Advertisement

Author Topic: I feel entitled to working 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, 8 months a year  (Read 1224 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
But I know if if only I would work 8 hours a day, 52 weeks a year, I could save more money, buy apartment complexes, and retire early oversea.  How many of you feel entitled?  I know some will not work because they feel the job is below them even though they have no income.  I see that in a lot of young people.  They rather stay in the basement playing video game than working because the work available to them is not what they want to do.  The parents pay the price.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: I feel entitled to working 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, 8 months a year
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Man....

I actually only do a total of 2 hours of real work.. .but I have to be at work at least 8 hours...

Today's kids/young adult aren't really staying in their basement because they don't want to work...

It's more like... their value's are different from previous generations...

Previous generation's values were, you work hard, get your own place, get your own car, etc, etc... basically you go out and get your own slice of the pie...

Today's generation is more like... they don't even know or have an inkling that there's a pie out there to go get...

They're basically staying in the basement because they don't know any better....

The parent's never instilled values into them and that's why they are where they are..

Blame the parents more than anything.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

nooneever

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
Well, great job raising kids that everybody else will have to take care of.  I'm not sure I call this entitlement, but rather a better use of existing resources and services.  There are tasks at work I will not do simply because it makes more sense for others to do it; others who are probably better and have more knowledge about the subject matter.  It's a waste of my time.  I wouldn't ask the marketing guy to do finances when we have a finance guy who probably already did it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:48:32 AM »
Man!  You wanna talk about being a "subject matter expert" in one field and then be asked to do something way beyond your scope of profession!?!?!?

Boy do I have some stories for you!!!!

I just cant talk about it!.

Well ok..I can I guess!

Im just a normal guy right..

I was talking to this girl and she asked me if I knew how to work on car radios and stuff and I said I have put some in the past before..

And so right then and there she asked me to fix her radio, we was in her car in a random parking lot...

I was like "huh?"..and i said "with my hands?!? I dont have any tools!"

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
Honestly,

I want to work 1 hour a day and get paid for 8 hours. 

Advertisements