Advertisement

Author Topic: Last Names vs. Hyphenated Last Names  (Read 5244 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Last Names vs. Hyphenated Last Names
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:55 PM »
when you hyphenate your child's name, you're limiting your child potential for a mate.

hi my name is TOU Moualeexiongya ngvuevangkhang thaohanglorlao HERandHIM

:2funny:

People do it because they think they're too intelligent. The norm is that wives often take their husbands last name and this doesn't just limit to asian people but white also. It's certainly a choice, but people really don't give a care whether you're previously a yang, thao, or whatever.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:03 PM »
My mom still keeps her maiden name.  She never took my dad's last name.  Her SS# and driver's license has her maiden name but she is legally married to my dad (common law, of course).  I always thought this was the norm to keep maiden name in the Hmong culture.  To me, the surname thing was a Caucasian thing.

As for the person wearing the pants in the house and changing the last name to that person, my husband didn't take my last name when we first married and I was making more than he was.  I took his name instead.  Now he makes more than me.  I personally feel that I like my man to be in charge and I love it when we're addressed: the (last name) family, Mr. and Mrs. (his last name), and Mrs. (his last name).  I am proud to be his wife.

However, do what you want to do.  This is what freedom is.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 10:39:38 PM »
However, do what you want to do.  This is what freedom is.

Ditto!

Doesn't matter if the wife takes the husband's name or the husband takes the wife's name or they keep their own name.... as long as they're OK with it, that's all that matter...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
So I guess...what yalls saying is...yiu dont mind if

Anyways.... 

Reminds me of when I met a hmong guy.  He started work at my place and I thought he was chinese...

I didnt recognize the last name.. it seemed hmong but I wanst sure as it was longer than most...

And there are chinese with similar hmong last names..

So one day we was talking and he said he was hmong...

Then I asked him how come his last name is different..

He said becuase he took his grandfathers first name and used it as his last name.

Man it was a long name.

So then I thought in my head..."so basically youre telling me you can f.uck your same real last name hmong folks huh?"..

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements