Advertisement

Author Topic: Health insurance is more expensive than housing cost  (Read 7603 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Health insurance is more expensive than housing cost
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:34 AM »
I just checked my insurance premium through work.

I am single.  I paid $88 and my employer paid $734 a month.  My premium total is $822  a month.  This is more than my mortgage and property tax which totals to $750.

Basically, it is equal to my mortgage + property tax + water + electric.

How did wet here? 

Soon, it would exceed my mortgage + property tax + water + electric + car payment.  We are bleeding in cash and there's no insurance to cure that.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Health insurance is more expensive than housing cost
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »
Depends...it can exceed some mortages but it's still way below some mortages...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
I just checked my insurance premium through work.

I am single.  I paid $88 and my employer paid $734 a month.  My premium total is $822  a month.  This is more than my mortgage and property tax which totals to $750.

Basically, it is equal to my mortgage + property tax + water + electric.

How did wet here? 

Soon, it would exceed my mortgage + property tax + water + electric + car payment.  We are bleeding in cash and there's no insurance to cure that.

How's Obamacare working for you? You know your increases, my increases, and others are to support Obamacare, right? Let's not even get into the Exchanges themselves... high deductibles and premium if you are not dirt poor and even if you are, the deductibles will kill you.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
Don't forget the family coverage
That can be even more expensive too

Reason why

Everyone wants to get paid like kings and queens

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »
How's Obamacare working for you? You know your increases, my increases, and others are to support Obamacare, right? Let's not even get into the Exchanges themselves... high deductibles and premium if you are not dirt poor and even if you are, the deductibles will kill you.

Lol

I'm ready for trumpcare

Where I just die in the street

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »
Lol

I'm ready for trumpcare

You've been drinking too much Dem kool-aid... Did people just drop and die in the street before Obamacare? Could a sick person without insurance get medical attention? I know they can. I know a person that didn't have medical insurance but the hospital took him in, did the surgery and he was better. Uncle SAM just paid for it with medicaid...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
You've been drinking too much Dem kool-aid... Did people just drop and die in the street before Obamacare? Could a sick person without insurance get medical attention? I know they can. I know a person that didn't have medical insurance but the hospital took him in, did the surgery and he was better. Uncle SAM just paid for it with medicaid...

Yeah dude
Try going insuranceless
If you have diabetes

And you need your insulin shot

You going be 6ft under as we talk

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 12:03:01 PM »

It's not Obamacare.  I have zero deduction.  I have never paid anything when I visit doctors.  I do pay like $15 on medication that costs like $600.

I support Obamacare because I believe people should have access to healthcare.  Not because I don't have healthcare. 

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:42:53 PM »
Well, some actually pay more than that because they want their deductibles to be less. All you got to know is, the better covered you are medically, the higher it will cost. Supply and demand :)

People who have sick individuals know, they rather pay high medical coverage than high hospital bills.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
Well, some actually pay more than that because they want their deductibles to be less. All you got to know is, the better covered you are medically, the higher it will cost. Supply and demand :)

People who have sick individuals know, they rather pay high medical coverage than high hospital bills.

If I have a family, I bet it will be higher.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »
I would like universal healthcare so that I can do what I like like gardening making $12,000 a year instead of being a professional. 

MSV

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »
Just be glad you're paying the smaller premium and it's not the other way around.

Although it may seem like all these insurance companies are banking, I'm not really sure it's much profit at all. You consider how outrageous a bill is just for paying a 15 min to the dr. and you'll see why premiums have to be this high.

I always joke that if it ever gets to the point where I can't pay for my health insurance premium anymore, I'm gonna quit my job so I can get medical assistance. Sad.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »
Obamacare really did a number on smaller companies that employ less than 50 people.

Those who support Obamacare don't understand the insurance and healthcare industry. The majority of them are dumb as a doornail. They support whatever rhetoric makes them feel like they are a good person. That's why they are always pro-globalism. They don't really understand the consequences until they receive the short end of the stick and then it's:

"Wah wah wah, how did this happen? How did we get here?"

Er, because your dumb-ass voted for it OR you were too busy living your hedonistic lifestyle OR allowing your feelings do all the important decision-making OR because you are just DUMB, EVIL, AND COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY.

nooneever

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
Obamacare really did a number on smaller companies that employ less than 50 people.

Which is especially important if you live in a state like MN that endorses and fosters small to mid size businesses.  It hurt the working class.  I want universal health care, but I also want a better option.  It's a smaller minority that benefits, that and all the poor white folks living Kentucky which I'm fine with

Lol

I'm ready for trumpcare

I just hate poor white folks I guess.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 08:55:55 AM »
It was a problem before, during and will continue to be, even AFTER the ACA (Obamacare).

Away from the political arena, it's a complex issue. But PROFIT would be an adequate oversimplifica tion.

Advertisements