Advertisement

Author Topic: Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street  (Read 687 times)

Offline nooneever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
Some of my biotech stocks went down in value.  What went up though are stocks in companies getting ready to build that wall.  :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
Re: Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:49 AM »
Some of my biotech stocks went down in value.  What went up though are stocks in companies getting ready to build that wall.  :2funny:

I'll put money on Trump and/or any of his cronies having stock/interests in the companies who'll eventually get contracts to build this paid-for-in-part-by-Mexico wall.

Offline nooneever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
CX ;)
Cemex De Cv
Mexican cementing company, cheap labor and materials, they could potentially be building the wall, we're paying for it with the tariffs.  Don't say I never gave you nothing.

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
  • Respect: +505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:35 AM »
 :2funny: throughout history wall restrictions have all been proven to fail and torn down or demolished. To think Trump is known to be a smart business man (not a leader), you would think he will think of a better strategy  other than a wall ;D

“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
:2funny: throughout history wall restrictions have all been proven to fail and torn down or demolished. To think Trump is known to be a smart business man (not a leader), you would think he will think of a better strategy  other than a wall ;D

he said anything to get elected.  then deal with them later once elected.

it's like "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 12:36:58 PM »
he said anything to get elected.  then deal with them later once elected.

it's like "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy.

This, I can deal with. Because sooner rather than later, his actions will prove his words were meaningless. But that's another argument for another day because it's a common practice among elected officials.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
Maybe invest in Mexico based companies building ladders.  ;D

Offline Hmong Martial Artist

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 04:48:46 PM »
Not sure if this is a political talk or a legit talk about the market.  Not sure how you invest, but I consider stocks along the lines of biotechs be a short term stock - and an extremely high risk one at that.  I don't know how you invest, but I pull out my cash when I make 7% on them or lose more than 5% of the initial investment - at least with my 'income' investments.  If you're looking for a long term stock, I suggest you look at companies that has a consistent growth - keeping in mind that the market goes up and down, even if there's a great president in the office (look at Regan and Clinton's admin).  Otherwise, blaming the President for stock drops are just one factor you can throw in out of thousands - because there are numerous other stocks that have risen considerably that has nothing to do with Trump either, but I don't see anyone crediting him for those.

Advertisements