Advertisement

Author Topic: meeting people  (Read 21013 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: meeting people
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 03:24:22 PM »
Tru dat! I just want to be able to speak hmong about the annoying trendy hipster person in front of me with her faux yoga pants and overpriced chanel dead cow hanging off her shoulder while wearing ysl lipstick tested on innocent bunnies covered in cheap armani perfume trying to read Vonnegut and taking a selfie of her drink without anyone knowing because it's all very obnoxious. Ohhhh... and I would like to wear my 4'' heels sometimes without towering over a hmong guy.. but I'll settle for 3'' and we don't have to eat rice all the time because I can make couscous without it turning clumpy or some quinoa like that.

Otherwise, I'm used to traveling by myself...

What would faux yoga pants be? Pants?

And I can see where being a bit taller could be an issue. My s/o is about 8" shorter than I am and our hugs and kisses are more like face to neck or face to beard if it's in the Winter months.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

demure

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
Tru dat! I just want to be able to speak hmong about the annoying trendy hipster person in front of me with her faux yoga pants and overpriced chanel dead cow hanging off her shoulder while wearing ysl lipstick tested on innocent bunnies covered in cheap armani perfume trying to read Vonnegut and taking a selfie of her drink without anyone knowing because it's all very obnoxious. Ohhhh... and I would like to wear my 4'' heels sometimes without towering over a hmong guy.. but I'll settle for 3'' and we don't have to eat rice all the time because I can make couscous without it turning clumpy or some quinoa like that.

Haha - that's very nicely put Highway!! I'm glad someone understands me!

demure

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
Meeting someone decent is hard because we are all SHY!!!  ;D Rule number 1 is to build your confidence. I cannot stress how important that is because if you're shy, quiet and have low self esteem you'll kill the mood. Well, I recommend trying FREEEEEE online dating apps/sites because it'll help boost your confidence when meeting people. Once you feel confident and have luck online, try UPGRADING to dating sites because you'll meet more potential men.  I tried the free dating app and it's a pretty cool experience besides some craziness like (crazy guys/broke/felons). You never know you might meet someone to your liking.

OR

Hook ups from friends, families and relatives. My sister boyfriend's cousins asked him if he can hook him up with someone because he doesn't know where to meet ladies. My sister asked me if I want to talk/get to know him but I told her IDK. I mean it's even more harder if you're over 30's. Tu Siab Tuesday!!   :) :D ;D Good luck.

Best referrals these days tend to be from word of mouth from friends/relatives. You should go for it!! I do agree though, the pool is painfully small for the Hmong community. For one, we're a small minority and unless you're living in highly populous areas w/ Hmong in MN/CA, you're not likely to meet anyone locally. At the same time, I feel the Hmong community tends to get married younger so once you hit your 30's - there ends up being a lot of divorcees, kids, etc. Simply put - dating sucks once you get into your 30's. It's harder to meet qualified individuals in hopes of developing long term companionship. I do envy those who have that. I hate the games that come with dating/feeling someone out too. :/ Lord help us!

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 11:41:12 AM »

U N I, would make a great couple...becau se my eyes would be level to your TT's!  while you're up there, can you please point out my balding spots?   :D ;D

Best referrals these days tend to be from word of mouth from friends/relatives. You should go for it!! I do agree though, the pool is painfully small for the Hmong community. For one, we're a small minority and unless you're living in highly populous areas w/ Hmong in MN/CA, you're not likely to meet anyone locally. At the same time, I feel the Hmong community tends to get married younger so once you hit your 30's - there ends up being a lot of divorcees, kids, etc. Simply put - dating sucks once you get into your 30's. It's harder to meet qualified individuals in hopes of developing long term companionship. I do envy those who have that. I hate the games that come with dating/feeling someone out too. :/ Lord help us!
why give up hope so fast?  didn't you see some Phers whom welcomed the opportunity to meet with you? 

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:28:46 PM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »

Man!  I defly agree with that and I joined a hmong social group and expressed those same sentiment to them but they all tooo hollywood to hang out..

Oh wells! 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 06:44:27 PM »
I do agree, I think everyone is unique in their own ways, some more than others. :) Facebook is a great way to network and keep up with family/friends/acquaintances. I do have one, but it is a bit weird to be randomly adding complete strangers on my facebook, although it is an alternative route. I've been leaving the chasing to men and it's not working so well!!

Random?lol Nope. Adding complete strangers isn't a random thing you decide to do, rather it's selective especially on social sites. But yes, I think I understand where you coming from, it's like rubbing salt onto wounds. Anything you put effort in may make one feel pitiful in the end. I think this is something everyone has to struggle with whether you're a woman/man because a person can only take so many failures.  I too, especially hate the games that come with dating too. But then again, if dating can be bypassed, we're really cutting ourselves short and in all certainty trust and love may never bloom. I think it's only possible in the old days, where arranged marriages are common place.lol

U,
It's never good for women to stick around in a relationship for too long. Because honestly, I'd already think bad of you. This is why it's hard to meet qualified individuals.lo l

demure

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »
I don't know because I've never talk to anyone from friends/relatives referrals. I'm about to test one out so we'll see how that goes, that is if he texts me.  ;D I'm from CA. Even though there are lots of Hmong people, it's not easy to meet them because we're all SHY.  :D I'm over 30 and my birthday is coming up very soon this weeeeeekkend to be exact. Look, I've been in a relationship for a LONG time and I'm single starting today. I don't know where to meet Hmong guys. We can help each other out, how about that?  ;D

I do think in this day and age, we're all too careful, too scared, too modest and in the end, causes a hindrance to a potential relationship. Doesn't hurt to go in with an open mind. :) Let me know how it goes and godspeed on your search...that is if you don't end up with your boyfriend again. :)

Shortstuff87

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 08:49:59 PM »
I live in a state full of hmong bachelors (Florida to be specific). Some decent ones down here. I can introduce you if you want! A handful of them over the age of 30 too!

Like this post: +1

demure

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Always happy to network. :)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Single Women of PH.
SWoPH.

There. Group titled.

Like this post: +1

demure

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
HAHA - thanks for looking out lexicon!!

Darksyde

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:48 AM »
At the bar. The ladies flock but I don't jock. If you want to meet a keeper, just be yourself. And if he digs you, you'll know it's all you. Random tip from The Hot Guy.  ;)

CheejSiav

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 07:52:57 PM »
I don't think there's an issue of finding a man and I do believe you can find everlasting companionship outside of the Hmong community however, there is an irreplaceable bond that exists if you find someone of similar background/traditions. I also worry about my parent's acceptance of such a man.  Thanks for the kind words Lexicon! Just didn't know if there was a place I wasn't aware of to find someone of similar interests.
You got us we can talk to you

CheejSiav

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
At the bar. The ladies flock but I don't jock. If you want to meet a keeper, just be yourself. And if he digs you, you'll know it's all you. Random tip from The Hot Guy.  ;)
Actually bars are really not a good place to find a "keeper" only slut would be dumb to be easy for guys at bars

Darksyde

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
Actually bars are really not a good place to find a "keeper" only slut would be dumb to be easy for guys at bars

So you honestly think that every girl at a bar is a slut?

So church must be where all the keepers are at?...

Advertisements