Advertisement

Author Topic: Shady Lube Shop  (Read 2181 times)

Blongforever

Shady Lube Shop
« on: December 30, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »
I do my own maintenance on my toys because I know there are crooks out there that will rip you off at any chance they get.

This shady place is located in our northern neighbor but I'm sure there are plenty of shady lube/mechanic shops around here in the states, too.  Not saying that all are shady.

https://youtu.be/-avpx8UTakI

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: Shady Lube Shop
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »
I only go to trusted places where I had good experiences. Places like Wal-Mart scare me.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:26:24 PM »
They always be ripping me off, but somehow, i always go to the dealers!  :idiot2:

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

vl

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
It may sound weird, but I only go to dealerships for maintenance and do it at home for repairs.  Can't beat the oil change, free coffee and car wash at the dealership for $30.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 12:24:33 PM »
Well, my family is a Toyota car family and we only get them serviced at the Toyota dealership because they know the make and we have never had a faulty service done form them ever.

You get what you pay for :D something to think about.

Blongforever

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »
It may sound weird, but I only go to dealerships for maintenance and do it at home for repairs.  Can't beat the oil change, free coffee and car wash at the dealership for $30.

How do you guarantee that your engine oil is being serviced as it supposed to?  My fear is that some potheads who work at minimum wage at the place might just add some cheap lubes with dirts in it, wipe it off and call it a day.  Scary thought but I'm sure that happened quite often.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:38:16 PM by Blongforever »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »
I do my own maintenance on my toys because I know there are crooks out there that will rip you off at any chance they get.

Same here, not so much for "crooks" concern but for saving money and time...

The only times I take it to a shop is if I need to multitask or I don't have the tools for it and have to spend big money on a tool/machine that I may only use it once or twice to get that particular repair done such as:

vl

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
How do you guarantee that your engine oil is being serviced as it supposed to?  My fear is that some potheads who work at minimum wage at the place might just add some cheap lubes with dirts in it, wipe it off and call it a day.  Scary thought but I'm sure that happened quite often.

That is always a chance you take, but the chance is much lower when you go to the dealership.  Someone who changes oil at Valvoline vs someone who changes oil at a Lexus dealership is going to have a different interview and training process.

vl

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »

And it's not like I take my built 2JZ there for an oil change, its only my commuter cars.

Advertisements