Advertisement

Author Topic: Mazdaspeed3 (2010-2013) models  (Read 1647 times)

winerice

Mazdaspeed3 (2010-2013) models
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
Got into a wrecked so i am looking for another hatchback for my daily commute. This should be a fun car to drive and also have good cargo space, which is why i'd preferred hatch over sedan. This will be my very first turbo car. Any of  you car enthusiasts own one before and what are yours thoughts? I plan on keeping for long term so reliability would be stress free with routine maintenance. Most of my car I do keep for at least 10+ years like my MR2 Spyder.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: Mazdaspeed3 (2010-2013) models
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »
My cousin owned his MS3 for quite a few years without any issues. He didn't really soup it up but as you said the car is plenty quick the way it is.

winerice

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
It's good to know that. I plan on keeping the engine stock and add some appearance.

winerice

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 07:25:03 AM »
Another question i have for those that have turbo running on synthetic oil. Does the oil seems to be darker compare to a non-turbo engine? I'm doing a full tune up for the speed3 slowly since my budget is tight at the moment.

bloggersdigest

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
Got into a wrecked so i am looking for another hatchback for my daily commute. This should be a fun car to drive and also have good cargo space, which is why i'd preferred hatch over sedan. This will be my very first turbo car. Any of  you car enthusiasts own one before and what are yours thoughts? I plan on keeping for long term so reliability would be stress free with routine maintenance. Most of my car I do keep for at least 10+ years like my MR2 Spyder.

I know plenty of people who own/drive a MS3
They aren't bad cars at all!
Pretty reliable car in my opinion.  No to big looking and enough room.

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:48 PM »
Another question i have for those that have turbo running on synthetic oil. Does the oil seems to be darker compare to a non-turbo engine? I'm doing a full tune up for the speed3 slowly since my budget is tight at the moment.

Actually the oil should look thinner since most high performance 4 cylinder engines run a thinner oil. My turbo Ford Escape run 5W-20/5W-30 oil and it's very gold in color.

winerice

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »
Had the speed3 for about a month now and it's very fun to drive. The power is more than what i used to have and stock height still handling pretty good. Next mod would be a new air intake, catback exhaust, and probably a Cobb AP and called it done. Don't wanna add to much or it will have problem with CA emission.

Hitokiri

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »
Had the speed3 for about a month now and it's very fun to drive. The power is more than what i used to have and stock height still handling pretty good. Next mod would be a new air intake, catback exhaust, and probably a Cobb AP and called it done. Don't wanna add to much or it will have problem with CA emission.

Sounds good.

I don't know how efficient the stock intercooler is but I would look at that as well. Usually on stock car the stock intercooler is a weak point. Even before I go for the exhaust I would check up on the intercooler. I mean, you don't want to re-calibrate your just to find out you need a larger intercooler or the one that your car has is about maxed out. Lastly you don't want to overwork your engine or make it less efficient.

That's just my two cents. I'm sure with a re-calibration you'll be right around the 300 HP range which is usually more then enough to take on most things out there.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
My buddy had one. With all the BPU mods and upgraded turbo he made 380whp or so on E85.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements