Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 51002 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2019, 04:23:27 PM »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Road trip to the west was great!  Wyoming has open spaces where cows roamed, dry twigs thrived, and hot springs/geysers to your heart's contents.  The Grand Teton, what a majestic mountains...an d trails leading to it w/ the waterfalls, cool breeze, and stunning views..  At the top, you're eye to eye w/ mountain glaciers and see the cool mist rising up.

Denver -surrounds by mountains ranges..oh the mountain ranges and the drive up can either be described as nightmarish or joyfully high.  For me, it was  both - driving so close to the ledge - imagining falling off to the valleys below.  No guard rails, narrow roads, and an adrenaline journey.  The view at the top of the world is spectacular!  Mountains ranges w/ their glaciers peaks close up view, deep valleys below w/ green vegetation, winding river, roads, and dotted houses in the distance.  The air is fresh, crisp, and cool.  Every now and then a critter of some sort - or one that looks like a hedge hog scurried along -probably looking soft petting or a quick meal.  That darn thing looks well fed and I'm guessing much loved from those who ventures to the top.  So this is what the top the world looks like  - where the clouds, land, mist touched...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
A song by a favorite singer of mines.  For people in this situation, just leave and be free.  You deserve better. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acz05Y0cqeQ

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Sister Not of the Same Mother

Koj mus ua neej lawm thov kom koj mus tau lub neej zoo ua rau peb muaj lub chawv vam kev kaj siab nrog koj....
She came back.  The guy was more interested in her $$ and when he found out she was broke, she came back.   If I have a magic wand, I'll find her a nice man but tus kuv nyiam ces nws tsis nyiam tus nws nyiam ces kuv tsis nyiam.  Txoj kev hlub tiag nrhiav nyuaj kawg li. 

My life is like a busy bee:  Went to a Pre New Year opening, fundraising, and funerals.  Believe it or not, work is where I get to rest heheheheh....

Also, my house is becoming an empty nester..w/ only a child left.  3 of us in a big house.  It's a nice feeling to see your kids grown and becoming more and more independent.  I can breathe a little sigh of relief and have more time for each other, spouse and I.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »
Memory Lane

Some of you weren't even born yet when these songs became popular :D :D :D

This song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHutZXREZ0E

I heard it the first time when I met my first crush at a Hmong New Year.  I was an out of town girl coming to the Hmong New Year and at the time we didn't have hmong band, singers like today.. So at the time we had DJ playing popular mainstream music at the time.  She was very popular.  Anyway, there I was the new girl and the room was a little dark.  Suddenly, this guy came up and grab my hands for a dance.  Of courses, I followed him and this song was on.  He glanced at me intently and I glanced up and really took a good look at him and he was pretty cute ehhehehe... Later on I found out he was a grade up above me. 

After the New year we kept in touch.  One day we hung out and this other song was playing in the background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09LuDYX12g&list=RDxuZA6qiJVfU&index=28

Yes he was my first crush.  Our lives took a different turn but I wouldn't change a thing.   

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:15:52 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »
My Elementary School

After 30 some plus years I finally step foot into my old elementary school.  Walking through the place is like walking through memories of years ago:  Playing w/ rubber band braid jumping rope, double dutch, playing catch, my first crush happened here.  One morning he was standing by the door to the lunch room and I was running inside, getting breakfast.  For some reason, I stopped when I saw him and we looked at each other, not saying a word.  I left to get breakfast and he got a carton of milk and came slowly to my table walking back and forth drinking it while staring at me  Of course, with each stare my face become hotter and hotter like flames on my cheek.  Of course, I continue w/ breakfast as if I didn't notice anything but inside I was a mess ahhaahhhahhaha hahahahahah.  Those were the innocent days..

Another memory, the ESL class.  We had a vietnamese guy for a teacher and he would demonstrate pronunciation by saying"lower your lips upper teeth...La La, "  Also, he introduces to us to American culture and music.  I learned my Pledge of Allegiance here and those beloved National songs..  He would write the lyrics on a big chart and w/ his guitar we would sing to My Country Tis of Thee, God Bless America, This Land Is Your Land, etc..

All these memories and more came over me as I walked the school ground.  I wondered where my classmates have disappeared to, how they're doing in life, how many have passed on, and how many have returned and walked the school ground as I have.  Everyone has been long one now and only my memories remains and so my memories I take with me.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 09:46:04 AM »
3 Eyes

In Life, one must have 3 eyes.  Two to observes and learn from others and the third to reflect and improve one's self.
-Ying Chang

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2019, 09:33:23 AM »
Busy Life

The last 20 years or so I've always been so busy.  I thought that when I reach this AGE right now I would be less busy..I thought I would be zipping coconut in some exotic island some where ...dipping in an infinity pool overlooking a cliff high above the ocean and mountain views on my left and right and before me the ocean stretch as far as the eyes can see.... and if I close my eyes..I'd hear the breeze calling my name...hahhaha ha..

But no, busy busy busy..  To be honest..I'm not busy for myself.. but for others.

Why do I do it?  I hope one day peb hmoob sib hlub, sib pab, sib khoom ua ib pab ib pawg...  That's why.

But yeah...sometim es I wonder what life would be like if I don't give a care about peb hmoob this or that and just think about me..... maybe I would be zipping that coconut...dipp ing in an infinity pool overlooking a cliff w/ the vastness of the sea stretched before me as far as the eyes can see...

To be honest, I dream of both... and so much more. 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2019, 03:07:10 PM »
Mus zoo koj dablaug hnub no koj tu mob tsis tso koj tseg.  Mus nrog vajtswv nyob ib hnub peb mam sib ntsib nyob ua kev mus tag ib sim tsis muaj hnub ncaim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcVcmWHvsO0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2020, 08:41:39 AM »
Mus zoo koj kuv txiv....yuav hlub, yuav nco, yuav tshua, yuav mob siab, yuav khuv xim mus tag ib sim until my last breathe..... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcVcmWHvsO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2545e32pdg

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:03:15 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syl2sCfi2WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54FhGC2Wkb8

Zaj dab neeg no yog ib zag w/ ill fated destiny.  Yes it's just a movie created from someone's imagination in an imaginative world but still......... ...........In a corner of my soul I can relate.

And that is being human.  As you go through life you enjoy the sweetness of life along with the bitterness... 

so you don't take life and love for granted.  I've always been a very stubborn soul.....who believes in needles in haystack.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:19:00 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
Note to self:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2qxjtTvnU

*It's been awhile since I came across another drama that I really liked... the last one was The General and I...  and in this drama focus on that enduring love, love conquers, pure love, etcc  The one before that Queen Seondok, a tragic love - deep tragedy...... and this one, another enduring love, innocent & pure, 

These three dramas took love to that next level where you don't really see in others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFrGYUq8aA

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:18:21 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »
Note to self:

I really like this song but no clue what she's saying... and singer is pretty good...beautif ul too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36h0-Z6KbL0&list=RD36h0-Z6KbL0&start_radio=1

I think this must be the original singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHNbpbjr0s8

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:37:15 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »
you listening to old music

try this to make you feel young and grow a bigger butt   :2funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmdd7VAQVq8

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2020, 10:29:55 AM »
I just got done watching the final two episodes of Three World Three Lives the Pillow Book and I can say I'm feeling a little warm, fuzzy, at the moment.  Yes it's only a drama and fantasy at that...but when you watch a relationship developed from the beginning to the end, see the hardship and triumphs in the name of love..that does something to a person you know ahhaha.. Unless of course one doesn't believe in love or care for those things..

Although this is only a TV show....I always learn something when I watch these sort of shows..  In this drama....yes.. falling in love happens and sometimes happen naturally....t hat's just the first step to love... but the journey to love is hard....but very rewarding at the end.  To have that person to truly love you as you him is beautiful. 

But I say again and again, love is a beautiful thing..truly the one thing makes the world go round and round and round.. that sunshine on a rainy day... that warmth in a cold world.. .and sometime in everyday life..you feel defeated at times..but love makes everything all right..

Yeah..I know my dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin..and all those feel good hormones are working now ..feeling warm, fuzzy...w/ all these love stuffs...so getting a little philosophical. .

In my life..talking about my view of love.. If I was dating, I wouldn't be afraid to go to a man if I am really into him.  I wouldn't be afraid to tell how I feel, truly how i feel once i know certain how I feel.  I'd go to the moon and back if I  have too but he would want to do the same.. feel the same....

That's my standard.  No matter how much I may love a guy or like a guy.. If he doesn't feel as I do... I'm the last woman knocking on his door.. No need to be clingy.. No need to bother each other....

The best kind of Love is finding a person who truly loves you..love you for your flaws, your strength, and everything in between.  Love you for you as you him.  That's beautiful...an d that's the sort of love everyone should strive in life.  When you find that..you are very blessed indeed....

Yes, I'm this sort of fools...

Advertisements