Advertisement

Author Topic: It matters what you drive too...  (Read 2333 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
It matters what you drive too...
« on: December 24, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »
I took my brother to go buy a truck.

I couldnt help but to think that if we had not rolled in with my s2k not alot of salesperson woyldve came out and talk to us or even took us seriously.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: It matters what you drive too...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »
Yep. When I see S2000 drivers I automatically think "Truck owner!".

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
Yep. When I see S2000 drivers I automatically think "Truck owner!".

Perhaps they were looking at a topless Dakota?  ???:

As far as what you drive matters goes, it depends...

I know someone that used to sell car and they love people that come in with an old beater because more than likely it'll be a trade in for a new/newer vehicle...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:19:22 PM by theking »

Blongforever

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »
I rolled in my 1982 Corola and they still came out to talk to me.  Whachu say about that?

I know they know that I needed a new car.  O0 O0

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 10:40:00 PM »
Rolled in Chevrolet with my 96 maxima and no one greets me.  Came back weeks later with my vette that I bought elsewhere and before I got out, there was already a salesman. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 03:59:46 PM »
I just built mine online and waited 4 months for it. When I went to go pick it up there was a crowd around the car. I rolled up in my 2001 Acura CL(all stock). They were like,"Who's car is this?"(About the new car) I said "mine" and they thought I was kidding. Came back out in a few and drove it off. LOL

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 04:03:35 PM by Boost »

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 06:08:42 PM »
I used to sell cars while going to college.  I didn't do it for the money but for the experiences so that I can buy one myself.  You know the tricks that they could pull on you, someone on the inside gotta learn the trade to be one up on them. 

The car the I bought, I told them straight up that I used to sell cars for a living.  Upon hearing that, all they wanted to do is to talk about the job and how different they are against my former boss at toyota dealership and less focus on the selling part.  In and out quick. Even the finance manager did not even push to sell me them $400 floor mats either.  They just gave up.   :2funny:

Pro tip:  I look for a family with kids.  They are the sure buyer.  Buying a car is a whole family experiences.  On a side note, because I was the youngest sales guy on the force, they pushes them "jacks" aka guys that are not commit in buying any car but just wanted a test drive onto me.  I no care since I was there for the experiences and I needed the training on how to sell.  I stopped pushing for a sale and just be a customer service guy with info.  Amazingly, they bought from me.  I had to split 50% of the credit to the other sorry azz sales guy though.  It is called a hello turn, meaning that they go say hi to a customer and they would turn it to another guy to close the deal.  50/50 easy money.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements