Advertisement

Author Topic: This dude does not know anything about car...  (Read 851 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
This dude does not know anything about car...
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5xftA4tbI

He said he got the motor out of a civic type r?  And then he says that that motor makes about 205 with bolt ons?

C'mon man....  I can't remember all my Honda spec's but all civic type R's are 1.6 liters I dont think they can push that much!!! Even with bolt ons!!!

If that's the case, the b18c5 should be pushing 240 hp with bolt ons!!!

And then he says that car weights 2000 lbs?  Dude really?!?  It look stripped out but there's no way!!!!!!!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: This dude does not know anything about car...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »
Maybe he means 205 to the wheels which would make sense if he dynoed it. 205 HP to the wheels is about 240 HP to the crank.

The 2000 lbs is probably just an estimate. A Honda Civic in those days I think weighed about 2400 lbs. So if the he took out 200 lbs that's close to 2000 lbs then 2500 lbs. This is why Civics and Integras are so quick. This is also why Civic and Integras rust out so easily.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: This dude does not know anything about car...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »
Well I just looked up the Civic Type R motor..

It's 182-185 at the crank... that's probably like 155-165 at the wheels... there's no way you're going to bolt on 50-40 whp...

That thing weights 2387 lbs....

Stripped out...  I don't know about 2000 lbs.... it does look roof liner is stripped out but it doesn't look like the rest of the car is.. the show the inside it looks full int....

There's no way it's at 2000 lbs...  I can see 2250 or 2200... but not 2000....

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements