Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 51217 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2022, 02:26:27 PM »
Another Loss

Mus zoo koj dablaug thiab hlob.  Life keeps going and going and going until it's gone. But Then You Look at Me and.... TO US. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0516P3uj-I&ab_channel=RicDiOlive

Lyrics
Laugh and cry
Live and die
Life is a dream we're dreaming

Day by day
I find my way
Look for the soul and the meaning

Then you look at me
And I always see
What I have been searching for
I'm lost as can be
Then you look at me
And I am not lost anymore

People run
Sun to sun
Caught in their lives ever flowing

Once begun
Life goes till it's gone
We have to go where it's going

Then you look at me
And I always see
What I have been searching for
I'm lost as can be
Then you look at me
And I am not lost anymore

And you say you see
When you look at me
The reason you love life so
Though lost I have been
I'll find love again
And life just keeps on running
And life just keeps on running
You look at me and life comes from you
From you

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 04:09:11 PM by Dok_Champa »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2023, 08:03:17 AM »
Danger of Excessive Drinking

An uncle passed away recently.  He went to a funeral and drank and drank and drank and had a fall in the restroom, not sure if he hit his head some where or not.  He was rushed to the hospital and passed away shortly after.  I believe he would still be here if not all that drinking. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2023, 07:13:33 PM »
Life Reflection

Hello Self we've made this far.  In my  20's finding You, starting a family, education & career.  In my 30's, continue w/ family, career, home ownership(s) & some community work.  In my 40's, family and lots of community work.  Now, empty nester and I can slowly let go of community work to focus on ME & him, just the two of us.  What a journey it has been, the up, down, and in between.  I've had my share of bitter & sweet

One thing I've not lost sight of who I am....true to myself, my flaws, strength, weakness.  Yes, more wrinkles are appearing....t hat's OK.  The sparkles in my eyes still shines.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2023, 11:16:11 AM »
He Clears The Snow

In our area we had a severe storm warning in the afternoon.  Schools were closed and people working 2nd shift were  home.  My car was covered in snow and he cleared them this morning and made sure the sidewalk, path to my car is clear.  That's love in action.   Count my blessings!

Like this post: +1

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2023, 09:13:31 PM »
Ladies trip this year, Sapa and Halong Bay among other places.  It's a few months from now but it's happening.... 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2023, 06:52:44 PM »
Suzume

I thought this would be a good anime to watch w/ my daughter.  Recently she went through some tough time and I was hoping this movie would bring a little comfort that it's going to be OK.  It sort of went as  I had hope and afterward we gave each other big hugs.  W/tears streaming down my face, I said, "I love you honey."  Being a mom is the toughest job in the entire world.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2023, 10:42:45 PM »
Queen of Rock, Gone!

Like minded, thanks Ms. Tina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw78mrc6K5A&ab_channel=Audioandlyrics

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2023, 06:42:26 PM »
Ib Lub Hnub Qub Yaj Ntsi

Note to Self:
Hnub no ib lub hnub qub yaj ntsi...mus zoo koj nyab :'( :'( :'(

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2023, 09:52:18 AM »
Cry Baby

I am such a cry baby.  I was watching Undercover Boss because it's a slow morning and I find myself w/ teary eyes because people shed tears of joy I shed tears of joy.  Thank goodness no one is coming through the door at the moment otherwise I'd get ask, "Are you ok" and it'll be so embarrassing to confess what happened ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2023, 08:52:45 PM »
He Clears The Snow

In our area we had a severe storm warning in the afternoon.  Schools were closed and people working 2nd shift were  home.  My car was covered in snow and he cleared them this morning and made sure the sidewalk, path to my car is clear.  That's love in action.   Count my blessings!

My love language is Acts of service too.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2023, 08:53:50 PM »
Ladies trip this year, Sapa and Halong Bay among other places.  It's a few months from now but it's happening....

How fun!!!  Hope you have lots of fun and laughter on your trip!

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2023, 08:59:06 PM »
Suzume

I thought this would be a good anime to watch w/ my daughter.  Recently she went through some tough time and I was hoping this movie would bring a little comfort that it's going to be OK.  It sort of went as  I had hope and afterward we gave each other big hugs.  W/tears streaming down my face, I said, "I love you honey."  Being a mom is the toughest job in the entire world.

Yes, being a mom is the toughest job in the world.  We feel so much stuff for our kids.  They are our life.  It's so had to watch our kids being sad, etc.  I love no one else more than my kids.  They are #1 always, then it's whoever's else.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2023, 09:27:21 PM »
I have been in Vietnam for almost two weeks.  It's amazing! I've seen so many places that took my breath away.  Have you ever seen something so beautiful that you'd want to cry from within your soul?  The limestone rocks of Halong Bay, boat trip thru Trang An, the mountains of Ta Xua, the rice terraces of Mu cang chai, the hotspring of Tram Tau, the beauty of SAPA, all so breathtaking.  Ha Giang's mountain peaks and my goodness the steep road of Ma Pi Leng!  Some moments were scary but over all it wasn't that bad.
Lord I am bless to see with my own eyes the beauty of your creation and along the way i've created lasting memories.  Right now is my last night in Vietnam.  Ues I am in Meo Vac in one of those homestays I hear so much about.  It is quiet now and a feeling of sadness overcome me.  This might be the first and last time I set foot in this place.  I want the magic to remain a little longer. 

Lord thank you for keeping me protected n safe in this journey.  Thank you for allowing me to fulfill one of my bucket lists.  I still have more to go.  Life is beautiful!

In this journey thru Ha Giang, I see poverty in my Hmong people.  Heartbreaking but I must be over reacting as a tourist.  Yes they are poor but they are proud people who does not mind the hard work as evidence of the rice terraces winding up the mountain peaks, where I have to bend my head backward w/ my eyes tracing upward.  The children smiles and love is here among my people.  Lord bless and comfort them.

Now, it's me, the moon and the stillness of the night......unt il...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2023, 10:51:01 AM »
Life is Unpredicatable

Kuv yuav luag tsis pom PH lawm.  Zoo siab tias tseem muaj hnub no.

Advertisements