Advertisement

Author Topic: I think I figured out fuel tuning on the AEM  (Read 699 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I think I figured out fuel tuning on the AEM
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:59:45 PM »
Since I can't sleep might as well do some reading.

Now I just have to get my idle tuning caught up.

after that, easy sailing.

A lot of people post a lot of tuning how to's and tutorials...

Man, they need to simply it more.

It's hard for the average joe to make connections.  I had to make technical connections to layman average joe connections.

Maybe someday I'll do my own tutorial.

anyways, I don't have any car tuning training but!  If you know just a little bit and what the parts on the car does... then you can piece it together.

For examply..... They keep talking about load...Yes I understand what load means...

But then when you're looking at the fuel graphs... if someone would just diagram like what the graphs mean and what the labling means, I think a lot of folks would understand and know how to tune by themselves better.

LIke for example can they just say "So when you put your foot on the pedal and give it gas, it is this part of the graph, see the number on the sides, as your foot push the pedal down more, you'll be going up the graph more"

IF someone would just break it down like that it'll be much easier to understand for the avg joe.

Like when they talk about setting trims.... min and max... if they would just say "ok see this box here that says fuel trim all that mean is if how much do you want the computer to add or subtract to get near your target number that you want it be."   

Man!  If someone would just type out instructions like that... easy day!

I basically right now have to imagine pictures in my mind and use the context of the text or the video tutorials to figure out what they mean.

Cheezez folks!  Keep it simple!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I think I figured out fuel tuning on the AEM
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
And to be honest...

After watching some of the tutorials..

I think a lot of tuning shops that tune with AEM series 2 are probably doing the auto-tune feature.

That feature makes it so easy.

But the thing is you need a dyno.

A lot of people don't have dyno's so oh wells.

AEM aslo have a virtual dyno but I haven't looked into that yet.

I will try to do a street tune now that I have a little bit more understanding of the functions and how to go about tuning.

Man, last time I tried to tune, it was running rich and it was stalling...

Ok good!  now I got done reading and messing with the program and I got idle tuning down pat!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I think I figured out fuel tuning on the AEM
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
Welps, I got fuel tuning down pat too now.

Advertisements