Advertisement

Author Topic: Women buyers is why the Stang beat the Camaro over the years even the Focus RS..  (Read 1859 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
..lose out to the Stang. I definitely see more women driving Mustang than Camaro over the years too especially convertibles.. .:

Ford's iconic muscle car Mustang has bagged the Women's Performance Car of the Year 2016, adding yet another feather to its cap.

Up against as many as 294 competitors, Mustang emerged as the top performance car in the Women's World Car of the Year award, pipping its closest contender, the acclaimed Ford Focus RS, by just one point.

"Ford Mustang is surprisingly loved by women who are after a sexy, sporty, masculine car that turns heads," said Juliet Potter, Women's World Car of the Year jury member from Australia. "Combining the car's silver-screen celebrity status with real-life practicality, Mustang screams, 'I am in control!' and delivers the same behind the wheel with above-average grip and suspension."

Ford also sells Mustang in India. The car made its India entry in July with a price tag of Rs 65 lakh and is said to have received a good response in the market. The two-door four-seater sports car is available in India in only one variant – the GT Fastback – and it is the first version that comes with factory designed right-hand-drive, which is the export model brought to India as CBU (Completely Built Unit).

At the heart, Mustang gets the legendary V8 engine that is tuned to churn out 524Nm of torque, propelling the car to 240kmph. It features fully independent rear suspension system and the transmission is handled by a six-speed SelectShift automatic gearbox. Mustang is equipped with paddle shifters, powering the rear axle. The car will offer four driving modes — Normal, Sport+, Track and Snow or Wet.

Personally the I prefer the looks of the Camaro more over the years...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

vl

Mustangs always offered more in terms of bang for buck when compared to Camaro.  Camaro still has the power over performance attitude where as Mustang has swayed over to the balance of performance.

Hitokiri

Doesn't surprise me. The Mustang is an American icon and probably more then any other car besides maybe the Corvette. The Mustang is basically what the Civic and Accord are to Honda - iconic best selling cars.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Mustangs always offered more in terms of bang for buck when compared to Camaro.  Camaro still has the power over performance attitude where as Mustang has swayed over to the balance of performance.

Doesn't surprise me. The Mustang is an American icon and probably more then any other car besides maybe the Corvette. The Mustang is basically what the Civic and Accord are to Honda - iconic best selling cars.

Fair points gentlemen...

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
8k rpm V8 is pretty appealing.  8) O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I had a Vette and the torque of a "V8" can get addicting... O0

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
I had a Vette and the torque of a "V8" can get addicting... O0

No doubt. Got some seat time in my buddy's C5Z and it was pretty fun. Coming out of a corner is pretty beasty.   O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Advertisements