Advertisement

Author Topic: Life's Milestones  (Read 50998 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Life's Milestones
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2022, 08:40:21 PM »
Chicago Trip & Sister Nuns

I have two sister nuns visiting from another country and they have been in the US studying for the past 3 1/2 years but did not get a chance to explore.  They did not know anyone and the sister nuns they were living with did not take them anywhere.  They'll be leaving the US soon.   I asked my friend if they could come along with us on the trip and she said no problem.

We went to a spa for a few hours before heading downtown.  It was the first time the sisters witness such busy city and the sky scrappers!  It was a cold night and we decided to stay in.  Early the next morning, we walked to mass (it was beautiful) and then explored the downtown area for a bit.  After that, we left to China town for lunch then off to another place then home.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2022, 08:33:14 PM »
Feeling Nostalgia

I rushed inside the restaurant and the cashier was surprised to see me.  With a smile, I said, "Sir, I would like to cancel my order.  My event has been cancelled."  He rushed thru the door to the kitchen.  While waiting, I glanced around the restaurant and noticed her, my old college friend.  My face lit up and I rushed over, "Hey (name), how wonderful to see you" and gave her a hug.    She introduced me to her table and I said, "Your mom and I are college buddies. "  She aged somewhat, the prominent gray hair and lines on  her face, and in that moment, I remember the young lady of our youth with her vibrant curls and contagious laughter.  I took off my mask and smiles, "Did you ever spoke to (name)?"  She replied, "Oh, we spoke almost everyday." 
Suddenly the cashier returns and I rushed over to get my change (pre-paid) and then I returned and replies, "Tell (name) you saw me" and to which she replies, "It's going to be my gossip story of the day."  She told me about her recent trip to Cali and my city was a stopover for a quick dinner before she continues on her way home.  We are facebook friends but I've been neglecting my facebook account....but it's so wonderful to see her in person.  We chatted for a while and then I left....(didn't want to get ticketed for parking in the BUS lane).

Driving, I thought back to our college days.  She, me, and her..... uncertain future, full of hopes & dreams.  Those were the days......

« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 08:36:06 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »
Note to Self: 

Be sure to stay at Beacon Pointe (hotel) in Duluth MN and explore..

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2022, 06:26:05 PM »
Michigan

Went to a wedding in Michigan, first time visiting that part of the world.  Drove through blueberries and apple orchards, interesting.  The memories of my youth-farm labors picking blueberries came to mind.  I saw myself in those rows and rows of blueberries bushes and knew exactly what the harvest look like.  You just do especially that one summer you eat, breathe blueberries.

The beach there looks so much better than the beach from my side of the world: fine white sands, patches of tall grass on sloping sand hills, boardwalk leading to the beach, beautiful weather, fresh breeze..I could really spend a day or two lounging around.

I love the beach n the ocean... and this beach in Michigan gives me that vibes.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2022, 08:40:34 AM »
Tropical

I landed on your shore and went up your mountains, the majestic mountain with hot springs bubbling at it's feet.  I bathe in them and stress fell away.  You nourish my soul.  Walking through the canopy, birds, monkey cries in the distance, rushing rivers, and deep foliage all blends into harmony. 

The Pacific meets the shore and house doted up the hills overlooking cliffs, waves crashing, dolphins circling, and the afternoon rain a predictable fate.  People coming and going and going and coming, the locals & the tourists. 

Every morning a man and wife sells their crafts in the early morning light and a man hoping to sell a tour or two as well.

A world far away not sure when I'll return.  Pura Vida!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2022, 04:27:04 PM »
I need to get a dog, a companion.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2022, 02:24:54 PM »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2022, 04:04:07 PM »
Celebration

Around the corner is a celebration and I've been planning it for awhile:  Food, entertainment, decorations, etc..all in my head before it happens.  Still, hope for the best and will be very busy. So, my decorator can't make it.  Need to problem solve.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 08:46:48 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2022, 07:42:27 PM »
Childhood Friend

Found out a childhood friend has been searching for me for a few years and today is the lucky day.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2022, 08:34:50 AM »
A Dream Fulfilled

As mothers, we wish the best for our children, encourage them to pursue their full potential but my daughter you exceeded mines.  Congrats! So proud of you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
Life is Blessing

Remember that, Life Is A Blessing.  As life goes by, our circle of friends, relatives, people we know/familiar with become smaller and smaller. It's sad and sometimes I can't cry anymore.

Enjoy the moment you have and don't take such moment for granted. 

Ua tsaug tus hlub, koj hlub kuv os.  I am blessed.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:54:50 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2022, 03:13:55 PM »
Minus One

Hnub no MINUS ONE.  Yua nco/tshuav koj mus tag ib sim.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2022, 10:21:03 PM »
Hello from Fresno. My how things have changed… got lost n got lost some more..

I was also in Sacramento and had lunch at Pho Viet on El Camino.  I had the noodle dish w/ eggrolls/char broiled pork/shrimp etc.. and it was good.

Oh yes, visited Folsom Lake nearby and hmmmm...low water level.  Must be a fun place to hang out during high water level.  I'm so thankful for our bigggggg lake here:)

Oh, traffic in Fresno and Sac are a lot more busy then I thought.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:57:43 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2022, 12:06:13 PM »
Less Busy Life

My weekends are booked now until the end of the year.  I hope for a less busy life next year and more family, personal time.  Yes Santorini is calling.  One day I shall see you.  You're on my bucket.

Advertisements