Advertisement

Author Topic: Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street  (Read 2027 times)

nooneever

Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
Some of my biotech stocks went down in value.  What went up though are stocks in companies getting ready to build that wall.  :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: Trump executive orders affect on Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:49 AM »
Some of my biotech stocks went down in value.  What went up though are stocks in companies getting ready to build that wall.  :2funny:

I'll put money on Trump and/or any of his cronies having stock/interests in the companies who'll eventually get contracts to build this paid-for-in-part-by-Mexico wall.

nooneever

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
CX ;)
Cemex De Cv
Mexican cementing company, cheap labor and materials, they could potentially be building the wall, we're paying for it with the tariffs.  Don't say I never gave you nothing.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:35 AM »
 :2funny: throughout history wall restrictions have all been proven to fail and torn down or demolished. To think Trump is known to be a smart business man (not a leader), you would think he will think of a better strategy  other than a wall ;D

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
:2funny: throughout history wall restrictions have all been proven to fail and torn down or demolished. To think Trump is known to be a smart business man (not a leader), you would think he will think of a better strategy  other than a wall ;D

he said anything to get elected.  then deal with them later once elected.

it's like "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 12:36:58 PM »
he said anything to get elected.  then deal with them later once elected.

it's like "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy.

This, I can deal with. Because sooner rather than later, his actions will prove his words were meaningless. But that's another argument for another day because it's a common practice among elected officials.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
Maybe invest in Mexico based companies building ladders.  ;D

Hmong Martial Artist

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 04:48:46 PM »
Not sure if this is a political talk or a legit talk about the market.  Not sure how you invest, but I consider stocks along the lines of biotechs be a short term stock - and an extremely high risk one at that.  I don't know how you invest, but I pull out my cash when I make 7% on them or lose more than 5% of the initial investment - at least with my 'income' investments.  If you're looking for a long term stock, I suggest you look at companies that has a consistent growth - keeping in mind that the market goes up and down, even if there's a great president in the office (look at Regan and Clinton's admin).  Otherwise, blaming the President for stock drops are just one factor you can throw in out of thousands - because there are numerous other stocks that have risen considerably that has nothing to do with Trump either, but I don't see anyone crediting him for those.

Advertisements