Advertisement

Author Topic: And! This is why I prefer to work on my car myself...  (Read 1189 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
And! This is why I prefer to work on my car myself...
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »
As yalls know!

Pretty much everything I put in the teggie I put in myself.

Suspension, brakes, basic "performance" bolt on's, radiator, radiator hose, actually put in the CTR camshafts myself "which was scary! I was afraid I'd mess it up"!, intake manifold, motor mounts...

I guess you can say, a litte more than your average tune up.

In any case!  I have yet! to have anything fail on me.  And I've drove this thing from florida all the way to Minnesota and a couple trips from New Jersey to NC as well.

The only time it failed on me was when I knowingly put something on improperly and did not fix it, I was actually to lazy to get it up on the lift and fix it and drove on it for a while and the tire went flat!  Oh wells, my fault!

The only thing I did not do myself was the timing belt! That still scares me and I'm still afraid to do it(I may need to buy another teggie to just practice doing those kinda stuff), so the timing belt, and since they was in there, I made them change the oil pump because it's going to be part of the labor anyways, and the ITR valve springs so they can also re-torque my camshafts because to be honest, yes it ran for a couple of days but I don't know if I had it in there right or not!

Anyways!  But yes, I have never had that car fail on me based on the work I'd done to it.

In any case!!!  I know someone who took their car to another shop, well because he doesn't really know how to work on cars and he doesn't have the tools anyways and plus he probably don't have the time to deal with it anyways...

Anyways.. he had took it to get some suspension work done and then when he drove it away, he said next thing he knew.. he was in a ditch because the brakes wasn't working. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

vl

Re: And! This is why I prefer to work on my car myself...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
Bro, timing belt is easy, Youtube and online forums has all the instructions.  You have already switched out the cams, meaning you already halfway there.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 03:59:47 AM »

When I put it in myself.

It drove good for about a week!

But the timing belt thing, I just marked it and slipped it on and off.

Man I was crossing my finger that it would start up!!!!!

It did!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:04:32 AM »
Back when I had a shop to work on my car..

It had lifts and everything!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 04:08:18 AM »
Track day!

All I heard that day was "Man! That's a type R!"

It's not a type R folks!  It's a GS-R!

vl

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Dang bro, did you have that much gunk on your cams when you switched it out?

Advertisements