Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 22478 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2019, 04:23:27 PM »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Road trip to the west was great!  Wyoming has open spaces where cows roamed, dry twigs thrived, and hot springs/geysers to your heart's contents.  The Grand Teton, what a majestic mountains...an d trails leading to it w/ the waterfalls, cool breeze, and stunning views..  At the top, you're eye to eye w/ mountain glaciers and see the cool mist rising up.

Denver -surrounds by mountains ranges..oh the mountain ranges and the drive up can either be described as nightmarish or joyfully high.  For me, it was  both - driving so close to the ledge - imagining falling off to the valleys below.  No guard rails, narrow roads, and an adrenaline journey.  The view at the top of the world is spectacular!  Mountains ranges w/ their glaciers peaks close up view, deep valleys below w/ green vegetation, winding river, roads, and dotted houses in the distance.  The air is fresh, crisp, and cool.  Every now and then a critter of some sort - or one that looks like a hedge hog scurried along -probably looking soft petting or a quick meal.  That darn thing looks well fed and I'm guessing much loved from those who ventures to the top.  So this is what the top the world looks like  - where the clouds, land, mist touched...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
A song by a favorite singer of mines.  For people in this situation, just leave and be free.  You deserve better. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acz05Y0cqeQ

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Sister Not of the Same Mother

Koj mus ua neej lawm thov kom koj mus tau lub neej zoo ua rau peb muaj lub chawv vam kev kaj siab nrog koj....
She came back.  The guy was more interested in her $$ and when he found out she was broke, she came back.   If I have a magic wand, I'll find her a nice man but tus kuv nyiam ces nws tsis nyiam tus nws nyiam ces kuv tsis nyiam.  Txoj kev hlub tiag nrhiav nyuaj kawg li. 

My life is like a busy bee:  Went to a Pre New Year opening, fundraising, and funerals.  Believe it or not, work is where I get to rest heheheheh....

Also, my house is becoming an empty nester..w/ only a child left.  3 of us in a big house.  It's a nice feeling to see your kids grown and becoming more and more independent.  I can breathe a little sigh of relief and have more time for each other, spouse and I.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »
Memory Lane

Some of you weren't even born yet when these songs became popular :D :D :D

This song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHutZXREZ0E

I heard it the first time when I met my first crush at a Hmong New Year.  I was an out of town girl coming to the Hmong New Year and at the time we didn't have hmong band, singers like today.. So at the time we had DJ playing popular mainstream music at the time.  She was very popular.  Anyway, there I was the new girl and the room was a little dark.  Suddenly, this guy came up and grab my hands for a dance.  Of courses, I followed him and this song was on.  He glanced at me intently and I glanced up and really took a good look at him and he was pretty cute ehhehehe... Later on I found out he was a grade up above me. 

After the New year we kept in touch.  One day we hung out and this other song was playing in the background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09LuDYX12g&list=RDxuZA6qiJVfU&index=28

Yes he was my first crush.  Our lives took a different turn but I wouldn't change a thing.   

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:15:52 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »
My Elementary School

After 30 some plus years I finally step foot into my old elementary school.  Walking through the place is like walking through memories of years ago:  Playing w/ rubber band braid jumping rope, double dutch, playing catch, my first crush happened here.  One morning he was standing by the door to the lunch room and I was running inside, getting breakfast.  For some reason, I stopped when I saw him and we looked at each other, not saying a word.  I left to get breakfast and he got a carton of milk and came slowly to my table walking back and forth drinking it while staring at me  Of course, with each stare my face become hotter and hotter like flames on my cheek.  Of course, I continue w/ breakfast as if I didn't notice anything but inside I was a mess ahhaahhhahhaha hahahahahah.  Those were the innocent days..

Another memory, the ESL class.  We had a vietnamese guy for a teacher and he would demonstrate pronunciation by saying"lower your lips upper teeth...La La, "  Also, he introduces to us to American culture and music.  I learned my Pledge of Allegiance here and those beloved National songs..  He would write the lyrics on a big chart and w/ his guitar we would sing to My Country Tis of Thee, God Bless America, This Land Is Your Land, etc..

All these memories and more came over me as I walked the school ground.  I wondered where my classmates have disappeared to, how they're doing in life, how many have passed on, and how many have returned and walked the school ground as I have.  Everyone has been long one now and only my memories remains and so my memories I take with me.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 09:46:04 AM »
3 Eyes

In Life, one must have 3 eyes.  Two to observes and learn from others and the third to reflect and improve one's self.
-Ying Chang

Advertisements