Advertisement

Author Topic: meeting people  (Read 21050 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: meeting people
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:21 PM »
demure,

why don't we get together and introduce each other to our friends?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

demure

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »
You know, if you have a busy schedule but still want to be able to meet new candidates, I suggest online dating. And not the cheapo free websites where people go to get laid, but the credible sites where you pay a fee. You'll find that the people you meet there are more likely serious about relationships, thus not wasting your time.

I have to admit, I did make a profile on the "cheap" apps and you're right, there's not much quality there. Perhaps in the near future I may think about paying for a subscription.

demure

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 08:50:02 AM »
I'm in the same boat.  I tried online dating.  No white girl would pick me even the ugly ones.  Hardly any Hmong would reply to my messages. 

Over the weekend, I manage to meet a few people through another friend.  Go to events if invited.

While I created the dating profiles  - I'm really weary of meeting complete strangers. Too many crazies these days.  Women are finicky but I can offer some advice: confidence and quiet persistence can sometimes pave the way to a woman's heart. Godspeed to you on your search duckwingduck!!

demure

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 08:56:03 AM »
lol

You're asking the wrong crowd in here cause most of us single folks are in similar shoes. Either work too much, no time, no hobby, no going out, no friends, too weird/strange, or just simply incompatible with anyone to want to meet people. Having friends and family does help if they can refer people  but mostly you still need to do the work yourself. The put yourself out there is a very good advice to follow but just simply being out there never works. I believe it will only works if you take the initiative with other folks whom are in the same boat and just hang out at safe trusted place. Get to know each other, build relationships and contacts from there. If you want to gain something important, you will need to drop some of your pride.

All of those things you listed apply to my personality to some degree - I like to think I'm not that weird :). I'm not a social butterfly anymore. It's definitely hard to find a good social group as you age/move around. Back in my undergrad years, it was so easy to meet people. But therein lies my problem as well. I've got much pride - I'm a bit traditional when it comes to dating. I don't like to chase, but I don't think I'm unapproachable either. Oy vey.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
i'm also curious to know...is this a conversation thread only or can it be a hook up line?

because if it is part of a hook up line, I see you have several hits from the guys and two girls.  If i was you, i'd pick the two girls first!  :D O0 ;D

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

demure

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »
i'm also curious to know...is this a conversation thread only or can it be a hook up line?

because if it is part of a hook up line, I see you have several hits from the guys and two girls.  If i was you, i'd pick the two girls first!  :D O0 ;D

Hah - one is welcome to perceive it however they like but I prefer it to be networking. :D

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 11:02:09 AM »
Hah - one is welcome to perceive it however they like but I prefer it to be networking. :D
networking is for business...hoo k up is for pleasure!  chose your poisonO0

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »
networking is for business...hoo k up is for pleasure!  chose your poisonO0

Not true.  You can do both with networking.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »
One of you single members should just post a thread to "network". I'm sure plenty of people would be interested.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »
Something straight forward and less beating around the bush.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »
All of those things you listed apply to my personality to some degree - I like to think I'm not that weird :). I'm not a social butterfly anymore. It's definitely hard to find a good social group as you age/move around. Back in my undergrad years, it was so easy to meet people. But therein lies my problem as well. I've got much pride - I'm a bit traditional when it comes to dating. I don't like to chase, but I don't think I'm unapproachable either. Oy vey.

Of course, you're not that weird...lol Being weird is neither good nor bad; I think everyone is weird in their own little ways and having some weirdness doesn't hurt because no one is perfect. I agree to a extent that it is definitely harder to find good social groups as you age because you no longer in an environment that allows plenty of opportunity like that of your undergrad years. In my case, I can say it's hard because I'm too weird and even too old fashion/backwardness to not have a social networking page like facebook and the likes. Don't you have one? I think most people with facebook can easily network and be able to forge good social groups both superficially and in the real world. But then again, it all comes down to pride and courage, not being able to compromise on pride and have the courage to meet pretty much kills any opportunity. Leave the chasing to the men.lol A woman that chases after a good man only can kill his interest.lol

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:30 AM »
Friends of friends. That was my personal experience anyway.

I agree with this, along with friends of coworkers.

It is even hard to meet people when you go out with friends, because you tend to hangout/stick around those friends only.  Some couples that I know met online.  Just make sure you don't meet a catfish. ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

demure

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
Of course, you're not that weird...lol Being weird is neither good nor bad; I think everyone is weird in their own little ways and having some weirdness doesn't hurt because no one is perfect. I agree to a extent that it is definitely harder to find good social groups as you age because you no longer in an environment that allows plenty of opportunity like that of your undergrad years. In my case, I can say it's hard because I'm too weird and even too old fashion/backwardness to not have a social networking page like facebook and the likes. Don't you have one? I think most people with facebook can easily network and be able to forge good social groups both superficially and in the real world. But then again, it all comes down to pride and courage, not being able to compromise on pride and have the courage to meet pretty much kills any opportunity. Leave the chasing to the men.lol A woman that chases after a good man only can kill his interest.lol

I do agree, I think everyone is unique in their own ways, some more than others. :) Facebook is a great way to network and keep up with family/friends/acquaintances. I do have one, but it is a bit weird to be randomly adding complete strangers on my facebook, although it is an alternative route. I've been leaving the chasing to men and it's not working so well!!

demure

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »
I agree with this, along with friends of coworkers.

It is even hard to meet people when you go out with friends, because you tend to hangout/stick around those friends only.  Some couples that I know met online.  Just make sure you don't meet a catfish. ;D

Ugh, thats the truth.  The evolution of "online dating" allows for a greater depth of water to search for your significant other however, it also creates more BS that you have to wade through as well.  It's just hard to date these days!!!

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
Do so and you'll end up right where you started. I'd rather step up to the plate in person than chase people through social media. Once you get over the hump of asking perfect strangers out face to face, you're golden.

IF, if you're still looking for people to meet. I'd plan a trip out to MN, WI or CA during the summer festivities or the NY's. If nothing you'll at least enjoy a weekend surrounded by your own kin.

Advertisements