Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2017, 03:34:56 PM »
River Walk

Iím fortunate to be working near a River walk-a winding path along the edge of a river on both side for a few miles.    Every now and then Iíd be having my lunch here, especially on a beautiful day.  Today was no exception -there I was sitting by the River walk w/ a delicious Banh Mi and observing people rowing canoes on the river.  Every now and then a river cruise happen and bridges would be lifted for the cruise boat to pass.  That was a headache for pedestrians and cars but Iím sure people inside the boat got a nice view of everyone stopping in traffic. 

Itís beautiful here Ė large hanging baskets up on lamp posts and planters on the ground,  vine arches between the walk way, and in some location, comfortable seating on the edge of the river for socializing, an open theatre, tables and chairs under huge umbrella, restaurants, and huge tall sky scrapper/buildings..

Iíve never visited in the evening but I can imagine a romantic evening w/ the lamp post lights as lanterns and music flowing in the wind, the crisp evening air, a lovely companion, laughter, food and wine.  One shouldnít be here alone at night Ė itíll be too lonely I imagine.  The night belongs to couples and everyone can come during the day.

Maybe some see this place as nothing more than a dirty, polluted river. 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:06 AM »
Doing the Right Thing/ Txoj Kev Ua Zoo/A Good Person

Iím venting.  I can walk away and treat her how she treated me because I've no relation to her through blood.  When her health is at her most critical, she needed me.  She came to live with me because she knew I could take care of her but her heart and mind wasnít with me.  Her body is there but her heart is somewhere else. When she is well, her love and care goes to her blood.   Now she is at her most critical, half of her body immobilized Ė needs total care, should my love and care go to her?

My hurt says treat her as how she treated me.  But my heart and soul wouldnít let me.  It says, if you can only do good when others are good to you, are you really a good person?  It says if you can only do the right thing when it benefits you the most, are you actually doing the right thing?

Yes, sometimes doing the right thing, being a good person, txoj kev zoo, is hard because sometimes the only thank-you you get is a clear conscience- Yours.

God, give me the strength to love others as you have love me.  You lay down your life for me when Iím most underserving.  Rid me of my bitterness so I can do what is right and love others as you've loved me.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:49:16 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:44:43 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=7D5K9RmwLBg

FYI, I don't speak Thai but looks like this song is kho kho siab and the music video is well made: Simple and effective. Want to jump into the screen and look at the stars w/ him hehehehhehehe. ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRen1XYX14

And this one, I just want to pass a handkerchief along, seem like a sad and depressing song.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:40:55 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Today at 09:01:46 AM »
Seeing people drink Soju in Kdrama reminds me of my first introduction to Korean Soju.

My husband and I attended a hmong function and the host gave me a carton of Korean Soju (clear alcoholic drink in glass bottle) to toast with the ladies.  Of course, I thought they were water.  I said to the ladies, "Great, they're just water so let's each take a bottle."  Well, my first sipped confirm it wasn't water n the toast was pretty done at that point. 

Advertisements