Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 51088 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Note to self:  I passed over them thinking.....b ut not bad, was pleasantly surprised. 

Hmong Group:  FBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP_SE4WhAAo&index=13&list=RDMM05THna6gWSs

Tank Chang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8O4n3g52_4

*Like better than the original.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »
I'm so excited!

An airline service will be providing direct/non stop flight to San Diego and that means I can go more often.  Price is not bad - $49 one way.   Yipppeeeee!  I can go dip my feet in the ocean and come back ;D ;D ;D OR I can lounge around by the Ocean and dip fully into it and then come back....(with plenty of sun burn) :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
Bee Zeee Bee Zee........... .............. Bee Zeee!!!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »
I'm counting down the days, hours, and minutes before I see you again.  I can't wait to walk on your shores  and touch your salty air. I've been researching and know where I want to be.  But, I'm just glad I was able to come back.  Soon, we'll see each other once more and I can embrace you again.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
3 weeks and I'll see you.  Can't wait to delight myself in your heat!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 02:16:34 PM »
Note to self:  Life should include sad songs and beautiful scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onxMzmA1V-Q

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:20:33 PM by Dok_Champa »

Like this post: +1

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2018, 08:52:30 AM »
Bee zee bee zeee...

Saturday we left the house at 6 am and arrived at our destination around 10 am.  Stay until 4pm and then left to another place 3 hours away for a fundraising event.  Stayed there until 10:30 pm and the husband was already under the influence of alcohol so I was the lone driver during the 4 hour long drive. 

Yes, I was tired and driving along some foggy country roads did not put my imagination to rest either:  Some ghoulish creatures lurking among the trees, appearing on the side of the roads, in the middle of the roads, running alongside my car...it was a perfect setting for a horror movie, my thoughts ;D ;D:  Foggy road, solitary car, a night as dark as coal, heavily wooded, cornfields, cars break down, no phone signal, etc... After awhile, my imagination humors me more than anything and
I found myself smiling and my heart at peace.

Finally, in the early morning hours we arrived and me probably looking like a woman on her PMS  ;D ;D but there was a huge event in town and all the hotels were rented out.  Fasting backwards a few days ago, the hubby said not to worried plenty of hotels.  Anyway, I did the best thing:  Slept in the hotel parking lot -  and at the crack of dawn left to get ready at an Aunty's place.  Throughout the day, lots of activities (political & social) and did not get home until 4 am today. 

A student came in, took one look at me and knew I did not get a good rest  :D :D :D :D :D 

I'm still feeling like a zombie...been yawning all morning.  If someone ask me do I want $$, good food, or nice bed...I choose a nice bed.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:25:07 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »
Another bee zeeee weekend.  A quiet Friday and this is my tune at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ubrA5SsUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-XhQeFzW4

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:23:03 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »
Another bee zee wekeend....hea ding out of town to a hmong event.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »
Entering another milestone in life.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
I've been attending too many funerals lately and it's not for the elderly anymore.  People my age and younger who passed away from terminal illness.  Just last weekend, I was at a funeral for a young lady 25 years old.  Two days ago, a friend of mine, same age as me, passed away.  Next weekend, heading to 2 funerals.  Life is short and precious.... like sands in an hour glass.  Count your blessing and cherished your loved ones. 

This is for you, dear friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcVcmWHvsO0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2019, 12:51:09 PM »
Note to self: 

"Hmoob txoj kev HLUB yuav tsum ua ob txog hauj lwm thiaj txhais tau tias HLUB no. HLUB yuav tsum muaj qhov hais (emotion expressed) thiab qhov yus yuav tsum nqis tes ua (action)."

*Anonymous Quotes

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2019, 08:25:44 AM »
So tired...and I'm going to need a few days to recover.  Thursday had a big event at home which means lots of cooking, etc.  Friday was decorating for the another event.  Saturday was another bigger which means more work.  Sunday was another smaller event at home but still lots of cooking.....

and today, Monday... so tired.  Feel like a zombie today.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
Sister Not of the Same Mother

Koj mus ua neej lawm thov kom koj mus tau lub neej zoo ua rau peb muaj lub chawv vam kev kaj siab nrog koj....

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »
Ok, so I get butterflies in my stomach when I come across scene like these... and that warm fuzzy feelings.  May I never lose that fluttering in my heart no matter how old I become.  Love is a beautiful thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i282C1Yp7_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zMPkLSOEKk

Advertisements