Advertisement

Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 1418 times)

nooneever

Titanic
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
I know this movie came out in the 90s, but I have never seen it.  So my dog and I watched it the other day.  That jack character, very relatable.  He's a poor boy from Wisconsin that wants to bang some rich lady from upper class.  He even faked his death at the end of the movie and resurfaced as a psychologist/hypnotizer in the movie Inception, unfortunately that lady from the titanic still haunted him.

A lot of people drowned in this movie so to honor them I bought myself a bottle of whiskey and a six pack of Surley Furious.  I took a shot or swig of beer for everyone that drowned.  I fell asleep and woke up to a video of me singing my heart will go on with my dog howling in the background.

My rating: half a bottle of Yukon Jack, four 16 oz'ers of beer, and some emotional karaoke'ing still won't get you through the movie.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Titanic
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:40:44 AM »
I love the movie.  James Cameron did a fabulous job telling the story behind the Titanic using a love story to move the the story along, otherwise, it'd be a documentary about the ship...and he has one or two or three of those too (you can probably find them on the Discovery Channel or even the History Channel).  He's very passionate about the history of that ship and of that era and I totally feel him.

If not for the failure of the Titanic, ship engineers would not have created these massive cruise lines.  I watched an episode on PBS on the building of one of the largest cruise ships out there and it's so amazing how so many people have to do their part right otherwise the ship would sink.

zena

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:45:22 AM »
We took my mom and dad on a cruise a few years ago and my dad would get up really early to watch the captain spin the ship and ride us out to sea.  He was fascinated by all the metal and how all the workers did their job seamlessly.  If my dad was born in the US or got a good education when he was a kid, I think he'd be an engineer and build ships or be captain of a ship or something.  I had never seen my dad so excited about anything like this and it made me happy.  Btw, I also learned that my mom could swim, on the cruise.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
I have no interest and never seen it because I already know the ending for most movies that are based on factual historical event so that spoiled it for me. With that said, there's a few that I did find interesting but not many...

zena

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »
I think for you young ones, it's hard to grasp the thought that one day you'll be old and you'll tell your story to your grand kids.  Some of us just have ordinary stories but some have fascinating ones...like my parents...and maybe your parents.  The couple in the Titanic had a fascinating story...fictio n, but nonetheless, fascinating.  It was well imagined and crafted by Mr. Cameron.

I think Hmong peeps prefer those Hmong movies which I can't stand.  Bad camera angle and the acting...horri ble.  Maybe some day Hmong movies will be as good a historical love story as Titanic.  :)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:12:55 PM by moonangel »

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
Its one of the most watched, biggest money maker, movie of all time at that time. They did a fabulous job.

Advertisements