  Every now and then, I see the family of deer in view looking for food.  Sometimes, they come across assorted apples, some of their favorites.  Every once in a blue blue moon, the stag comes out.  He's a beauty! Manificient horns branching out like tree limbs, and deep, intense eyes staring back at you.  He's well hidden but of course, I knew he's out there looking out for his family.  We have a mutual respect for one another and when our path crosses, we have this silent understanding.   On this snowy day, they're in hiding...proba bly taking covers under an evergreen bushes beyond the bare trees...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »
Coldest Day of The Year

I left a soda can in my car and overnight it exploded firing frozen soda clumps all over the front of my car: bottom, side, and top.  It's going to take meticulous cleaning which I dread of doing - too cold to think about it.  If I venture out, my bones would freeze first before the cleaning is complete.  For now, those dark stains staring back would be a constant reminder of bad idea leaving soda bottle on the coldest day of the year..

Another reminder, I was attending a funeral over the weekend.  During the day, the warmth of the kitchen kept  us warm but in the evening, the cold wash over my body, seeps into my bones, and slowly enters my interior.  A cup of hot coffee is a temporarily cure every now and then.  But it was a final good bye to a beloved community member and so everyone bear the cold in silence and grieve in our heart.  Yes, another loss to COVID-19, gone too soon.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2021, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
Yesterday

Whatever happened,  happened yesterday and whatever ended, ended yesterday.  Today I'm good.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2021, 12:55:12 AM »
Chanel

I came home tonight and a Chanel bag is on the counter staring at me.  Inside, I found a Chanel gift box and inside a Chanel purse, this one:

https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p/A01112Y0129594305/classic-handbag-lambskin-gold-tone-metal/

A birthday present I was told...

I did a little research tonight and what a pricy little thing too.  A house or two can be built for a deserving family or two in Laos  for the cost of this little thing...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:06:43 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2021, 06:09:16 AM »
Chanel

I came home tonight and a Chanel bag is on the counter staring at me.  Inside, I found a Chanel gift box and inside a Chanel purse, this one:

https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p/A01112Y0129594305/classic-handbag-lambskin-gold-tone-metal/

A birthday present I was told...

I did a little research tonight and what a pricy little thing too.  A house or two can be built for a deserving family or two in Laos  for the cost of this little thing...

Happy birthday, Dok_Champa! That was really nice of the person to give you a Chanel handbag.  O0  Some Chanel purses/handbags are classic and great investment pieces.  Like with many high-end luxury brands, Chanel will also repair handbags for people if there are any issues, only if they are authentic Chanel merchandise.  :)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2021, 08:40:06 AM »
Thanks Trouble and yes I am blessed w/ love for the Chanel bag and thanks for the info on Chanel.  Good to know.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
Happy birthday, Dok_Champa.  Regarding your gift, that was such a nice gesture, but if I were given a gift like that I'd tell the person to return it and just give me money.  I can do so much more useful things with the money (mortgage, food, house maintenance, a trip, etc.).  I see luxury purses and other things of that nature as wasteful.  But I'm happy to see that you are loved and thought of on your birthday!  You're a kind person.  You deserve it!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2021, 11:37:01 AM »
Thanks Lilly, agree with you.  The first thought came to mind last night was reselling and use the $$ for something else/better use.  I do appreciate the GIVER's love....

To be honest, I would not feel comfortable carrying such an expensive purse....I'll be self conscious I have such a thing on me and that's far from who I am ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »
Thanks Trouble and yes I am blessed w/ love for the Chanel bag and thanks for the info on Chanel.  Good to know.

You’re welcome!

Thanks Lilly, agree with you.  The first thought came to mind last night was reselling and use the $$ for something else/better use.   I do appreciate the GIVER's love....

To be honest, I would not feel comfortable carrying such an expensive purse....I'll be self conscious I have such a thing on me and that's far from who I am ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In regards to the highlighted: instead of reselling it, have the buyer or you return it.  That way, (s)he/you will receive all the funds back instead of just most of it if you were to resell.  Then use the funds for what you would prefer to do with it.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2021, 10:07:05 AM »
OCEAN

For the longest time I was lingering on your Ocean shore tossing message in a bottle.  Day of happiness, a bottle, days of sadness, days of nothingness, days of quiet and calm, days of excitement, days of stress, days of thinking, days of tears, days of love, days of reminiscing, days of encouragement & praise, days of hope.. Littering your shores w/ bottles everywhere...

For a long time I came, decades you can say....every once in a blue moon..

A shooting star, the lone solitary figure standing on your shoreline, scribbling message in the bottles before disappearing into the night sky.

Advertisements