Advertisement

Author Topic: Merced High teacher arrested, accused of having sex with student  (Read 18950 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

A Merced High School science teacher was arrested last week after a Merced County Sheriff’s deputy allegedly caught him engaged in “inappropriate physical contact” with a 16-year-old student. Blia Yang, 30, and the student were found in a pickup truck parked around the corner from the sheriff’s office, said Sgt. Delray Shelton. Yang was booked into Merced County Jail about 7:30 p.m. Friday on suspicion of one count of oral copulation with a minor and one count of sexual intercourse with a minor. He posted bail and was released from custody a short time later, according to booking records.

Yang has taught physics, Advanced Placement chemistry and other classes at Merced High School for five years, according to the school website. He has been placed on administrative leave, Merced Union High School District officials said Tuesday. Shelton was returning to work around 4:45 p.m. Friday, driving on 21st Street when he spotted a female in the driver’s seat of a four-door Toyota pickup truck. The girl was seated with her back to steering wheel, Shelton told the Sun-Star. The vehicle was parked in front of the Merced County Courthouse, around the corner from the Sheriff’s Office. “I went to make contact and observed an adult male and younger female in the truck,” Shelton said.

Yang and the girl initially claimed they came to Courthouse Park to play “Pokemon Go” and Yang fell asleep, deputies said. Evidence inside the truck, however, led Shelton to believe the two were engaged in inappropriate sexual activities. He did not comment on the alleged evidence. Upon further investigation, Shelton said, the 16-year-old admitted to “an ongoing sexual relationship” with Yang, her teacher. “We believe the relationship had been going on for at least a month, but the case is still under investigation,” Shelton said. Yang denied engaging in anything inappropriate with the student, deputies said.

In a statement issued Tuesday, school officials confirmed Yang was placed on administrative leave. The district was notified of the arrest by law enforcement and is cooperating with the investigation, said Ralph Calderon, assistant superintendent for human resources. “Protecting the health and safety of our students is the top priority of the Merced Union High School District,” the statement said. In a short biography on his class website, Yang said he was born in a refugee camp in Thailand and arrived in the U.S. to Modesto when he was 6 years old. He graduated from Modesto High School in 2005 and earned his bachelor’s degree from California State University, Sacramento. He earned his teaching credential the following year. “I have a passion for science and I hope you will see this in my classes,” the biography read.

Yang told investigators he originally is from Fresno and recently moved to Merced after living in Modesto for a time. He also told investigators he is married with children, deputies said. Merced Police Department detectives have taken over the investigation since the allegations appear to have happened within their jurisdiction, according to Detective Sgt. Curt Gorman.

Hmmm... he doesn't seem like a bad guy though he is still a young looking fella. Hopefully what was accuse of him are false especially since he is a marry man already. Anyways to read the original article go here:

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/article124352664.html

(Blia Yang, a high school Science teacher at Merced High School accused of having sexual relationship with student)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: Merced High teacher arrested, accused of having sex with student
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
Thats messed up...they was just playing poke-her-mon, nothing inappropriate! :idiot2: :police: :2funny:

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »
I bet the 16 y.o. minor is also Hmong...Sucks to be him if true as he's married with children and all. Perhaps, his wife encouraged him to find a niam yau...?   ???;D

As far as looks go, one should not judge a book by its cover...

Those Roman Catholic priests look pretty clean cut too...

Not sure if this is guts or stupidity or just plain horniness... ???:

"Blia Yang, 30, and the student were found in a pickup truck parked around the corner from the sheriff’s office"

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:26:32 PM by theking »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
I bet the 16 y.o. minor is also Hmong...Sucks to be him if true as he's married with children and all. Perhaps, his wife encouraged him to find a niam yau...?   ???;D

As far as looks go, one should not judge a book by its cover...

Those Roman Catholic priests look pretty clean cut too...

Not sure if this is guts or stupidity or just plain horniness... ???:

"Blia Yang, 30, and the student were found in a pickup truck parked around the corner from the sheriff’s office"

I told my husband must be a Hmong girl. 

A teacher and must not be bright using his head to think about what he is doing.  The location you got the sheriff, police, courthouse, etc all within that 1-2 blocks.  Someone is going to drive around from entering or exiting and be suspicious. 

My daughter had friends who had him for a teacher.  They will tell her this is their 1st time having a teacher that is Hmong.  When I look him up back then we don't know him. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
If he wasn't doing anything of that nature.

1. Why are you in a car with a student who is a minor? 
Unless this is for some sort of specific field trip, this is already a red flag.  Where are the other students? Why are you with one student?  What purpose was this visit for?
- Pokemon go? ummm.. How does this reflect the classroom?  Red flag. dual relationship.
-- I've ridden in the car with my teacher before, but there was a group of us going to meet with our supervisor for first day field training.  we rode together.

Whether you were having sex with the student or not.

Red flags for possible dual relationship. 

Even if found not guilty of not having sex with the minor.  The question still remains, what were you doing in a car with a student?

Look bad regardless.
Have fun.  Possible Jail time.  And possibly a registered sex offender for life.

This is a continuous thing that happen about a month.  Students here just return back to school yesterday/Tuesday.  It happened on Friday. 

Just because he's a teacher and she's 16 and this did not happen on school ground.  Why the hell does our school district want to put him on administrative leave?? Just fired his ass.  No matter what is the outcome he is going to leave Merced after jail time, register as sex offender, etc. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
Hi SB!  Have a great day mog.

Hi! You too!

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
My sister told me about this and it's shameful! Educated yet so stupid to be committing such an atrocious act.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »
My sister told me about this and it's shameful! Educated yet so stupid to be committing such an atrocious act.

Same like that Clovis lollipop case.  He's my bil's brother/half brother.  At least in his case the wife who is a principal divorced him right away and took the kids with her.  He took the plea deal so it never went to court.  Very few of those court hearing in the beginning he got support from his family being there in the courtroom each time.  My bil will drive 3 1/2 hrs for it.   My sil never like to talk about it.  We never asked my bil about how he feel, etc to this day.   

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
I told my husband must be a Hmong girl. 

A teacher and must not be bright using his head to think about what he is doing. 

He did use his "head"...unfortunate ly he used the wrong one (the little one)... ;D

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »
Same like that Clovis lollipop case.  He's my bil's brother/half brother.  At least in his case the wife who is a principal divorced him right away and took the kids with her.  He took the plea deal so it never went to court.  Very few of those court hearing in the beginning he got support from his family being there in the courtroom each time.  My bil will drive 3 1/2 hrs for it.   My sil never like to talk about it.  We never asked my bil about how he feel, etc to this day.   

It just amazes me that well off individuals with attributives jobs, supportive family/spouses, and good standing position in society can throw everything they work so hard for. In a moment of weakness or pleasure, people think, "yes, lets do it", but if caught, the consequences last a life time. The logic behind the actions must be idiotic.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:27:52 PM by Giggles_Shyly »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »
Apparently, he's not that smart. Why would any sane person screw a minor by a courthouse and sheriff office? I read about another Hmong man doing a minor Hmong girl in Michigan a while back. They were in a mall parking lot with people shopping... idiot!!!

Go to a motel... Although, I don't consent sexual encounter with any minor but in some states, a 16 yrs old girl can legally married if her parents consent to it.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 11:06:45 AM »
Apparently, he's not that smart. Why would any sane person screw a minor by a courthouse and sheriff office? I read about another Hmong man doing a minor Hmong girl in Michigan a while back. They were in a mall parking lot with people shopping... idiot!!!

Go to a motel... Although, I don't consent sexual encounter with any minor but in some states, a 16 yrs old girl can legally married if her parents consent to it.

16 yo and been happening for a month.  She must like it or really did consent to everything with Mr. Yang. 

This town is very small and sheriff and police station are just across the street from each other.  You pretty much can just walk to county jail, courthouse, library, etc.  in less than 2 min.  Must be lot of Pokémon characters to catch in that area......

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »
Man!

You know...

I never met a hmong teacher...

I wonder if getting a job like that is easy.

When I see hmong folks with these types of jobs ... It's so surreal.

I'm use to hmongs working in factories and assembly plants... which I've worked at as well.

Still good jobs!!  I went home to visit and man I was thinking "Man... I wish I was working at a factory"....

There's no real responsibities ... I hate responsibiliti es!

Oh wells!!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 05:59:11 PM »
Yea I've been to Merced. It's very small.  Alot of shops right next to Merced high.  But either way, behavior is inexcusable.   Disgusting behavior in a small town.  I wonder how many primitive folks are blaming the girl.

He was probably showing her how big and strong his Ekans is and asking to see her Cloyster or Shellder. Lol.

Merced High is easy for their student to go across the street to KFC, McD, Taco Bell, etc. 

This kind of behavior is inexcusable.  Blaming this girl is like giving Mr. Yang a lesser charge or even walk away free.  We'll just have to wait to see how it play out.  If Mr. Yang can get a good lawyer who know what they can say this 16 yo is doing......... ...

Just hope this 16 yo is not Hmong or else we can see a similar case like the UC Davis one.  Traditional Hmong blah blah.......... ...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 08:22:09 PM »
Merced High is easy for their student to go across the street to KFC, McD, Taco Bell, etc. 

This kind of behavior is inexcusable.  Blaming this girl is like giving Mr. Yang a lesser charge or even walk away free.  We'll just have to wait to see how it play out.  If Mr. Yang can get a good lawyer who know what they can say this 16 yo is doing......... ...

Just hope this 16 yo is not Hmong or else we can see a similar case like the UC Davis one.  Traditional Hmong blah blah.......... ...

You have to blame both of them... She might be 16 but she knows what she was getting into. However, the majority of the blame should go to the adult.
I don't know about the law in CA but if it's like some other states, he could get off by getting her parents to say that he and the girl is engaged and they and she consent to the relationship.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements