Advertisement

Author Topic: Public education  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Public education
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
The easiest way to put this is, these "other's children" eventually become doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, etc. and continue to build this wonderful first world we live in.  Without "free" education, in which we are taxed for, our world would be like a 2nd world, something similar to some Asian countries, and Africa.

Btw, who paid for your education?

No they DON'T.

Not in the inner city or in districts with large black and Hispanic demographics.

Districts with these two demographics often receive a lot of funds (don't believe the liberal narrative that they are underfunded), but they misallocate the money by hiring more unnecessary staff to address issues that are almost always non-academic related.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »

they're called republicans  :idiot2: :2funny:

They're called LIBERALS.

You Democrats bleed the world dry.

The reason why college tuition continues to skyrocket is because of your Libtard professors and you low-income minority students who take out loans to pay for college.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »
We've had "free" public education up until now. The majority of us have been through the public education system. It's not anything new.

Whether it works or not can be disputed. The many ways we've tried to solve the problem has had mixed results.

What is relevant now that was not relevant before? What's changed?

Dom

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
I do not have children.  Why do I have to pay tax to support the education of others' children?
Same goes with people who choose not to work.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »
I do not have children.  Why do I have to pay tax to support the education of others' children?
You don't have to if you're rich.  Wanna change that?

can

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
You don't have to if you're rich.  Wanna change that?
majority of republicans aren't rich either but they are too dumb to realized they are getting used.  :2funny: :idiot2:

nooneever

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
I wonder how things are going to change with Betsy DeVos.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 02:11:41 PM »
Adios Public Education. We hardly knew ye.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 12:53:54 AM »
Public education is the worst thing for low income children, especially those living in predominantly black and Hispanic school districts. Blacks and Hispanics do not value education the same way. School is nothing but free daycare and free lunch - and I mean that literally. Coursework is watered down to the lowest common denominator at these schools. They simply are incapable of rising to meet the challenges of a rigorous curriculum. Unfortunately, administration is more concerned about student retention, behavior and increasing graduation rates than they are about the students who display gifted abilities - and that's typically because they are far and few. 

Public education is a costly burden for taxpayers, particularly those who have a large low-income population in their city. Property taxpayers aren't getting much for their money. My recommendation is to buy up these homes and rent them out in order to see a comfortable ROI.

If you do have to live in such a city for the time-being, make sure to exercise Open Enrollment so that your children aren't trapped with children from failing families.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 01:00:08 AM »
Defund federal and state money to underperformin g schools immediately. Better yet, shut them down.

Make students living in failing districts take an assessment test.

Those who pass the standard score will receive vouchers to enroll at schools that meet academic standards. Kids who are motivated about academics should be given opportunities to be with other like-minded students, rather than be disrupted by those who could give a rat's a.ss.

Those who fail must be placed in a work-training program. There is no sense in making them sit and struggle in a classroom. They could be earning an income and learning valuable life skills that meet their abilities.. 

nooneever

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 08:08:29 AM »
Those who fail must be placed in a work-training program. There is no sense in making them sit and struggle in a classroom. They could be earning an income and learning valuable life skills that meet their abilities..

O0
Education, such as core classes, just aren't for everyone.  If we really want to talk diversity then we have to accept this matter in life.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »
Public education is the worst thing for low income children, especially those living in predominantly black and Hispanic school districts. Blacks and Hispanics do not value education the same way. School is nothing but free daycare and free lunch - and I mean that literally. Coursework is watered down to the lowest common denominator at these schools. They simply are incapable of rising to meet the challenges of a rigorous curriculum. Unfortunately, administration is more concerned about student retention, behavior and increasing graduation rates than they are about the students who display gifted abilities - and that's typically because they are far and few. 

Public education is a costly burden for taxpayers, particularly those who have a large low-income population in their city. Property taxpayers aren't getting much for their money. My recommendation is to buy up these homes and rent them out in order to see a comfortable ROI.

If you do have to live in such a city for the time-being, make sure to exercise Open Enrollment so that your children aren't trapped with children from failing families.
i don't get this?!?!  so if its that bad, we shouldn't send our kids to school and let them learn on their own?  Don't tell me you never went to public school?  i bet it was the best time of your life. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Dom

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »
Listen. Sanjay from India is going to take your job. Shouldn't have slacked off.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 12:04:53 PM »
ZDN, the issue is that the current public education system is antiquated. Ask yourself, why do we still teach as if all students are the same?

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »

school is cheaper than prison.

Like this post: +1

Advertisements